I encourage everyone to report ADADAD abuse

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Trebb, Apr 28, 2018.

1. DIGGSAN0

In the end they do get themselves an unfair advantage over other players... Which is not allowed by the terms of product.
  2. OldMaster80

My opinion is simple: ADADA is 1993 Castle Wolfenstein ********. Just because it was fine then it does not mean every ******* shooter has to be like that.
  3. Halkesh

I'll remember to use that kind of argument for the "nerf headshot thread". :p

What exactly do you consider ADAD spam ? Does not standing still when enemy shot you is ADAD spam?
  4. Skraggz

Real men stand still and let others shoot at them.
    • Up x 1
  5. C0smos

Bumbass spamming the report system for nothing is why it's obsolete now...

Instead of acting like a child, improve yourself, improve your aim, and go for the head no matter what track it.

You will become better and you'll stop making whinning threads.
  6. Rydenan

That's fair.
    On Emerald, I see none of these issues.
  7. HippoCryties

Hehehhee
  8. Hario

Fatigue/stamina on adad will be a field day for snipers

Make it a massive cof increase
  9. Rydenan

Not quite. They appear to kill you fast because it takes some time for the "you're being shot!" info to get from their PC to yours, reducing the time it appears they shot you for. However, it's the same on their end. For the first few fractions of a second while you shoot them, they have no idea it's happening yet.

This is a common misconception. Spamming ADAD really fast (or macroing it really fast) actually makes you easier to hit than moderate-speed, deliberate strafing. Go ahead, try it yourself. Mash ADAD as fast as you physically can, and see how easily opponents still hit you. The reason is because your character ends up hardly moving at all.
    The most effective "ADAD"ers move erratically and vary the time inbetween their direction changes, all in an effort not to lag, but to throw off their opponents' aim. A lot of these opponents will then cry, "lag!", but if they were to record the engagement and watch it back, chances are they actually just missed, because their target was smart about his movements.
    • Up x 1
  10. Crowne

A possible explanation. Kind of another variation of "there's nothing wrong here, they're just good."

Naturally I've seen people moving around making it more difficult to shoot them. Not like it's entirely unrecognizable.

I think the assumption that everyone being wrong about something being amiss is a faulty one. Not a whole lotta skin off my back, but smoke actually does sometimes indicate a fire. You can't automatically assume other people's glasses must be foggy.
  11. Naskoni

People complain about ADAD spam but not crouch spam...? ADAD spam is NOTHING compared to the BS that is crouch spam. I've seen people using apparent macros to spam crouching with absolutely idiotic speed, as in seemingly 4-5 times a second, making landing headshots pure RNG to the point that a literal aimbot would be required to do so. And unlike ADAD spam crouch spam bears absolutely NO aiming bloom penalties - on the contrary - crouch spam actually gives an accuracy BONUS to the one spamming it! Instantaneously!

I'd rather get rid of crouching spam than ADAD spam any day of the week. Or month. Or year...
    • Up x 1
  12. Smoo

ADADAD and crouch spam should just increase COF.

Just like jumping repeatedly kills your movement speed, rapid direction changes and crouching should wreck your COF, briefly. So if someone is jerking around, they wouldn't be able to hit YOU either. If they duck to avoid shots, they would have to wait for a chunk of a second for their own COF to stabilize.

But if someone is crouching or moving tactically, they would notice no change at all.
    • Up x 4
  13. Rydenan

Everyone? Do you have numbers? Surveys?
    Do you have evidence that spamming ADAD causes the problems you speak of? Videos?

My assumption that nothing is amiss is perfectly reasonable in the absence of any actual evidence that something is amiss. If you want to make a claim, the burden of proof is on you.
  14. Fishpoke

ADADADA is underpowered in PS2 compared to PS1

You could tap dance almost in PS1. Be thankful strafe speed was toned down :D
  15. LodeTria

You should also report anyone who has a higher K/D than you because they are obviously hacking, no-one is better than you.
    Anyone with a lower one should be sent "ggEZ" in tells.
  16. Gustavo M

You guys know that ADAD and crouch spam "belongs" to the game, right? It's like someone discovers a way to parry bullets (?) by spamming the ADS button and posts like this comes up asking to remove it because it's "not intended". Heh.
    tl;dr: If it is in the game, it is intended and it's not a exploit. Just do whatever they are doing.
  17. Fishpoke

or stab them, ya know
    • Up x 2
  18. MonnyMoony

So why do people get banned for stat padding?

It's in the game - so intended...........right?
    • Up x 1
  19. Gustavo M

There's a difference between abusing the xp system and taking strafing to the next level. If you can't strafe like they do -- then it's a problem between your chair and monitor... not the game.
    In other words: discovering quirks (out of a game feature) does not "transform" it into a exploit.
  20. Crowne

By everyone, I mean everyone you're just dismissing.
    You may have cause to dismiss one or two, but the way some people go about it is more akin to sticking their head in the sand and repeating "lalalalala there is no problem lalalalala"

Not ultimately a big problem but y'all sure do look silly with your butts up in the air like that. Just sayin'.