Server Merge

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by engineernz, May 27, 2018.

1. engineernz

Briggs server is dead. Transfers aren't available. Can we do a merge?
    • Up x 3
  2. adamts01

Most Aussies seem to play on Connery anyway.
  3. engineernz

yea but those who have invested money and time into Briggs should be able to get transferred to a playable server
    • Up x 2
  4. adamts01

Absolutely agree.
  5. DeadlyOmen

Let Briggs die. The Aussies are trying to kill Connery now- we need all efforts geared toward saving Connery- inviting more Aussies is the WRONG thing to do.
  6. Arskov

Why don't we just force-transfer all of the asians over to Briggs? It'll give the Aussies something to shoot at and get cancer like FPSK, YLBT, and HHCN out of Connery. Then we just have to deal with the WildTards and what's left of iHoP.
  7. OgreMarkX

YLBT probably has a higher Team Kill rate than all NC on all servers combined.

Whenever I see YLBT I imagine the Spaceballs cross-eyed gunner.

As a Connery TR, when you prepare to breach an enemy defense, the first thing you need to do is kill all nearby YLBT. It's safer that way.

Btw, for the non Connery players, YLBT is a TR outfit.
    • Up x 1
  8. adamts01

Asians get a better connection to Connery than Briggs.
  9. engineernz

how are the Aussies killing Connery? Most of the ones ive talked to on Briggs refer to Connery as complete cancer and have started fresh on Emerald
  10. Arskov

I actually really like the Aussies that have come to Connery. They're a fun group, they actually organize, and they're good players. We need more like them and less like the others I mentioned.

Oh... and one other thing.
    That just made my day.
    • Up x 1
  11. OgreMarkX

bah image insert fail, me fail bad.
  12. Arskov

• Up x 1
  13. Atorum

Please dont merge with Emerald, I still have problem dealing with late night European players and their lagging, dont need more.
    Wish there was an IP ban for servers, would make thing so much better.
    • Up x 1
  14. Roxxlyy Community Relations

No plans to merge servers at this time.
  15. Sprant Flere-Imsaho

Are there any plans with regard to server instances? Like, "we're going to bring the Tokyo server online in Q4" or "we're implementing strict ping and packet loss parameters to auto-disconnect people who degrade the gameplay experience for others"?
  16. Roxxlyy Community Relations

We're still aiming to open up the Tokyo server as far as I know, but I haven't gotten an update on it in a while so I don't have an ETA
    • Up x 1
  17. DeadlyOmen

It is not uncommon to see one answer their own question.

It will be a shame to see a Tokyo server open. I will move from Connery, whose server is less than 50 miles away, to a server that is across an ocean.
  18. Armcross

I play west cost since Planetside 1 and I feel this is my home. I can't even understand most Asian language, I have better communication in Connory.
    I am not sure if I going to switch Server if that is the case. At least I will be conflicted if we get 1 free server migration. But still I will try with alt character.
  19. OgreMarkX

DBG needs to allow server transfers. They also need to enforce a ping or region limit.

PUBG has apparently been having the same exploit/cheat/ping issues. Any guesses on from where and why? Oh that's right, it's 2018 and facts don't matter.
    • Up x 2
  20. kungflu

I don't think having an APAC server is a good investment. They are very costly compared to western and european servers. It is feasible, but it'll turn out dead just like Briggs.
    Server segregation should no longer be a thing for 2018, especially with the netcode of this game that feels tolerable even at 300+ ping. Having a global server like this really helps to fill up the active players.
    The players that complains about being inferior to foreign users are just bad. They have better response time aka lead time for killing the 'foreign player'. Devs should really stop listening to horrible proposal.