DB Want new player !!!!!????......

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Grumluck, May 16, 2018.

1. Grumluck

hi i really don't undertstand : they want new player, best tuto for them nia nia nia nia .....
    AND 2 days before a big event :
    - No official news
    - NO big post in the home page
    - NO or a little info on twitter
    WAAAOWWW can believe it : 15 years of the franchise maybe is a good time TO TEST a free2play.
    If you want new players (and it's the same for the old one) maybe it will be good to communicate with them (and not only in a stream that the new player don't know about). Maybe it will be good to communicate 15 days before : 2* exp week .... ==> for olds players to make time (if they are not fed up of DB yet) or NEWS PLAYERS KNOW ABOUT IT.
    looooool is so F.... up i can't understand.
    best regards
    • Up x 2
  2. Pacster3

Is there something incomming that I don't know about? And yes, they are really bad(as in really, really, really bad) with stuff like this. I always wondered for what they have a forum...
    • Up x 2
  3. adamts01

15th Anniversary gazillion XP weekend. Plus a bunch of sale stuff.
    • Up x 1
  4. Grumluck

2* exp 18 to 25 may and some traps for money ....
    Not a lot people go in this forum (and new player i don't think) but not even in the home page of the official game site.
    DB always be and will be a joke.
    To bad for a amazing game concept.
  5. adamts01

That stacks on top of regular double XP weekend. So it'll be another one of those 400%+ weekends for members!!! Time to catch my VS alt up to my TR. Or should I hammer out some fun things for NC? Is NC salvageable?
    • Up x 2
  6. AlcyoneSerene

When I was a new player, I learned to check https://twitter.com/planetside2 for updates, as well as these forums for patch notes.

Other games use the standard launch interface to post announcements, which is pretty unobtrusive, with links to details to the official forum, but be careful about demanding they make it super easy or it can turn into a spam fest of in-game in your face popups as other games have, and the players really do not like it or appreciate it.
    • Up x 1
  7. Twin Suns

Good luck with the new generation of gamers.

All they want is "no risk, all reward" games so they can craft sweaters.

We don't need those Debbie Downers. We need Planetmen.
    • Up x 5
  8. Grumluck

be careful : i think 400 % exp for member is only for friday 25 and 2* for saturday and sunday still for members.
    Even on twitter not a lot infos in general
    ==> no infos or misinfos that is what i talking about
    • Up x 2
  9. customer548

Excuse me, sir... Did you hear about "ProSieben"?
    • Up x 1
  10. Pacster3

"Construction Sale
    In anticipation of the Construction revamp coming later in this month, we’re reducing the cost of Construction items by 40% for the duration of the event!"

I love it. Nobody knows for what construction shall be good at all when Hives are gone and walls easily destructible...but hey...let's make a sale. Feels like "hey, in a month nobody will buy that stuff anymore cause it's useless...let's sell it to the idiots right now.".
    Definitely gonna increase the number of pissed players when the construction update hits(at least if they do not change anything about it last minute)... ;-)
  11. tommyrocket

Is the 40% sale on construction items just a Daybreak Cash sale, or also cost less certs? I hope it's less cert costs too, because getting each thing with 600 or 900 certs a piece is a LOT better than 1000 ~ 1500 a pop. Why else do they think almost nobody wants to do construction- it's because we can't afford everything that is mandatory to be useful. (Skyshield, Spawntube, Shield module, Repair, etc.)

Regardless of the removal of hives, it's still going to be "the one" faction that spams bases everywhere. If your home faction doesn't use those tactically like the enemies will, then you'll be at a disdvantage. It's as simple as that. The only way to solve that problem is to make entry to the content easy. Not cost you an arm and a leg.

Please 40% reduction of cert costs as well... please?! :confused:
  12. Pacster3

DB got nothing to gain by making it cheaper in the cert department(they won't get money for it) and on top of that piss all the players off that already invested there(cause they feel like they wasted 10k certs or something around that). And let's not forget that it would only get cheaper for a week and so it's mostly for people that have a lot of certs stored. So everyone that got no certs or can't play that week would be rather pissed too.
    On top of that you would lure people even more into spending stuff on something that may not be worth it anymore in 2 weeks.
    To risk all that backlash without of getting any money for it wouldn't be a smart move.

In 2 weeks as it currently is you will need to buy the vehicle platform and nothing else(everything else are funny gimmicks just a bit above the level of a ramp). As you can rip everything down easily anything else is likely wasted time and cortium. A fully build up base will not survive more than 5 minutes against a single prowler(the important parts will be ripped down in 2 minutes)...for the same amount of cortium you could pull like 30 vehicles...which will do a much better job. So build a silo, build a vehicle pad and that's it. When it gets destroyed: Just build a new one in like 2 minutes. I think the first weeks of vehicle spam will just be nuts...
  13. Twin Suns

Construction. No thank you. That right there is the reason I decided to play PS2 on the console instead of my PC. I'm not playing a first person miner or a first person building game.

Happy mining.
  14. Jbeasty

It is pretty short notice, but at least a couple days notification.

Going to use every boost possible, have a 92 NC and 88 TR that need to unlock ASP. I'll settle for just my NC getting there, but I want it more on my TR tbh. Using the torq9/sabr13 on my engineer is a dream of mine. However, that character is on Connery, so....:mad: