UNPLAYABLE LAG SPIKES, sort it out DB ....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Inzababa, May 22, 2018.

1. Inzababa

last time I saw it that bad, it's because there was 1 or more hackers spaming stuff that made the servers lag, I haven't seen that this time, but honestly, do you need a video??? ..

forgot to mention, this is on Cobalt, and it's literally unplayable ...
    • Up x 1
  2. typnct

it started literraly 3 minutes ago and theres already a post? hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  3. typnct

yeah but it usually lasts for about 5 10 minutes and can be caused by the server over heating
    local(on their side) internet problems that arent under their control or by being transfered to a backup server(no server lag out delay one) and is still getting heat up etc etc etc...

after working with servers for 4 years i can guarantee to you that this spike right now is being handled and fixed asap

anyway i dont think they have the budget for a better server with a server backup that can cost up to 50k$ and up(a crappy one is about 40k$) so we need to handle what we have ;)
    (didnt want to offend you inzababa or something(just in case))
    • Up x 1
  4. Roxxlyy Community Relations

We've been experiencing login and server issues across all of our titles this morning, and are well aware and working to get things fixed.
    • Up x 2
  5. Inzababa

ok ..

but why did you delete my post? There was nothing offensive or that broke the forum rules (and I know it's against the rules to question moderation but I really don'(t care at this point, I can't play if I can't chat on forums either, then **** it..)
  6. Sprant Flere-Imsaho

Can you provide any evidence whatsoever to back this up or even describe what kind of "stuff" you are referring to?
  7. infilallday

I dont think people realise what goes on behind the scenes when things go wrong.

I used to be a removalist, always hung **** on the office staff when there was a stuff up. I now manage the operations at the same company and after being in the office for 3yrs i can safely say i am a hypocrite.
    Now i know what goes on behind the scenes, i have a greater appreciation for it.
    • Up x 1
  8. Twin Suns

It's happening again. PS4

Server Unavailable.
  9. Inzababa

@@
  10. DarkStarAnubis

Yesterday evening (CET time) I was on Cobalt and yes, the game was close to be un-playable: infantry and vehicles warping, consoles not responding, spawn force field walls erratic, tracers not visibile, insta-death phenomenon and so on.

At one point in time I was playing NC with the Phoenix and each time I launched a missile the view did not switch and the missile went ballistic...
  11. Inzababa

Ballistic missile? :D
  12. Twin Suns

Server Unavailable.

PS4.

*sigh*