Vehicle gate change...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by karlooo, May 20, 2018.

1. karlooo

Who came up with this random idea of putting the blue sphere in the middle? It's so bad, I won't even talk about it.

The structures and base building in this game is a perfect concept! But it could have continued, could have been updated into something more enjoyable very easily, something that would fit the current gameplay.

Instead we are getting these completely useless and unwanted updates, which are so simple they probably take 30 min or less to do. But for some reason we get this tiny updates in a month.
    Why does it take months for a useless change to be added, that takes 30 min to do?
    • Up x 1
  2. karlooo

This is a beautiful game, lots of support from others, a big community. Why is this happening?
  3. LegendarySalmonSnake

Also if you think that added blue height limiter ball thingy is bad, you should see the pts version.
    The vehicle gate is getting a small strip of metal under the shield apparently just to block other constructions being build in it while unshielded, (even though shield gates will have their shields on by default) which makes placing it on uneven ground annoying as hell and no more tall walls. (gate on top of a rampart wall) Rampart walls had extra stairs added that block modules from getting placed there and make gapless walls even harder to make. Garage got its "too close to other deployables" -zone increased alongside it's size so you can't place walls, towers or gates anywhere nearby.
  4. karlooo

This topic has nothing to do with exploits, this is completely off topic. Also you guys are attacking me for no reason with some false statements here...don't know why. Can't say I'm a massive **** for no reason lol. You have to show proof I'm ruining game for others with my extreme exploits.
    If you're talking about OS dart gun bug, I never used it...

Yeah but why are these changes being made? Not a single person gets it, devs say nothing too. Would be nice if the devs at least explained it, but there is no explanation even lol, other than they are lazy and are adding some tiny updates just to make it look like game is still alive.
    • Up x 1
  5. csvfr

Buyers should get half of a refund, since only half of the original vehicle gate can be erected at any time
  6. LegendarySalmonSnake

Should have expressed myself more clearly so apologies for that but you weren't one that part was directed at.
    (emphasis on the 'apparently' at the end)

You said it right here. Pointless small changes apparently intended as improvements with little reason as to why exactly and only serve to give the builder more grief. Changes that get pushed to live no matter what because they are small and insignificant.
    • Up x 1
  7. AtckAtck

DB seems very content about annoying the current base builders... All those changes they did up to now and thoses that are still to come, did nothing in favor of the base builders. All they did was nerfing it every time the builders found a way to somewhat find a small advantage through clever placement. The question that nobody seems to ask is: Why do they even need to find out these things? Why don't they just build the damn things they way we thought they would build it? And the answer is so obvous and simple: Because constuction itself is very weak and very strong at the same time.
    It is very stong against the clueless player. Those that don't know how the building mechanics work are having a hard time.
    Those that do know, kill a base very fast. It takes less than 10 seconds to kill any defence tower with any mbt and there is no way to keep it up with repairs, none. Very unfair. The tank can move. A Tower can not. The AI is ultra dumb... It often doesn't even shoot despite the tower being attacked. And it is slow, the tower often dying before the ai even fires a single shot.
    The same when you use it yourself, you get maybe 3 shots out before your phalanx dies, if those all where hits you would roughly have done 1/3 dmg to a mbt. That is so little, it is not even funny anymore.
    Stop offending your current base builders DB! Do something for those that are willing to build and not those that are just ranting about "having" to destoy bases they don't like. Stop listening to those people.
    • Up x 1
  8. DobryiPupok

I agree. The one of main reasons to continue building bases is the experience of successfully defending of built base after good fights. It's not simple now. Nerfing constructions will decrease this experience, and players would not spend a lot of their time in future to build such unsuccessful things, will not build any more.

I build a lot of bases, and only some of them may be successful due to some lucky conditions (proper reinforcement and good spot, ect), and the other is unsuccessful.
    • Up x 1