NC maxes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MintiFresh, May 29, 2018.

1. typnct

look at the others... 3kdr then seems more reasonable
    dont forget that the stats are overall players in the game
    that means that it even counts when you are a low level player
    so at the begining its extremely low and then it gets fixed abit by a bit and in the end it equalizes to 3kdr while in the current time it might be 10 20 30 kdr or above per life
    and btw its 3.7 kdr with one hand
    2 hands its 7.4 on average
  2. JibbaJabba

mmm, that wasn't the stat he was looking for. He stated...

The page you cited doesn't really provide this. You can get a hint of it by looking at the "Users" column where you see the TR and VS MAX weapons as a whole have more users than NC MAX weapons as a whole.

You can spot similar circumstances in the same data. Compare the NC Jackhammer -vs- the NC GaussSaw. The Jackhammer has a higher KDR. Is this because it's the better overall weapon? No. It's because the Jackhammer only gets used in circumstances where it will be effective.
    • Up x 2
  3. JibbaJabba

Mmm, no. It doesn't work that way, sorry :p
  4. typnct

I gave the stats for 1 mattock right side and its 3.4 kdr
    The secons is 3.3
    Yep it works like that
    The stats i gave is for 1 mattock
    The 2nd is3.3
    So yeah
    You lost the argument
    • Up x 1
  5. JibbaJabba

The KDR is that of the player wielding the weapon, not the weapon itself.

3.4 KDR on one hand and 3.3 KDR on the other hand means the players KDR was 3.35. You average them, not add them to get 7.4 !!

When you use two weapons to kill one person, you don't get two kills for it.

"you lost the argument".... my eyes rolled so hard they are stuck. Great. Now I get to walk around looking like I'm possessed by a demon. Thanks for that. Appreciate it.
    • Up x 2
  6. typnct

You dont average them as they are duel wield them
    Your argument is totally lost
    Right side is 3.7 the right kne is 3.6(kdr fix)
    3.7(right side weapon)+3.6(left side weapon)
    You lost by a long shot
  7. Prudentia

that side is 100% useless anyway because there is 0 context for the information. it's nice to see that the NC MAX is more effective than any other MAX and not suprising, but that page is useless.

wat.
    do you... understand how kills work?
    if you shoot someone and they go to 0 HP they die.
    then you get a kill for that weapon.
    when you die while holding a weapon in your hands you get a death with that weapon.
    when you dualwield a weapon only 1 of the weapons deals the final damage.
    when you die both weapons get 1 death added.
    you get the KD of a dual wield weapon by adding up all kills for both and adding up all deaths and diving by 2 (ofcourse not 100% accurate because you can mix and match, but that isn't very common for obvious reasons)
    so yes, adding up the two KDs is the correct thing to do.
    • Up x 1
  8. typnct

Jibba you outplayed yourself
    Each left right gets kdr by itself
    You just add left to right and you get the most effective kdr in tbe game

Thats it.
  9. JibbaJabba

Guys, guys.

I die once.
    During that time I kill 10 people.
    My KDR is 10.
    Now I actually killed
    6 with left, 4 with right.
    KDR for left weapon will be 10 (not 6)
    KDR for right weapon will be 10 (not 4)
    If you try to add the Left and Right you'll arrive at the conclusion that the player has a KDR of 20 when they only killed 10 people.

If you see a KDR of 3.3 for Left and 3.4 for Right then the KDR of an average player using those was 3.35.

The variance between the two (3.3 vs 3.4 for example) is not due to the player getting more kills with Left/Right during a dual wield. It's due to players running an asymmetrical build and getting more/less kills during those times.
    • Up x 2
  10. typnct

Your conclusion is shàt im sorry to tell you
    Left 3.7+3.5=7.2
    Your math is weak af
    Once again you fail
  11. JibbaJabba

Guys, guys.

1 I die once.
    2 During that time I kill 10 people.
    3 My KDR is 10.
    4 Now I actually killed
    5 6 with left, 4 with right.
    6 KDR for left weapon will be 10 (not 6)
    7 KDR for right weapon will be 10 (not 4)
    8 If you try to add the Left and Right you'll arrive at the conclusion that the player has a KDR of 20 when they only killed 10 people.

9 If you see a KDR of 3.3 for Left and 3.4 for Right then the KDR of an average player using those was 3.35.

10 The variance between the two (3.3 vs 3.4 for example) is not due to the player getting more kills with Left/Right during a dual wield. It's due to players running an asymmetrical build and getting more/less kills during those times.

