[Suggestion] Consider making membership/bundles more desireable

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ragnarock, May 12, 2018.

1. Halkesh

Does the dev team plan to change membership rewards so member get them automatically instead of having to claim them each month / day ? (DBC / certs).
  2. Ragnarock

Actually I appreciate the wall of text, It is informative. No really, I did not even knew membership was for all of the DB Games.(though sadly I'm only interested in planetside 2). I'm definitely hyped for what that ''cool new thing'' is, and looking forward to see whats planned for sure, and as said in this thread, saving members from daily logins would be an amazing start at that.

And I just learned out about the ASP system today, giving members direct access is very nice for sure.
  3. Sprant Flere-Imsaho

Simple solution: Keep All Access as it is.

Create game specific memberships. A greater portion of the membership funds go towards supporting a specific game, thus allowing people to vote with their wallets. The price can be slightly lower since it's "Less Access", and sales are simpler to coordinate.
    • Up x 5
  4. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Unfortunately, we have no plans to change either of these things (or any of the parameters of All Access Memberships) at this time. I definitely understand where these ideas are coming from (and agree with parts of them), but it's just not something that is planned for right now.
    • Up x 1
  5. Gibber

I think the first step should be refunding/removing cost for items that are already unlocked within a bundle. Currently; the bundles sometimes mean you're paying for the same equipment twice.

The other member benefits that could use a looking at besides an automated cert/DBC allocation; is the members early access items staying the same & having members sales include platinum/holiday gear occasionally.
  6. Beerbeerbeer

You have to do something for players like me. At this point the only reason I’m subscribed is to support this game; I feel like I get nothing out of it, at all. I have everything and it’s been that way for years.

Give us veterans a bone.

I have no problem supporting this game, and I have for years and years, but I should feel like I’m getting something out of it, don’t you think?

Also, for the record: the extra cert and resource gain the subscription supposedly provides doesn’t really feel like it’s much. I don’t even consider it a benefit. Really, maybe it’s just me, but it feels menial.
  7. AtckAtck

That is really a shame. You guys should re-think the bonues of a membership.
    The discount for example is not very interesting for a player that doesn't plan to spend on more than the pure membership.

1. You really need a membership for planetside 2 only.
    I don't care about the other games, i don't play them and probalby never will.
    So why the hell should i pay for a membership for those games?!

2. Stop the manual claiming of DB-Cash and passive Certs.
    Players pay for memberships so they don't have to do tedious chores.

3. The xp bonus is too low. 50% is not nearly enough.
    At least make it double or triple of that.
    Stop the double xp member weekends as compensation.
    If players can only play in the week and not the weekend they pay for nothing.

4. Offer a second Memberhip that is a little more expensive but awards more DB-cash each month.

5. Everything you have on offer is too expensive for what you get, please rethink the pricing.
    10 € for a gun? Hell no! Make it 5 and we are good to go.
    • Up x 1
  8. TheProScout

so the 100 euros im paying per year for ALL ACCES membership, is actually only worth 25 euro's, as im only playing Planetside 2,
    and the rest of the remaining 75 euro's goes to games i don't intentionally support. great
    • Up x 1
  9. Sprant Flere-Imsaho

lol, why? Battle rank is meaningless, why make the number go up faster. IMO BR should be replaced with your number of hours played.
  10. AtckAtck

Becasue more XP = More Certs = Faster unlocks of "stuff"? The very reason anyone pays membership for?
  11. SmittyJensen

It really should be from the customers perspective. I know where your ideas are coming from too, but the all-in-one bundle pricing is not beneficial in the long run unless you specifically play multiple games. And, yes, I see that from your company perspective you're hoping the customer digs into those other games so when/if they get tired of PS2 they go for another one and keep the sub going. By and large is that is what you see happening? It isn't for me at least..

And at 15 a month.. I'm less likely to spend on extra months here and there than I would if it was 8-10 USD (where the price should be imo per game). I don't have time to dedicate multiple months back to back on a sub so those discounts are not beneficial.

Really someone should push harder to convince whoever decides these pricing policies to think again. There is a marketed value in all access but, in the end, it really isn't value to the customer. The extra games that aren't played are just dead weight being paid for. Honestly if PS2 wasn't a daybreak game I wouldn't spend money here. The other games offered don't appeal that much to me. And I can't see many Evercrack players coming over to play PS2.. they're both deep time sinks. You focus on one or the other...
  12. Pelojian

this is not accurate, under the old specific game membership subscription you'd have to pay 100 euros a year per game or go the more painful route of $15 USD a month per game, so no your sub being used on only one game isn't any more expensive then the old system was for you.

let's not forget that you are effectively paying 8.3 euros a month and getting 500 DBC on top every month which is worth $5 USD.

the current system favors those that play multiple DBG titles, but doesn't punish those that don't.
  13. SmittyJensen

We can make it look even better by saying the price would otherwise be 1000000 euros while we're at it. This is somewhat similar to arguing 15 a month is cheap since people buy expensive coffee or movie tickets.. but that is assuming everyone is blowing their money away like that.

