[Suggestion] Engineer tank blockades.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Suicidalspectre, May 19, 2018.

1. Suicidalspectre

Just have them be those giant I beam x's that can litter the roads and slow a tank column. They need to be durable enough to take a few shots from a tank, but a c4 should take one out.
  2. Demigan

Player reaction:
    "hmm, I'll place it here to stop enemy tanks!"

Friendly tanks: "We've pushed the enemy back! But we can't push forwards because of them tank traps".

Griefer:
    "lets put these in front of vehicle pads, its no different than a deployable shield we have now but far more effective! Or as alternative I'll place one behind some friendly tanks so they cant get into cover and die in a Ball of fire. Or I'll just block off friendly cover so my allies cant use It".

It has too many chances to become a problem. Perhaps as a hardlight barrier that allies can walk/drive through. Perhaps even allow it to be captured by the enemy like those hardlight bridges on Amerish. That way you avoid a lot of problems but do provide protection and defence.
    • Up x 1
  3. Sprant Flere-Imsaho

exactly.

It's already INFURIATING that people can build a little MANA turret standing on a camera tripod and it will stop a MBT rolling off the pad. Is there a deployable that shouldn't explode when an MBT or other vehicle rams it?
    • Up x 2
  4. Suicidalspectre

Ok, so what if hardlight was changed to be passthru for the owning team by vehicles and troops but make it hackable?
    • Up x 2
  5. Halkesh

I suggest to use what's already existing : allow Vehicle gate from construction system to be built inside NDZ.
    • Up x 1
  6. Suicidalspectre

Vehicle gates have their place and I think upgrading bases with double shields would be an issue.
    I'm thinking keeping it on a smaller scale as a way to slow armor columns down a bit. I think zergs these days are just too quick and bases are neigh impossible to set up a descent defense. Anything to slow it down a bit and give armies time to respond is a good thing.
  7. Metalsheep

Tank Traps used to exist in PS1 as well, they were deployable by Fortification Engineers using the Field Deploy Unit. It would deploy a T.R.A.P Tactical Resonance Area Protection. They blocked enemy vehicles from passing through them, and actually did sizable damage to enemy vehicles that rammed them. They also worked decently as cover for infantry units. But the ALLOWED FRIENDLY vehicles to pass through them uninhibited. Though they still blocked incoming fire in both directions.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  8. Ragnarock

would be problematic due to griefing. Also would be a very strong tool for defenders.