[Suggestion] Consider making membership/bundles more desireable

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ragnarock, May 12, 2018.

1. Ragnarock

Title. I really want to support this game, I think you guys should sell 20-30-40 buck bundles that offers tons of weapons and vehicle unlocks, or make membership more desirable for a new player. (maybe offer free camos,cosmetics etc to members, the early access shop is very pointless as it still charges you for stuff.)

I've returned to planetside 2 after soo many years, I do want to support this game as I truly enjoy it now, but as it stands, I just don't think any of the options are worth their prices.( especially considering currency rates are 4 times high in my country, and the game isn't really offerring good enough deals.)

And yeah I know I can just sit and grind, but that is painfully slow and boring. Takes 3-4 days to unlock a single gun, It would take me 2-3 months to fully customize just a single class for a single character for a single faction.

So yeah, I'm not saying cut the prices in half or anything. Just, consider offering something more reasonable , I just don't see a point as to why would I ever want to purchase anything from the cash store.

Lastly, I would like to remind anyone reading this that not everyone has 100-200 bucks extra to spend on games every month. If the devs are expecting those people to play this game instead of students like me with average income, then fine. But you don't have to come and insult me for suggesting this.

Rant over, thanks for reading, and have fun.
  2. Sprant Flere-Imsaho

I'd like to see another sale on membership. They did it with the third and fourth anniversaries (IIRC) but not the fifth. It's a lot easier to rationalize.
    • Up x 1
  3. Ragnarock

I would appreciate a sale I guess. But still I would prefer a big bundle that contains lots of stuff over membership.
  4. Liewec123

i like when my sub ends and i don't need to log through each character to get the passive certs that i've paid for.
    5 minutes every day, thats over 30 hours a year, just logging through characters!
    meaning that if i get a 12 month sub, i'm paying £77 to lose over a whole day of my life.
    just jumping through a hoop that doesn't need to exist...

the 48 passive cert cap needs removing, if i log in after a week i should get the 336 certs (7 x 48)

alternatively it could just be a 1,440 cert dump at the start of each month of subscription (30 x 48)

either would be great, the current cap definitely needs to go,
    until then i consider having a PS2 sub to be a chore, a chore that you pay to do...
    • Up x 6
  5. Jbeasty

I was adamant about not subscribing or putting more money into the game. Not because money is a huge issue or anything, not rich either, but it really doesn't deserve it lol.

Ended up re-subbing simply because I was playing so much, it became more worth it, so I caved. The lack of anything else coming out I even remotely wanted to play, is a even bigger factor. Couldn't care less about the next BF/COD, hero shooter, battle royale, etc. Most multiplayer games are just going in a direction that is most certainly not for me. Star Citizen is the only thing that I even hold out hope for these days. Probably be dead by the time that releases though....

Anyways, one thing I think we should be getting with a membership is ISO4. The only reason I have been able to get as much as I have now, is because I have had oodles of time to dedicate playing and watching twitter for alerts. Most start/win alerts happen during PVE hours (~11pm - 9am CST) which im not awake/around for either. Your average person with a lot less time than me is most certainly not getting jack **** for ISO4. Hopefully the alert rework is for the better.
  6. FateJH

Don't. You're not doing yourself any favors; you're not doing the game any favors.
    And how long would it take you to get bored of it?

My advice will be brief: just play the game in a way that is enjoyable for you.
  7. Ragnarock

I'm doing exactly that. But you know what, if the devs think they are fine without my money, more power to them. I just wanted to let them know that I want to give them my money, but I just can't. I can't. Its not consumer friendly enough.

The triple certz itself is probably worth the membership fee, but really I don't have time to utilize that bonus. I rarely have time to sit and play.
  8. Ragnarock

Man I had no idea that you have to manually claim your membership rewards. That kind of sucks. Why isn't it added automaticly? Like, Why ? I see no reason for it.
    • Up x 3
  9. adamts01

What would make the membership actually worth it for the avereage player? Knowing that $ went towards a live moderator. Or at least someone to eventually act on the plethora of reports that some players get.

It's just to get yo logging in every day. The worst part is that you have to log on to each character every day. It's nonsense.
    • Up x 3
  10. Ragnarock

That is absolute ********. IF you're a paying member, then you must be treated like a member, ya all are getting treated like some f2p scrub lol. I am very sad to hear this, and also kind of shocked. I expected all kinds of cheap deals because the game isn't doing so well, but If this is the case, then maybe they're not doing so bad after all.

