Am I the only one tired of instagibbing scat maxes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SpeedFreakPS0NE, Apr 24, 2018.

1. adamts01

Dude, I main TR, I'm just not oblivious to how other factions actually work. And please tell me which shotgun can one-shot at 20m, I'm waiting.
    • Up x 2
  2. Nobalification

NC one with slug :)
  3. adamts01

Do yourself a favor and go to VR and test it. Slugs have to hit a head to one-shot up close, and nothing will one-shot at range.
    • Up x 2
  4. Demigan

NC slug damage: 500 per slug. 2 slugs fired
    Any level of nanoweave (standard for most units)=no OHK, same for auxilliary shield.
    After 8m distance, damage degradation kicks in. At 20m range each shot deals 438 damage. Even a vanilla infiltrator without auxillary can survive.

NC hateboi. Your bias is strong.
    • Up x 5
  5. Nobalification

maybe my bias is strong. It has something to do with NC logic which started at 2013 and never ever changed. They cried so much for nerfing other factions that i somehow during reading comments fixed that NC just want easy game mechanics for themselves with low risk high reward. Well and now i read that somehow TR max is Long range snooper. When i say that NC can snipe infantry with slugs, you all go around me like dogs and pick-niting things. You never changed NC, and your bias is stronger then mine.
  6. Nobalification

and do yourself a favor and go to VR aswell and try that TR long range thing. You really are biased towards TR :)
  7. Demigan

All factions have always complained about the other two factions in equal measure. The NC had never been the one to do it most.

The weapons of the NC are overall high risk medium reward, with high punishment for misses and little to no compensation for that disadvantage. So no, the NC is not a faction that cries for low risk high reward.

So far no one said the TR MAX was long range. Everyone continuously mentions that all MAX's are medium range at best compared to the rest of the infantry. But compared to the NC MAX the TR and VS MAX are definitely long-ranged. At 20m the TR&VS are still very effective, while the NC MAX is already tickling... Unless it takes slugs. But taking slugs means your CQC firepower is much closer as that of the VS and TR, but you are still dependend on RNG to score your hits at range so your practical firepower is lower than that of the TR and VS, which is a pretty bad sacrifice.

The best solution is to simply add an NS/ES shotgun variant to the TR and VS, this will give these players a chance to try them out when they feel they are outperformed by NC MAX's, and will teach them the limits of the shotgun MAX. The total usage numbers would also be indicative of how useful a shotgun MAX is compared to the machinegun MAX's with much more versatility at range.
    Ofcourse, the NC MAX would get his own NS/ES machinegun weapon to compensate for the TR&VS getting a shotgun.
    • Up x 3
  8. adamts01

Someone else saying TR is a long range sniper is just as bad as you're 100% false claim that NC slugs one-shot guys at range in Bio Labs. Outrageous claims like those deserve to be called out.

I love my Mercy Max, and I never once said anything about it being good at long range. I just prefer the NC Max, and think Lockdown is an Archer/C4 magnet.
    • Up x 2
  9. Nobalification

And i agree on this.
    • Up x 1
  10. JibbaJabba

No, you see someone who doesn't understand the game calling for a nerf.

Experienced players have watched this crap unfold in the past and know it's what ruins the game. Therefore people are stepping forward and calling shenanigans on this ridiculousness. The fact that the OP won't back down in spite of solid arguments is what is leading to the trolling. He's tiresome.
    • Up x 5
  11. Nobalification

well he mentioned nerf/buff but whatever. I support idea of buffing things rather nerfing them. I would like to see slight dmg boost for VS and TR AI weapons or ROF for TR and better COF for VS.
  12. Demigan

And what would the NC get? Buffing just the TR and VS would unbalance it, especially since a ROF increase for TR would make it more viable in CQC and prqctically remove the shotgun advantage as far as it existed. VS better COF would give it enoigh range to make the VS MAX viable for many more bases than the other two. So what would the NC MAX get for buff?
  13. adamts01

I really wouldn't trade the NC Max for anything else. It's not OP, just great at doing what a Max should do. If TR and VS got a tiny bump at range then I think things might be just right. Maybe give NC slugs a slight AP ability like the God Saw and give them a little more accuracy, but that's just because slugs suck, not because the NC Max has a problem.
  14. Nobalification

Thats the thing, you are viable at cqc. You are best at cqc. TR and VS can´t compare to you in CQC which is good. But TR and VS are horrible at ranges. You need to shoot those things and you will see that TR and VS MAX suit isn´t good at range. Increasing ROF of TR is increasing viability for medium ranges where you need spread so much ammo, that 600 rpm isnt doing well. Decreasing COF of VS will make them viable at long range. They will be little bit precise. You can´t have one MAX dominating one side and others dominating nothing.
  15. Demigan

Thats just it, the TR and VS CAN compare to the NC MAX in CQC. In fact if you upgraded that ROF the TR MAX could surpass the NC MAX in CQC. The fact that both the TR&VS have better sustainability than the NC MAX and better range to boot...