Adding line numbers in case you need to point out exactly where I'm wrong.
    • Up x 1
  12. Prudentia

no
    you are wrong at 6 and 7
  13. LaughingDead

This is basically boiling down to "It feels bad, nerf it". Well it doesn't feel good to be laser beamed down by blueshifts at 30 meters either. If you think NC maxes are the most over powered thing in the game, pull them at every fight you get, share the results, after all, comparing NC VS and TR without any sort of point of reference, then there's no conversation to be had here because all it will boil down to is "this killed me and it felt bad, nerf it".
  14. Liewec123

So are the VS whining that NC spending 450 nanites and getting 6 kills needs nerfing
    Or are the VS whining that the other maxes should be getting 6 kills before dying too?
    I'm getting quite adept at understanding the VS whining (we have enough of it that everyone should be adept!),
    and I hope it is the 2nd one.
  15. Prudentia

thanks for saying "why don't you do this thing that is already happening"
    either is ok.
    but if you think neither is needed then you are just really dumb.
  16. Newlife1025

Hold up, had to log in real quick. Exactly how is he wrong in 6 and 7. You say to add the kd for both arms but he already disproved that at 8. Please give more insight on this.
  17. typnct

Ok jibba jabba lets start with explaining 6 7 8 9 and 10
    Ill use simpler equation
    Lets say A=4 B=5
    A and B are the kdr
    A is left arm
    B is right arm
    A+B=C
    C is the overall kdr
    A cant be worth c,B cant be worth c
    Why?
    Because its possible only if A or/and B is worth zero
    The other option is if a or b are worth infinity, then they can be worth C

67 disprooven

8: C must be larger than A or B
    Somehow in your calculation A+B=C
    But aldo A=C and also B=C
    Which is possible only if the number rises in cycles
    9: you killed 10 people
    4 with your right and 6 with your left every time you play
    Your overall kdr is 10
    Your left weapon kdr is 6 and your right is 4
    How did you get to twice the number? At least try
    With that logic my kdr in each weapon is 10? What then the overall is 20 but then my average kdr is 20 for each weapon and that means my overall is 40.... Again, thats infinit cycles
    All that you calculated is really bad... (6+4)/ 2 =5
    5 is the average kdr for each weapon
    Combined its still 10
    10:its due to luck, they change places as left right every now and then usually duel wielded so yeah....
    Thats all 6 7 8 9 and 10 for you
    And btw gj for reporting me, im proud of you
  18. JibbaJabba

I believe I am. It looks like that site tracks it per the weapon not the player so the weapons in my example wouldn't carry the player average of 10, but the 4 or 6. If a death occurs it would apply to both weapons (kdr 2 and 3 which matches the players 5)

Apologies for the salt. I should have saved it to sprinkle on my humble pie.

So if running a NC BR100+ with the kung-fu, you can get a 3.2 and 3.4 weapon so should pull off a KDR of ~6.7. A pair of blueshifts will net you 4.9, and mercies net a 4.6.

I guess I would have the same question that Demigan had though: Is that because the weapons are being used only in their specialized role?

It's interesting that the one shotgun that has some sort of range is so much higher than all the others. The Scat, Hacksaw, and Grinder are all in the same realm as the Mercy, Blueshift, Mutilator.

Also interesting that the BR100 numbers jump so much with the Mattocks but not so much with other guns. I suspect this is due to BR100 players knowing how to maximize the synergy with the Aegis to keep the weapon in that specialized range. I don't think TR or VS have a similar meta that they can learn.
    • Up x 2
  19. JibbaJabba

Want to see some really interesting stuff? Go lookup the Gorgons KDR across factions.
    • Up x 1
  20. Prudentia

i suspect the Mattocks superior stats (as much as that sites stats can be used for anything) comes from it's generalist role.
    at 2m any scatter gun will kill the target.
    at 10m any scattergun will kill the target
    at 20m only the mattock can still reliably threaten the target.
    same as for the other factions, at 10. any AI gun hit, but at 20m only mercies and blueshifts really have the ability to semi reliable hit.
    and yes, ofcourse scatter MAXes are only usedin their intended role. that role is almost every single fight in the entire game.
    just to reiterate: the Blueshifts are the Polaris LMG with ALS and your ADS unbutton unbound. and i can kill my targets much faster with the polaris if i just ADS and aim for the head.
    the VS MAX trades firepower for HP.
    the NC MAX does not, it gains both firepower and HP as the scatter cannons are a straight upgrade to any semi, auto or pump action shotgun.
    • Up x 1