I mean, games often offer free rewards for daily logins, but as I said, FREE REWARDS. thats there to keep people that don't want to pay interested in the game, so that maybe they decide to pay. But doing the same for paying members is unacceptable in my book.
  11. adamts01

It could definitely use a bump, especially for casual players, but as an addict I'm semi-content with my membership. I love the Nanite and XP boost, and as long as we're stuck with Purgatory I'm glad I can cut in line. Double (often quadruple+) XP weekends are slick.The DBC is too minimal. And it's a ridiculous pain in the *** how they make you log in to every character all the time.

It's really not all that bad, but I do agree the price is steep.
  12. Ragnarock

just the boosts by themselves are worth the membership fee probably,especially for a regular player no doubt about that. (for me its still not worth the full price, as my time and money are both limited)
    But having to log in each day to claim your rewards part sucks. I mean, do it monthly or weekly at least. As I said the game is treating you like a f2p player. That is wrong and If I was a serious part of the community I would raise my voice to change that, make it at least once every week instead.
  13. adamts01

If I weren't semi-retired or could could speak the local language better I wouldn't have this membership. I would think they'd get more business by dropping the membership price, but they've got the numbers. I also think the guns and cosmetics are ridiculously expensive. I finally bought my first camo last month, and I'll probably buy another with next month's DBC. It really is the only P2W aspect of this game, at least with Infils and some clever LAs. But then again, they have the numbers and I saw plenty of ****** out vehicles and soldiers before they started giving the stuff away.
  14. Ragnarock

Guns are cosmetics are expensive indeed. Which does not bother me as much as it should, since this game is a remnant of all those free to play but absolutely pay to win games era. And compared to all those horribly pay to win games, its doing fine. My NC starter weapons are reasonably competitive against all the players with high battle ranks, camos and such. I'm doing just fine, and often times I get called a cheater because I'm a low rank but I still am able to go toe to toe with veterans.
  15. FateJH

If I recall, the reason they "needed" to make membership DBC opt-in had something to do with buy-able DBC winding up on their formal budgetary paperwork, despite the original point being that it shouldn't have become a factor in the first place.
  16. Beerbeerbeer

I agree that manually claiming passive carts by logging in each character is just asinine and doesn’t foster anything if that is their original intention behind this lame mechanic. Its only purpose is to aggravate the very people supporting this game. Stop biting the hand that feeds you and have the certs automatically accumulate.

Also, there needs to be more perks for people who have almost everything. The reason to keep subscribing diminishes as you accumulate everything you need. Give us something else. Give us a passive implant gain or iso. I don’t know, something.

Even cheese ball stuff like very distinct member-only cosmetics or camo or something tangible would be nice.
    • Up x 1
  17. SmittyJensen

Please this! Even if they cap it per week it would still be a significant improvement. But I heavily agree the daily cap needs to go away.. soon.. as in yesterday.

I like that in WoW (my former money/time sink) ones characters accrue double exp when they're not logged in. Up to 3 character levels worth before it caps. Something like that, except with the passive member certs, needs to happen in PS2.

It seems there is a lot of tedium built into the game where the developers should be making it easier for the player (and especially the paying member) to interact and generally play the game.
    • Up x 1
  18. SmittyJensen

That is the thing though.. even for members, the design and mantra of this game values players sinking in massive amounts of time into the game.

If they really want to grow the player base, then they need to go after people in your situation that don't have hours upon hours to sit through alerts or grind it out. It needs to be more casual friendly in terms of level of time dedicated. Even with the 50% exp boost it is still a heavy grind and the monetary value of new gear is vastly too high for what it offers the player. Which leads some people into an odd dilemma.
    • Up x 1
  19. Fishpoke

Giving free players passive certs would be a good idea, give members passive certs a huge bump (like 100-200 per day)
  20. Roxxlyy Community Relations

I can give a little insight to some of the things mentioned in this thread...

We have looked into creating bundles a little bit, but this is something we'd be more likely to tailor towards new players. There's still room to consider some other options with these, but we don't want membership benefits to be just about buying more things, which brings me to my next point: more membership benefits!

Like most of the comments in this thread, yes, we'd like to include more benefits for our members. This is one of our goals for the year, and part of the reason we made the ASP System available for those with memberships as well. We also have plans for some other initiatives/membership perks that we want to roll out later in the year. I can't talk about them yet, but there is one thing I think is incredibly cool that I'm really excited for.

As far as membership sales go, it's a bit harder for us to coordinate these. Since All Access Memberships carry over across 4 of our games, every time we have a sale or promotion on these we have to get approval from all of the involved game teams. This makes it a bit difficult to do these, as there are many unique factors with each title that can put something like this on hold.

Wall of text - hope that helps provide at least a little bit of understanding!
    • Up x 6