Weapon damage value vs. HP of vehicles

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OtoriAssahara, Jun 17, 2018.

1. OtoriAssahara

Can someone explain me why weapon with have e.g. 750 or 975DMG (Supernova FPC NS Decimator etc.) it's abble to on one hit destroy ESF who have 3000HP? Why T2 Striker and NS-R3 Swarm who have 900&1050 total DMG do less than ML-7 which only has 725 DMG?

Pls. explain me this s*it. Because i don't understand.
  2. DrPapaPenguin

Armour reduces damage by a % I think.
  3. LaughingDead

They still use resistances to verify one shots or heavy damage, however they nerfed everything else and tried to remove resistances to make it “less confusing”.

No, they wanted to make it so you cannot rocket primary infantry, make it so that flak could prevent tank shells, make regular noseguns weaker to infantry and I have no ******* clue why they did this with some weapons but not all because that would’ve been the least confusing.
  4. FateJH

It's called resistance modifiers. They change the base value of damages, either making them increase or decrease, depending on the target. We have these two tables to help you. You start with base weapon damag, then multiple it by (1 - Directional Armor Resistance/100) and then muliptly it again by (1 - Damage Resistance/100). You find Direction Armor by determining which side of the vehicle is face you. You find the Damage Resistance by finding the cell of the column of the vehicle and the row of the weapon damage type. Some aren't explicit but the tooltip will help and individual weapon pages list damage types these days.

By way of example, an NS Decimator (975 base damage and Infantry Rocket Launchers/ESF in the second table) versus an ESF (3000 health and no directional resistances in the first table). The former number, therefore is 0% and the latter is -225%. After the calculation, the damage is rounded down to the whole number.

975 x ( 1 - 0 / 100 ) x ( 1 - -225 / 100 )
    975 x ( 1 - 0 ) x ( 1 - -2.25 )
    975 x 1 x ( 1 + 2.25 )
    975 x 3.25
    3168.75 ~ 3168

3168 is the actual modified damage of a Decimator rocket against an ESF. That's how it works. If the ESF had at least Composite Armor 1, it would survive (for a short amount of time).
    • Up x 1
  5. Xebov

There is possitive and negative armor modification. Which means some weapons damage is reduced while other weapons damage is amplified.
  6. Halkesh

As FateJH explained, decimator damage can OHK ESF because ESF have a high vulnerability to Rocket Launcher damage type. However, most G2A RL (grounder, striker and Swarm) deal their splash damage (Flak damage type) to airplane instead of their direct damage (Rocket Launcher damage type).

Since ESF have lower vulnerability to flak than to RL damage type, it explain why you must deal ~1200 flak damage to kill an ESF but only need 1 decimator rocket to kill an ESF without composite armor.
    ESF take x2.8 damage from flak detonation (burster, aspis phalanx, G2A RL splash)
    ESF take x3.25 damage from Rocket Launcher direct hit.