Wow! This laptop is good

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HippoCryties, Jun 5, 2018.

1. HippoCryties

So I tested my AMD Ryzen 2500u and Vega 8 graphics laptopmon ps2 and wow. 40 FPS on medium in a 48-48 fight! Just wow
  2. Movoza

A 2GHz core with a max boost of 3.6 on a processor heavy game. What did you expect?
    Although they are optimizing multi core processing, one core will still get most of the load due to unexpected processes starting/demanding more, as well as the distribution and reintegrating processes onto/from other cores.

If you want to get higher performance, choose the stuff correctly. A 10.000.000.000.000 core with the best GPU in existence won't help get a high fps on PS2 if each core has 2GHz power.
  3. HippoCryties

Haha lol I didn’t mean it sarcastically. I meant to say I was happy with it becuase it’s a laptop and performs so well! Sorry
    • Up x 2
  4. infilallday

I too thought that was pretty good going for a laptop!
    • Up x 1
  5. HippoCryties

Yeah IKR! Looks like AMD chips can finally run PS2 although this chip is very new. The vega 8 graphics are actually my bottleneck right now which is very surprising considering PS2 is cpu heavy
  6. kassad

Vega benefits lot from 16 gb of ram..So i guess you have 8 gb in your laptop. consider buying extra 8 gb of RAM, it will boost your perfomace a lot.
  7. HippoCryties

Really? Hmm I’ll look into that then. Thanks for the tip
  8. Movoza

Ah my bad. It seemed you said wow sarcastically, so I thought you expected 120 fps or something. My prejudices aren't right this time!

I'm actually surprised you still get so much out of the cpu. If you can prevent it from heat throttling during the boost period you could squeeze out some more fps as long as ot lasts. Check the fora for some tips on the graphics settings! I forgot which, but you want to set some graphics settings a bit higher. Some of the graphics settings have a turning point, at which they aren't done by the processor, but by the graphics card, so the processor could squeeze out some more performance! The processor is your limiting factor for PS2. Good luck!
  9. customer548

As a desktop user, it seems that a lot of people use 15GB RAM nowdays. I just use 8GB on my desktop (Intel CPU). Is the benefit of 16GB vastly increase PS2 performances?
  10. kassad

For PS2 you dont need 16 gb Ram as a desktop user. For desktop i would go for SSD. Dual channel 8 gb or 16 gb is only for AMD new mobile procesors which use Vega 8 for it really benefits from extra ram in dual channel.
  11. Dakka43

Not so much a huge increase.. Unless you're a person like most of us who has a web browser open playing music which can help with that. Though its mostly for people who do streaming.
  12. HippoCryties

Yeah I bought a cooling mat . Played for 3 hours straight and laptop didn’t get too hot. AMD is surprisingly good now, finally catching up to Intel by the looks of things
    • Up x 1