TR & VS do have range. Not as much as an ADS infantry, but more than enough. I do have used them, and I know they do have range. None of the MAX suits are as suitable for the average range in bases which is usually stated which is why MAX's arent used everywhere but only in select bases. Still, the MAX's of the TR&VS see far more bases than the NC due to their range capabilities.

Are you really ignoring the fact that a higher ROF would improvr its CQC capability? Or that a 1200 RPM downrange is already impressive?

Dominating range for MAX's is obviously the best ability. We know that MAX's are primarily used in specific CQC bases, improving their range would make them much more viable for any base and make their use far outstrip that of the other two MAX's. Besides ofcourse that the NC MAX would be outstripped at almost every single range by the TR and would barely hold an edge (if it holds one at all) in extreme CQC situations.
    • Up x 2
  16. Nobalification

1. NC MAX can now equip medium range weapon Gorgon, which isnt best but can kill. TTK is similar. So you want range weapon, you got Gorgons, you should got MGs but whatever dev reason. But we can´t get now anything for cqc? You are still talking to range, but still, weapons sucks at that ´´range´´. Only viable place for MAXes are CQC or hill to shoot down vehicles (Where your ravens are better aswell).

2. They do have range, but question is, can they rounds hit something while you are shooting infantry? They are ineffective. So by that logic, NC MAX have range too, but it doesnt matter that his rounds don´t pass 2km.

3. I am not ignoring that fact, your MAX is depleting their whole ammo pool in two seconds, reload behind the shield and do it again. What TR and VS chance are? If NC MAX is dumb and didnt used shield to cover up dmg potential of enemy. But get it this way. If we improve TR ROF (Which isnt 1200 rpm, its just 492 for Onslaughts which are builded for fire rate) it will increase MAX viability in CQC but still NC MAXes will be better at that Range. Do you think TR MAX dmg of those weps are above 150? Its not like yours 135 per pellet.

4. BIO labs, banana building, Tech Plant, Point holdings, AMP Station. Like litterally every battle is in buildings or near buildings which are CQB. One battle where you are not grabbing shotguns are point holders in plains. You will pick up ravens and start killing boiz.
  17. Nobalification

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/ns-20-gorgon-weapon-tests.240233/ thank me later.
  18. Liewec123

just gonna jump in here, gorgon is useless at everything.
    its bad AI taking 8 shots to kill with a dreadful blend of massive CoF and horrible RoF,
    and its utterly useless at AA and AV.
    the fact that the text reads "effective at eliminating heavy targets" is hilarious.
    imho they're one of the worst weapons in the game.

if nc want mid range effectiveness then my favourite is 2 UNSLUGGED mattocks,
    the cone is tight enough that some pelets will always land and the damage drop off isn't too harsh,
    its like dual weilding jackhammers :)
    slugs are just to random at range, you can aim right at the enemy and miss with both arms entirely.

NC max isn't OP or UP compared to the others,
    they can all be good for mid range and they can all be good for CQC.
    the only thing that i will definately say is better than TR and VS is ravens,
    but that is NCs only real long range AV whereas VS get Lancers and TR get prowlers, so it works out ok imho.
  19. frozen north

This is very very true. In fact, in some instances, nano-weave ( and especially when its mixed with aux shield), can cause a TR guns hit requirement to jump by 2-3 rounds, depending on the range.

Also, 1v1 on Connery... I will fully admit that unless you are in a tank on some regions of amerish and hossin, you will never reliably see a 1v1 on Connery.
  20. frozen north

Small question. Where does that slug damage figure come from? I only ask cause I actually don't know where to find it.

I had always assumed that slug rounds just made the shotgun do its full damage potential in one hit or miss blast, but I am not sure of this. I bring this up cause even the lowest damage NC MAX anti infantry weapon ( the mattock), still has a potential 672 per shot base line.