New form of cheating?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DarkStarAnubis, May 31, 2018.

1. DarkStarAnubis

I have been paying attention and since a few times I see a repeating pattern, especially in CQC (e.g. Biolabs) :

I see an enemy
    I open fire
    The enemy disappears (literally) while taking hits.

Sometimes I manage to kill him anyway since I get the kill message, but not always.

Have you experienced something similar?
    • Up x 1
  2. LegendarySalmonSnake

When people use a teleport to get into a biolab that is somewhat far away and/or there is high pop, the lag compensation mechanics sometimes misplace their still character outside the teleporter room until their loading screen ends. They then warp into their correct position inside the teleporter or their corpse if they got killed first. Dunno what it is if it's happening to you outside of biolabs.
  3. adamts01

I've had a few instances of otherwise smooth moving targets suddenly start warping once taking damage. But for the last couple weeks I'm blaming most things on the server.
  4. DarkStarAnubis

I am on Cobalt - it usually works.

And no, it is not related to teleports (but I know what you mean I have seen it)
  5. PlanetBound

I thought teleporting was long gone. Other day I saw someone come up through the floor to the A point.
  6. adamts01

I'm sure that's just latency. I've seen videos of guys moving through terrain when disconnected in the past, but that seems to have been fixed. But when someone disconnects now or the server is incredibly bogged down like during that 4x XP event, the server keeps the player moving along the same line before the connection/latency happened, which is often through walls and floors, then the player warps to his correct position once the data from his PC catches up to the server.
    • Up x 1
  7. AlcyoneSerene

Never killed anyone that vanished, or had hit markers on someone who vanished.

I have seen players vanish (not cloaking of any kind, not minor cloak, implant cloak, etc.) after chasing them around into a dead end or open field, and recently had a vanguard vanish around a big rock on Esamir, and then again a little later on an open terrain only to reappear again flanking my prowler, but we won against them and they never had or popped their shield.