All Access Membership. Account suspended for teamkilling.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Violence777, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Violence777

Since when is this even a thing?
    I spent sixty dollars on this game in the last two months so i can have my account suspended for team killing the guy running around killing allied esfs in his harasser?
    how is this even a thing?
    No warning, no weapons lock. Didnt even get the final warning for weapons lock.
    Just kicked.
    Seriously what is up daybreak this is no way to keep a paying customer.
  2. DarkStarAnubis

Can we see your character stats?

I have met (and reported) serial TKers in the past but they seem to stay around no matter what.

What have you done to deserve it?
    • Up x 1
  3. Prudentia

probably annoyed someone enough to get someone to write a support ticket instead of just wasting time writing an ingame report.
    • Up x 1
  4. Violence777

I am not a habitual team killer.
    I was flying around in my mosquito fighting tanks, i took some damage and landed to repair in a safe area away from the front line, just on the other side of the mountain. This harasser comes all the way across a field to ram my esf and run me over, taunts (v1) and speeds off. I respawn another mosquito, return to the same fight and see him, i lit him up with my hornets. Shot down by enemies soon after i respawn on sunderer to continue the fight with the enemy and i am shot gunned three times in a row by the harasser crew. The fourth time i manage to get into the sundy and use the top gun to kill them, 2 for the driver 3 for the gunner.
    I stopped shooing them and sent a tell "say your sorry" then i was disconnected from server.
    I never received a weapons lock or even the final warning.
    • Up x 1
  5. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Team killing is against the rules, and we don't recommend trying to fight fire with fire, or a griefer with griefing. I understand the good intentions, but if you see someone breaking the rules you should report them (regardless of whether or not you're a member).
    • Up x 4
  6. DarkStarAnubis

Weird. I have TK'ed a few people (never on purpose) and never had a weapon lock.

You do not look a serial TK from your stats IMHO.
    • Up x 1
  7. Violence777

Resolved, suspension lifted.
    Thank you very much for your time and consideration.
    • Up x 4
  8. oOHansOo

How can you even get enough teamkills, to have your weapons locked? I played 1409 hours in Planetside 2 now, and not once had my weapons locked.
    • Up x 1
  9. JibbaJabba

Same here. I've had one weapons lock during a harasser "death race". No friendly fire, just lots of wrecks. Otherwise been playing since beta and never been locked once.

From what he's saying though he didn't get weapon lock. He got an account suspension. Someone reported him I'm guessing.

I'm very much aligned with Roxxly on this. I'm always reminding people, "No. Do not return fire. No paybacks. Just report and move on". That retaliation stuff gets out of hand.
  10. AlcyoneSerene

I've had a weapons lock (maybe 2x, I don't remember) with the OP iteration of the Canis on release day. It was so powerful the accidental hits with unstable ammo at the time translated into many headshots in a target-rich environment.

The Great Canis Massacre was a perfect example for why faction balance is important. I still want unstable ammo to be reworked into something else.
  11. tommyrocket

If I recall, weapons lock happens when you deal damage to a teammate or any number of them 100 times. Number of kills and or damage dealt do not seem to matter, just the amount of hits. For example, the nosegun for an ESF can teamkill 1 time, but after that, you will get weapons locked before getting the second teamkill. Because it's based on hits and not damage, one is able to continually teamkill a single person many, many times with a 1-hit-kill shotgun, or other weapon. They may shoot many pellets, but it all counts as one instance of damage. I do however wonder if the amount of "teamdamage" hits required for a weapons lock is different for infantry and vehicles. I would not know as I do not wish to intentionally kill, let alone damage allies.

Ancient Astronaut Theorists believe the answer is a resounding "yes". (TV Joke)

I just want to clarify that the above is purely for educational purposes; how the system works so users know- not promoting teamkilling in any way.
  12. JobiWan

I'm glad you got it sorted, but what's the relevance of how much you've spent on the game? Are you saying paying money should entitle you to break the rules?
    • Up x 4
  13. JibbaJabba

This. People are already under the impression that paying members won't get banned. I have always been quite certain they would. Sorry about your misfortune, OP, but I'm glad they made a temporary example out of you to help dispel this.

If anything paying members should be the ones least likely to cheat for exactly this reason. You get yourself banned an your invested money is gone.
    • Up x 2
  14. Sprant Flere-Imsaho

I wish there were some kind of restrictions or something for people with horrendous TK ratios.
    • Up x 2
  15. AEROCHAOSS

great advice. Can we have a working report system for the ps4 please?
    There is this guy, who always switches fraction, when I kill him, just to C4 me. No way to report.
  16. Pacster3

Imagine everyone would report TKs. I think about 5% of my deaths have been TKs. And likely about 0,5% have been on purpose or cause someone just didn't care if I die or not(I remember the one time when I was run over by a sundy in my MAX suit on the open field). Never came to my mind that I should report that. Or that I could be reported if I blow up his sunderer later on(didn't do in this case...but in others).

And then I remember a situation where we had 70% pop and couldn't get to the point A cause 80% of the people have been spawning at some sundy on a cliff shooting down for like 40 minutes. So I blew that sundy up...5 minutes later we had that area. Sometimes you need to force people to act smart... ;-)
    • Up x 1
  17. Jac70

Some people absolutely deserve teamkills... I was thinking today that we should be able to put bounties upon TK'ers. Most people don't buy bounties anyway so I don't think it would be abused. We all accept the occasional FF incident but if someone does something properly idiotic or intentional then I feel we should be able to put a price upon their head and allow your own empire to claim the XP. Someone who had a own faction bounty on them would not trigger friendly fire griefing points.
  18. AlcyoneSerene

Definitely agree that some people deserve team kills, or as a form of communication and quick internal dispute regulation between nanite supersoldiers as opposed to special snowflakes so long as it isn't excessive and particularly disruptive to the gameplay. That said, I am glad there consequences for those who think they can abuse it and do get reported. A fine line in judgment is always necessary if intelligence is to prevail.
  19. Sprant Flere-Imsaho

There was a game I played long ago, I think it was America's Army, that allowed you to /punish or /forgive TKs. The idea being that when you were intentionally TKed you could put a mark on their record and when you felt it was understandable or forgivable you gave them a pass. Seemed to work pretty well. People with high "honor" ratings would get preference for playing certain rolls in that game, in PS2 maybe those with high honor would get moved to the front of the queue (for a vehicle or access to a continent), or some other benefit.
    • Up x 2
  20. JobiWan

Yes some people do deserve team kills and it's hard not to sink to their level, but some do it so that you will teamkill them in revenge and get weapons lock. We really shouldn't sink to their level.

About two weeks ago, I was in a squad, we had a valk up and it 'stole' a kill from an a-hole in a mossy, so the mossy pilot chased it down and started firing at it, then he was strafing our squad on the ground and attacking our sundy. I sent him a tell expressing my opinion of his intelligence level to which he replied 'big mistake'.

About an hour later he showed up in an infantry fight and just shot me in the head point blank, no chance it was a mistake. I just reported him and blocked him.

TLDR some people are just idiots.
    • Up x 1