Lancer is stupid

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Okjoek, May 18, 2018.

1. SixNineFour

Again ignoring the other major advantage Lancer (and Vortex) have: low exposure time. You can charge up your shot while in cover.
    Lancer also has wicked good walking accuracy.

Striker theoretically is the longest range launcher, but it can only be used on stationary targets at long range and makes the user great sniper bait. Most lock on launcher also turn the user into sniper bait.

The victim of the lancer only has a small window of time to take out the shooter and the lancer is also the most subtle of the launchers. Its sound is weak and not distinct. Figuring out where the shots come from is hardest both because of its sound and quick projectile travel time. Total opposite of phoenix and swarm which both can be seen and heard a hex away.

Lancer also has a pretty generic impact sound which makes it harder to take the proper evasive actions.
  2. Thardus

I've got no complaints about the Lancer. Sure, it might not be quite as crazy as it used to be, but I've still hardly noticed the difference, other than leading targets a little more, and less reliability against air. I still feel like I've got the ability to just reach out and touch someone, that I don't have with any other AV weapon.
    Sure, it's not taking out tanks all on its own, but three or four lancers can shut down almost anything.
  3. LaughingDead

Strikers hands down the best, phoenix is fun and can be devastating in the right situation right time right people and enough people to actually coordinate, lancer is like a longer reaching lockon, it's like why use it when vehicles outside of 300 meters are not a threat to me anyhow?

Striker can always do something, you don't need a team to drop an ESFs HP to half and force him to leave, you might even still hit him if he drops flares as well, you have a almost 0 drop rocket to hit stationary vehicles or vehicles moving in a predicable pattern. Don't even get me started on how unfun striker valks are verses the phoenix valk.
  4. BorgUK1of9

So I know they increased the charge up time to ridiculous, the damage per charge time isnt balanced but did they nerf the range too ? At least being able to annoy things at extreme range was useful.

Can I have back my Lasher, Lancer, jump jet MAX, Thresher and Magrider from PS1 because these PS2 versions have suffered death by committee.

Sorry but losing the will to pay subs and play because its lacking balanced play.