wow, the lag is unbearable

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by typnct, Jun 17, 2018.

1. typnct

its like jumping from 100 to 10000 in less than 3 sec(i wish my car could go this fast)
    anyway its annoying to play like this

we need your mighty hand devs!
  2. Lee Weldon

Nah it definitely is bad though I reckon they already know about it and it's already their priority to fix this. I only experienced this on some days and the weird thing is some people aren't experiencing it at all. So I don't really know.
  3. Nwm

i have same ******* issue for a month already, seems they don-t give a crap bout it, my ticket about this issue was closed as SOLVED, wth man.. the game is unplayable
  4. dreyone

is your signature for real or just a joke?
  5. Roxxlyy Community Relations

We're well aware of the issues and working on getting a solution in place.

In summary, an EU-based ISP (Orange) is causing packet loss for players, which is affecting even those who use a different internet service provider. We're looking into different ways that we can resolve the loss, whether that means we can better utilize other ISPs or will have to work more directly with Orange to solve things.
  6. dreyone

I'm having a hard time understanding this. Can you explain why the lag that me and several hundred other players are seeing on Connery (a US West Coast server) while we're connecting to the internet via American internet service providers like Comcast, is being caused by an ISP in Europe? I don't really follow this reasoning. Is the Connery server's uplink being provided by Orange or something?
    • Up x 5
  7. OgreMarkX

I agree. I am online on Connery right now. 30K and climbing lag.

ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT TO PLAY ON A US WEST COAST SERVER I HAVE TO ROUTE THRU THE NETHERLANDS?
    • Up x 2
  8. OgreMarkX

Well, Connery server just booted me due to lag. I went to an AMP fight, during an AMP station alert. You know....well, what was I thinking, right?

Lag upon loading in, 10K, went to 50K, lasted for minutes.

YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE SERVER.

<Nicholas Cage YOU DONT SAY meme>

Maybe I should move from Montana (you know, a state in the Union) to say, Rotterdam, Netherlands.
  9. Mechmaniac

I have the same problem with Cobalt, and I'm in Italy.
    Never experienced lag or graphic problems in the past months, returned after 2 weeks out and the "big update" of last days, and found lag, game freezing and sudden disconnection when lag goes up... :(
    I play with laptop in wi-fi (300mbps) and a GTX 980M card.
  10. typnct

Ffs orange is the worst isp ive ever had in my life
    Bad ping, extremely low upload
    Packet loss(inbound and outbound)
    Joining a server caused other players to get twice more ping in an instant etc etc etc...
    Thats definitely the worst internet company for your cash
  11. breeje

why are the Connery players complaining ? don't you know this is a buff from the dev's to put you all on equal grounds with the Asian players
  12. Fryzjeroo

Im from Polish ad i have that same problem. Im use tracert 69.174.194.166 and last line is Amsterdam1 level3.net and rest line is reguest timet out. It is level3.net problem.
    Sorry for my English
  13. Fryzjeroo

and i have NET ORANGE
  14. OneShadowWarrior

I am going to give Daybreak some credit here, they are responding and are willing to take risks to update and change the game. So far I am impressed with the additions they have done. We are just going to have to be patient.
  15. AlcyoneSerene

Not sure I'm doing this right, I'm from Canada East Coast close to USA border playing on Emerald, did tracert 69.174.194.166 like user above, seeing 5 lines that are fine, 6th line shows 264 ms Amsterdam1.level3.net ,all other lines up to 30 are all timed out.

Early in the day had my usual very good ping ~30-50 ms, now in afternoon with just one continent open and warpgates not even stabilized ping shot up. Played with someone from Europe and they had about 100ms, while in game I was up to 195ms network & 234ms server latency.

Gaming experience with "Bad" lag is literally unplayable, I tried all of last night only to quit in frustration. This never went away yesterday, it was constant, but did not experience the lag spikes to infinity which also broke the game.

[IMG]
  16. Fryzjeroo

level3.net this is problem meaby giving lov prioririty to orange or somthing. I buy for month vpn to check this problem and i not have longer badd ping, my serwer ping is max 120.
  17. PhoenixFanatic

You are telling us that ORANGE is Europe BASED, but not if the American servers are affected by this.

If you think that it is just affecting the European servers - You are wrong.

Quite the opposite is the case for my connection. I have been playing on the US EAST server EMERALD for a long time now, but I am based in Berlin, Germany.

I have the connection issues only with the American servers, but not on COBALT.

I believe that the problems are caused by your game changes and you should admit that or at least tell us if the American servers also belong to ORANGE or not.
  18. PhoenixFanatic

Todays compilation (it's getting even worse. Even air is unplayable this evening):

[IMG]
  19. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Yes, we know it is affecting more than just EU regions, but that is where one of the major pain points for the problem is stemming from.

Copied/pasted one of Paul's comments from Reddit, as he has a much deeper understanding of this than I do:
  20. Soldier2765

This problem is also disrupting the GENUDINE server on PS4, please take a look too