And they give no offer to withhold the 500 DBC. It is an all-or-nothing bundle. I'm not sure we can agree that is a value either considering not everyone really wants/need the 500 DBC. Maybe they just want the 50% exp and nanites increase and/or the elevated status in queue. A cut down sub (for one game) with a cut down price could easily be around while still retaining the current sub offerings.
    • Up x 1
  14. Pelojian

it's not about 'looking better' it's looking at the history of their subscription model and seeing the truth of it, rather then a disgruntled subscriber claiming he's paying more for less, when historically, he's paying the exact same as he would have to play 1 DBC game back when the subscription model cost you more if you played and subscribed to multiple DBG titles.

When you buy a bundle in the store, even if it has one or two things you don't like, you still bought the bundle, they don't segment the subscriptions here because any peanuts option will lose them money, it's why they discontinued selling silver membership in everquest 2, a good chunk of people would buy silver for a one time price of $5 rather then sub, so they could buy off the broker meaning they had no big incentive to subscribe.

value is relative true but ether the sub is worth it or it isn't they keep the sub at $15 with enough stuff to tempt people that would only buy a peanuts subscription if they could for 1 or 2 features.

for someone that plays multiple games DBC has plenty of uses.

$15 a month is 50c a day, $100 a year is 27c a day, the issue here seems to be they want the goodies but they don't want to pay the cost the vendor expects, when they'll pay for something else that is tangible single use, like a coffee or movie ticket.
  15. TomoB

Reason why I don't buy membership anymore is that I don't have time/energy to play that often and I wouldn't be able to utilize my membership fully. I have already invested about 60 EUR to this game so I have practically paid full price of a game, paying about 100 EUR each year on top of that feels kinda too much, maybe then if it would be half the price. Or why not have different levels of membership? Like pay 1/2/3/4/5/6/7 EUR/month and have corresponding bonuses. Pay more, get more XP gain and other stuff. I think everyone would find their sweet spot and devs would also make more money when cheap people like me would pay something instead of playing for free.
    • Up x 2
  16. SmittyJensen

I understand you, but I don't agree.. Just because other people pay for expensive coffee doesn't mean a different product I use is cheap/a fair buy... We cannot make up the mind of someone else that a product is cheap.. even if we try to say its pennies on the dollar per day. We'd go broke with that kind of logic.

If it is cheap to you and/or you play other games on this service the great. You'd have no skin in this argument because you're already set.

But for those of us who see their is value in the game, but it isn't quite 15 dollars, then this is the discussion.

Because DBG's pricing in the past doesn't justify pricing in the present or the future. Nor does another person buying a different product affirm the value of it or another product that someone else has purchased. What you consider fair pricing isn't what another person does.

What I'm saying though is DBG would likely get more money in the long run from me if they offered an additional service that charged 8 per game per month than just the 15 dollar all-in-one plan. Because I'd be more likely to sub more months over the year than the few times I do now.

It is an interesting situation and almost an art to price products or services to maximize profit. I just think DBG is leaving meat on the bone - so to speak - right now with propping up a lone bundle membership with more and more filler for the same price. Diversify the plans some.

Just because a certain Television cost 1000 dollars 5 years ago doesn't mean we're getting a value now when they throw in a bluray player, a soundbar, and charge 1000 dollars today. The cost of the product (to manufacture) went down, the company bundled to keep the price up.

And that is similar what is happening here. Instead of lowering the price further, they are bundling more junk to keep the membership price inflated and then pointing back at 'but look at all you get!' as if that warrants the cost. I just don't and cannot see it.
    • Up x 2
  17. AgentRed

One of the things they could have done was with these new PS1 bundle event thing they could have put all of them in the membership early access so members could get them without waiting all the days. But then the nonmembers have to wait. They need to use what is already in the game first before creating new member perks.
  18. Villanuk

But i play this game, i do not desire to pay for 4 games, 3 of which i have no desire to play.

So why not talyor the cost to meet the players expectations of a game. £80 ( if you pay in advance ) is double the cost of any game, plus you you have to purchase camos etc, its very off putting to many players and the fact you have to log in for your certs, your making life painful for the members..

Offer the game at £40 p/a with the same benefits, but just for PS2 and i will join again, but until then, then im just not going to spend any money, its a simple as that.

Your offering benefits that many do not wish to have and for those that want all 4 games, great, they can pay for it, but their is little benefit for me to pay now, so you need to give me an incentive to do so, see the point?

The last time i did, i brought a lot of items for YOU to nerf every dam one of them, lesson learnt.
  19. Mephist0

This is important! And what most of us asked for!

The chore of logging in to each character for the passive cert bonus every ~24 hours is literally the only reason I'm not subscribed to this game!

It is so sad, because this is the only game of its kind and I would love to support it, but I don't have room for any more nagging in my life.

Please scrap the passive cert thing entirely and replace it with a bonus to certs earned. That would go towards retaining a playerbase that actually plays the game, not people who just log in once a day to claim free certs!
  20. Luicanus

Yeah, all it's done is get me in the habit of logging out as soon as I log in barely looking at my characters. And if I go on holiday for a week where I can't log on I lose out.