[BUG] Orbital Expoit

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Destroyer0370, May 15, 2018.

1. Destroyer0370

This yesterday night/this early morning I, along with others, witnessed inidviduals orbital the biolab on amerish and also bastion.

Apparently, they use the valkarie plane(?) and somehow can call in orbital when it charged up over those non construction zones.

side note... We managed to make the TR lose their alert even though they built like 3 orbial around the bio and exploiting.

But back to the problem. I recalled you guys going to make it fire on the bases anyway, So I do not know if you are going to do anything about this exploit or let them keep doing it Until(?) you implement that feature officially.

Explotiers...Some people on TR
    Server... Emerald
    • Up x 1
  2. JibbaJabba

Aye, I saw that last night.

If I'm not mistaken they are going to remove the no fire zone on the OS for all bases in an upcoming update.

I think that exploit last night showed that it's not game breaking. It basically knocked a dead void around one capture point in the biolab. Infantry from both teams had reflooded the area within a minute.

Had the timing and location been better it could have swayed a battle by breaking a particularly stout defense.
  3. Roxxlyy Community Relations

As far as I know, as of yesterday the team was aware of this and was going to investigate further. Thanks for the report!
    • Up x 2
  4. karlooo

I tried exploiting the OS too, but I didn't find a way lol, I tried a lot of things. Not sure how the others did it, if you saw it happen.

But there is one problem with the Glaive IPC. If you shoot the dart gun at a no construction zone the cannon sometimes suddenly shoots only forward, so I used this sometimes, leveled it on some hill for it to be able to shoot base spawns. It's hard, I found some spots where you can shoot spawns with the cannon.
    When the cannon starts shooting only forward, it doesn't stop until its destroyed, it shoots without a silo and AI module.

Btw I wish this was actually an option for the glaive to shoot in front of itself... If it was possible to man it, aim and shoot when you want to. That would be great.
    I don't like it that you can only aim by using the dart, would be better if you would control it rather than driving one km and then shooting dart, or dying to a harasser in the middle of no where.

By manning it this is how I meant it: You know the coordinates and distance where you want to shoot at, you will set up angle of the cannon and direction, and fire when it's charged, it will shoot one powerful shot after being charged.

In it's current state it shoots some shiny balls that tickle the enemy, it needs some change to make it something ppl would want to build...right now its being used as a wall, instead of a weapon, cause its hp is high it can tank some damage.
    • Up x 2
  5. JibbaJabba

Aye. Offtopic but the Glaive needs buffed back to a triple shot. Both it and the OS also need minimum firing range removed.
    • Up x 1
  6. JibbaJabba

Uh oh.

We had someone repeatedly orbital striking the spawn room of a large facility last night. That wasn't cool.

I caught a video of it, did a spawn into that spawn room so I would get hit and record who the killer was. Will report later tonight...
  7. Killer Medic

I saw the same thing happen 2x last night-except the perps were on their NC alts this time. Was done to the TR and both Tarwich depot and Crossroads I believe. Same group spent time on the VS alts griefing/trolling the NC/TR battles. We know who you are, guys, and we know what guild/outfit you are too. It's going to catch up to you sooner rather than later...if Daybreak doesn't stop you, than you can guarantee someone with better hacking skills is going to stop you.

I don't, and I'm sure 95% of the players left feel the same way, don't want to win in the fashion that you're doing things.
  8. Sgt Mcguilicuddy

That was me. I do not believe it is an exploit as the design of the no deploy zones is spherical and not cylindrical. that is, a cylinder goes straight up and the sphere has a radius above which the prohibitions do not apply. I was testing the concept and attempted several methods to see which works. I announced my intentions in an earlier thread today for a demonstration later today. Since the issue will be moot soon, if in fact it is an issue, I decided to continue. And now I hear from a Connery player that is has been known for over a month on that server. One of the respondents remarked that this is not a world ending change as recovery from the OS on a base attack will merely slow down the actions of the defenders in one part of the base. As this will be implemented soon anyway, albeit using a different method of deploying the dart, this is a good demonstration of what is to come.
  9. Sgt Mcguilicuddy

If it was an NC, then it wasn't me. I am TR.
  10. Sgt Mcguilicuddy

Wan't a hack. It is how the No zone works that enabled the OS to deploy in the zone. It is coming soon anyway, so expect this change to be integrated into combat.
  11. Sgt Mcguilicuddy

T
    This is coming to the game in the new changes that are testing on the test server. Get used to it.
  12. Sgt Mcguilicuddy

Then you need to examine what the Flail does on the test server. Those tiny balls don't tickle.
  13. Sgt Mcguilicuddy

Not an exploit. Its a feature if you know how to do it. Its coming soon anyway. So are Pain spires, the Flail and routers.
  14. Sazukata

Watch out guys, the authority on orbital strikes is gonna set each and every one of you straight.
    • Up x 1
  15. karlooo

Ok... that was you and now everyone on the server is doing it. People are building OS all over the map.
    This exploit is so stupid anyways. I don't get why would it attract everyone attention. Now I can't build anywhere, no minerals, makes the game completely unfun for others, they have to deal with squads now spamming structures all over the place to hold their OS base.
    I'm not sure if this exploit was purposefully shown by the devs to test out OS having no deploy zones...But you don't even have to test it, it's a stupid idea without even seeing it. I wasn't a fan of the idea and especially not now after seeing what it does.

If the devs are doing this on purpose to test something out, just don't do it and play your own game lol. Play the construction part for some time and then make a smart change lol.
  16. JibbaJabba

So on PTS right now there are no no-fire zones for the OS at all? You can just fire a targeting dart right on a spawn room??
  17. Luicanus

I have no real problem with this. It takes a lot of time to build and power up an OS and the Dart's range is puny so you then have to travel from the OS to the place you want to shoot and get close enough to Dart it. In most instances, this will be able to be done once in a blue moon because the OS will need to recharge between shots.
  18. VhynSeven

No, this is just someone abusing a loophole in the game's mechanics, then trying to cover it up with some "new feature" BS. If this really was a "new feature" coming up, there is no way he could already use it.
    • Up x 1
  19. FLHuk

I'm really confused. This is posted as an exploit on Reddit, here it's described as known.

My posts highlighting it's use is described in a thread have been removed. The thread is still up..... :/

So which is it, feature, exploit or undecided?
  20. VhynSeven

From what I understood :
    The OS uses a dart tool to fire. It fires a beam that hits everything in a vertical fashion, regardless of how high/low it is to the dart. But the dart can't be fired in NDZ.
    Now onto the exploit :
    the NDZ around facilities isn't a cylinder, but a sphere. People use a Valkyrie to fly over the NDZ, so while they appear to be in the NDZ at ground level, they actually are not registered as being into it due to the spherical propreties. Then they can use the OS dart and shoot at anything below them.
    Definitively an exploit.
    • Up x 1