[Suggestion] Can THE VS stop complaining about how the TR is "OP" when a mag rider can already take on 5 prowlers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Delta991, May 28, 2018.

1. Delta991

This is getting very annoying, it's not the mag riders that are super powerful now, but our TR infantry weapons have been needed to hell because of the complaining the VS does to daybreak developers. We need to talk about the VS weapons because it's because of those that makes the game unenjoyable.
  2. Prudentia

i'm sorry, but if your argument is:
    VS is OP because 1 mag can kill 5 prowlers because TR small arms got nerfed
    that would explain a lot about the logic of people who claim VS is OP
    • Up x 6
  3. Doc Jim

Sounds like a magical Magrider or 5 afk Prowlers :D
    • Up x 4
  4. LtBomber

WOW, ehhhh...

Since when has a TR weapons been nerfed because VS (and only VS?) complain about it? There are some balancing passes every now and then, but mostly they are fair. You can have your infanty weapon back if we get 0,75 ADS, Canis pre-Nerf, and ZOE.

No, be honest I WANT EXCATLY THAT MAGRIDER!!!
  5. customer548

VS => "TR and NC are OP"
    TR => "VS and NC are OP"
    NC => "TR and VS are OP"
    • Up x 7
  6. LodeTria

You're bad.
  7. raffa2

Having recently tried the magrider with my tankman, i must say that the tank, on smart hands, is shamefully strong simply due to the amount of positioning and movement options you have, and it literally goes above mountains, on places not even harassers can reach, so the prowler still is confirmed by us after vanguard and maggie gameplay, the worst (yet most fun due to lockdown spam and speed) MBT.

Yet your thread is crap.
  8. Liewec123

totally agree there!

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  9. Arskov

Maggies are annoying as hell but I wouldn't call them "OP." Sure, they can sit there and dodge every shot like a little @%&!$ and that Magburner ability is pure cancer when you're trying to finish one off, but in the end their weapons are more like a tickle than a tank shell and their armor might as well be made of paper plates. Honestly, I've always felt Prowlers are far superior to both factions vehicles due to their high DPS. Sure each individual shot does less damage but you get two where the enemy gets one.

Let's look at the Prowler against the pride of the NC arsenal, the mighty M1A2 Abrams- I mean the Vanguard. If you look at the P2-120 AP versus the Titan-150 AP, the P2 dishes out 342 damage per second where the Titan only manages 212. To put it another way, the Vanguard with her mighty Titan AP and no gunner takes six shots to drop a Prowler (not counting top guns in this). Those six shots will take twenty-four seconds to pull off. A Prowler, meanwhile, only needs five bursts to eliminate the beefier Vanguard and her extra thousand hitpoints, with a kill time of seventeen seconds.Granted, this doesn't factor in the Vanguard's shield ability, the Prowler's lockdown, or the possibility of hitting that rear armor, but you get my point.

I'm not saying the Prowler is OP, mind you. It has its share of weaknesses. The fact that it needs two shots for its insane DPS makes it a bit harder on Prowler drivers and the lockdown ability makes you a sitting duck against a sneaky vanguard. But in skilled hands a single Prowler can be a terrifying presence on the battlefield. Far moreso than a tinfoil Halo knockoff like the Magrider.
    • Up x 2
  10. raffa2

As i said in a previeous thread, the vanguard is the only tank that doesn't require brain to win every engagement, you just press one button.
    The prowler is extremely comfortable to play in, and can win 1v1 easily against magriders if faced front to front.
    Here's where the brain power of the user comes into play, a magrider gets to position itself in absurd ways, having tried that, the magburner can make the magrider pop out from literally anywhere, while in the vanguard case, you can consider yourself practically dead if you get one using a shield face to face on you, to kill the vanguard you must bait the shield, then you get a chance to take it down.

In my experience vanguard players specially have many difficulties in their heads, they don't understanding that their shield is an offensive tool rather than a defensive one, you must use the shield the moment you attack another MBT or a group of smaller arms, not just a lightning 1v1 or a sunderer, in my experience most vanguard players waste the shield in a stupid way, like they pop it up when hiding behind cover and other dumb ways, while in my gameplay with my tankman we devastated a lot of prowlers, which are basically free kills with vanguards that are not dumb, also the mjolnir is the way to go weapon, it covers mid and close range as its grenade spread lets you even shoot from quite the distance and sustained damage in its capacity lets you take on multiple targets at once.
    • Up x 1
  11. Pacster3

You guys always make it sound like all MBTs are 2-manned. Inreality you can play prowler and vanguard as single player...while a magrider as single player is likely weaker than a lightning due to the crappy main gun.
    • Up x 2
  12. SpeedFreakPS0NE

This thread must have originally intended to troll, seriously 5 prowlers ? o_O
  13. adamts01

Multi-crew vehicles shouldn't be balanced around solo players just like balance in an MMO shouldn't revolve around lone wolves.
  14. Pacster3

Says the dude with the best solo player MBT in the game. What a surprise... ;-)
  15. adamts01

I play all 3 factions fairly equally. I do think the Vanguard is the overall best tank, but I have the most fun in the Mag, and definitely play it the most. It's the Prowler that I absolutely detest.
  16. Killer Medic

Each tank his it's own strengths and weaknesses. Prowler is great it someone is using blitzkrieg tactics due to it's speed. One can blitz caps in a hurry with a bunch of prowlers back you up. Maggies? Good from strafing and kiting. Vanguard? Pure firepower with higher armor but low speed and high repair time. Each have their purposes and, depending on the situation, each can be OP or weak as chit.
  17. Ragnarock

I do think that TR has the worst small arms weapons out of all factions, but what does that have to do with tanks again?
  18. Pacster3

So 2 tanks are great for attack and one for running away? And you don't see the flaw there? =)
    Seriously, for kiting you always need someone that is stupid enough to get kited. If you go for the carrot on the stick instead of the guy that is holding the stick then that does not mean that the carrot is strong...but that you are stupid.
    • Up x 1
  19. Jbeasty

Since CAI or w/e at least, I've always thought the mag was the least effective/useful MBT of the bunch. Idc about the 1v1 scenario I presume most people imagine when making comparisons. That being said, I have some great fun in it.

But this thread title is why I clicked this, LOL. Sounds like the prowlers players were using a gamepad while drunk. (playing the pc version)
  20. Pacster3

They are fun(really, really slow fun when the magburner is off, mind you), that's for sure...but not if you use them to do what a MBT should do: Crushing the front gate with raw power(they feel more like agile artillery). Many weapons in this game are fun...but why can't they be about as strong as their counterparts in doing what they should do? The VS equipment is notorious when it comes to that: All the flashy "glowing ball" guns(tank main gun, comets, lasher), ZOE or lancer/vortex come to mind. But it counts as well for crossbow(only being seriously used thanks to explosive darts lately), AV-turret(rather dead right now due to range issues and often being killed before doing much damage) or phoenix.
    • Up x 1