If no one "wants to play", what do those who do "want to play" do?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Inzababa, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Corezer

my sig has to do with photobucket no longer allowing me to put my gifs in... you would know if you were here longer.

Some things take experience, you obviously don't have enough. Hell, you can't even construct a forum argument without getting too hot headed, running in too quick and tripping over yourself. I think this exchange actually goes a long way towards proving me correct in my assertion that you are in fact just a hot headed player making excuses for your poor performance.

game is fine, l2p
    • Up x 1
  2. Luicanus

I recently posted a series of suggestions to improve alerts, while I appreciate that some of them will be obsolete come the new Aler system I'd love to hear your feedback on the ideas I've brought forward.

Look up 'Alert Reforms' if they're no longer on the main page.
    • Up x 1
  3. Luicanus

Agreed,

Good game design while not forcing players to play a certain way makes it so that the best way to achieve their goals (Certs, ISO-4 etc) is to comply with what the designers want them to do.
    The present system is frankly abysmal at this.

Clearly the players have voted with their boots and by ignoring alerts are signalling that they're simply not worth the time and effort to play.
    Hopefully, the devs new designs coming out soon will have taken good design into account rather than just being another blind bandaid.
  4. TR5L4Y3R

... oh lord the irony ...
  5. DrPapaPenguin

It's up to you then to find others who enjoy playing the same way that you do. It's not up to others to sacrifice their enjoyment for your own.

Unfortunately, sometimes the game doesn't provide it for you, and you have to find your own. It's either that, or play a different game.
  6. Ragnarock

Why should I ever care for alerts when literally all I get are useless decals? Thats honestly how I feel about alerts.
  7. Doc Jim

The only reason I try to help in alerts is because I want to max out the implants that I use.
    When that is finished, alerts will mean nothing to me.

Maybe the developers should consider bringing back the cert reward for alert winners in addition to the... what was it again, ISO-4? Who came up with that name anyway? Always reminds me of the International Organization for Standardization... which I find disturbing.

While there may be players who have no interest in additional certs, they are not in the majority. Make winning alerts lucrative in the cert department and plenty of people will start playing the objective again.
  8. Inzababa

it's an unfair situation.

Let's say, for argument's sake, that we simplify things and class players in 2 groups :

1. those who don't care for alerts

2. those who do.

It's unfair because, no matter what happens, group 1 will be happy. If there is an alert, or not, if they are winning, or losing, whatever, they don't care, they happy.

Group 2 is only happy when participating or fighting for an alert. They may also be unhappy because of the way an alert is going.

For example; if TR is being warpgated, group 1 doesn't care, a fight's a fight, group 2 is outraged and frustrated and feels like ragequitting.

So as far as group 1 can be potentially happy all the time, group 2's happiness is dependent different things happening, one of which, the one for which I am moaning about now, is where it feels like only a tiny minority of my faction cares about the alert, because if no one cares about it, we certainly aren't going to win it and it isn't (for me) going to be fun.

EDIT : SORRY I FORGOT TO SAY :

why does this matter to the DEVS and anyone else?

Because, as far as I understand it, and even though this game is a sandbox (which I have already said but will repeat just in case :; THATS GREAT AND I LOVE SANDBOX ITS AN AWESOME FEATURE), when the devs came up with the idea of the Alert system and locking continents and all that :

They most certainly did not intend, even though it's a sandbox, for such a small percentage of players to take part in them.

So I'm kinda hoping we're on the same wavelength now :)
  9. HippoCryties

You can do quite a bit with a CQC bolt in an alert. Get on the flank of those camping enemies and pop their heads from a safe distance where they think they are safe!