[Suggestion] Buff MAX punch

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Halkesh, May 14, 2018.

1. Halkesh

The MAX punch is one of the most weak melee weapon in game due to it's effective RoF of one every ~2 sec.

I suggest to buff all MAX primary weapons's equip time to 0.25 sec (from 1-1.5 sec) so it will greatly improve MAX punch RoF since quick-knife RoF also depend of weapons equip time.
  2. AEROCHAOSS

Make everything happen what makes the melee viable for maxes.
  3. raffa2

I agree, it would make auraxing the MAX less overkill
  4. T.A.94

Ther might be an implant in work that is called 'powerstrike' and is MAX specific.

Either it increases its RoF or dmg per hit.
  5. Halkesh

Depend, what do you call "viable"?
    Make it able to reliably punch to death enemy or to create a no-go zone within 2m of the MAX ?

For the latter I would prefer to see a melee primary that trade one ranged weapon for a buffed MAX punch, slightly better resistance / hp and the ability to EMP c4 once a while.
    • Up x 1
  6. Jbeasty

Seldom use maxes anymore and when I do its purely for AV/AA. Completely forgot those things could even melee.

So yea, that 450 nanite robot suit needs all the help it can get imo. Would be better if the punch would just ragdoll what it hits and knock them out for ~3sec lol.
  7. raffa2

That's truly a waste, if you play with a group bringing a max can get you so many kills, even 30-60 in a single base with enough population and luck.
  8. Jbeasty

I do that pretty easily as ordinary infantry, if im just farming kills. Not really a waste to get an annoying ESF/lightning out of the way imo. Don't do it often like I said, but infantry MAX im just not interested in at all.
  9. AEROCHAOSS

Isn't C4 a 5m dead zone for maxes? So yea as long as nearly every class can throw that cute brick of doom, make it come to me and die stuff, maybe with a the same delay and more dmg or quick and two hit, that you would die if not aware and start defend yourself too late. But as I have 0,01% playtime with them its only the view onto a cert pinata.
  10. Halkesh

I don't understand this part of your message : "it" refer to the MAX or the c4 ?
    Keeping the long equip time but allow MAX punch to OHK infantry could be a nice solution too. But yeah, as long as MAX are that vulnerable to C4, whatever the buff you make on MAX punch, it will still be a bad option.
  11. AEROCHAOSS

It refers to the max, as it is already like this with c4
  12. Fishpoke

It looks more like "MAX Push" than "Punch". The animation is so slow, and the time to reattack is even worse. If you get meleed by a MAX... for shame.
  13. Demigan

Not sure if going from 1 to 1,5 sec equip time to 0,25 is a wise decision, but it should definitely be faster than currently.
  14. adamts01

It could be a buff to NC, as it's the only faction that can out weapons away. If it brings Max melee up to speed with infantry then I'm happy.

I also love the idea of mele weapons for Maxes.
  15. AEROCHAOSS

Well an dedicated meele max, which moves slower than the common infantry dude, image there is an engie, fleeing with tank mines.
    Else you need faster maxes, but then you Nerf NC and buff Zoe, which is maybe not that bad.
  16. Demigan

TR MAX: The BFCS (Big Freaking Chain Saw). To allow it to reach high RPM's without framerate problems it would lock-on similar to a repairgun to anyone in the volume of its attack and deal quick damage based on the time he's in the volume.
    Would be nice if it also had a slash attack with the chainsaw.

NC MAX has two options I can think off:
    A modified Welder to use electric ablation to cut through enemies. Could function similar to the chainsaw.

A modified hammer originally used for mining. each hit applies a moderate concussion effect on players hit by it.

VS MAX:
    Plasma Lance, Plasma Whip, a freaking lightsaber, I dont know.
    • Up x 1
  17. Metalsheep

I think the MAX Punch should 1 hit kill on infantry. If you let a big, slow, loud, lumbering suit of powered armor get in punching distance you kind of deserve to get splattered.
    • Up x 1
  18. Halkesh

I'm only 95% sure equip time reduce effective quick-knife ROF, but anyway the goal is to make MAX punch ROF similar to infantry quick-knife.

I agree with the idea and the reason behind it. And you forget to say than MAX forward speed is the same as infantry backward speed.

I'm not a big fan of ES beside attachments and skin so I'll suggest the same main stats for the 3 factions.

-Defensive primary melee (towershield shaped weapon) : Increase shield to 500 (on top of the 2000 hp), buff MAX punch damage to 1250, when the Defensive primary melee is used, it generate an EMP shield that instantly detonate any explosive within 5m and grant 33% frontal armor for 5 sec; overheat for 25-35 sec everytime you use the shield. The idea is to make a weapon built for MAX crash.

-Offensive primary melee (spear shaped weapon) : Improve sprint acceleration to 2 sec (from 4 sec), buff MAX punch damage to 1315, change its damage type to RL, and increase its range to 2,5m (note that it already go through walls, like all quick-knife).
    ES attachments :
    -NC, use the perforation mechanic but ROF is halved.
    -VS, range is slightly higher but the radius ("bullet" size) is reduced.
    -TR, radius is increased and ROF increased but damage are reduced to 850.
  19. JibbaJabba

If ducking, a max punch should instantly kill the target.

Dick punches tend to do that.
    • Up x 1
  20. adamts01

You watch too much YouTube. What's that guy's name? Tiger Ken or something?