NS-357 IA "Deringer Edition"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SpeedFreakPS0NE, Jun 6, 2018.

1. SpeedFreakPS0NE

Got this from an alert last night.

Anyone else have this?

I don't like it.

Thanks
  2. Liewec123

i wish i had it, its very very rare though so congrats!
    for those who don't know, this is an Underboss that fires 2 shots at once, very cool, (its a powerhouse!)
    to even have a veeeeery small chance at getting it you must have the original Underboss unlocked and win an alert with the max reward parameters. (over 90% participation + victory.)

there is also a similar weapon, Showdown, which is a Blackhand with pinpoint accurate hipfiring and no optics,
    same as with Deringer, to get a tiny chance at unlocking it you need to already own the original version
    and win an alert with max reward parameters.
  3. customer548

I won it on my VS character.
    It's nice to have it, but is not really reliable for "WTF moments" when you have to hit the panic button to switch to your pistol.
    I way prefer to use the regular Underboss, Beamer or NS-45 Pilot (the last one totally worth it).
  4. Pacster3

Got Showdon and Deringer within 3 days of each other. Showdown is downright crap. Deringer packs quite a punch(if both bullets hit) but you only got three shots(you miss, you die) and the range is lower than that of a Commisioner. It's nice but it's definitely not more than a sidegrade to Commsioner and Underboss.
  5. SpeedFreakPS0NE

Yeah the 2 meter max damage range, the spread on the 2 shots, 3 shots before reloading makes it niche
  6. customer548

I guess it's the same thing as Directive weapons. You unlock them as rewards, it's nice to have them, but you quickly go back to the your own favorite"player base weapons" unlocked with Certs. Game Balance.