BR reset to 1 (No ASP used)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BeanOfFury, Apr 29, 2018.

1. BeanOfFury

Just noticed today that my NC character on Connery is BR 1 (was 32, I think) now. Closest thing I could find about it was an old thread that stated that stat padding is a culprit.

Not sure why this hit a character I have literally not used in years, but if someone could shed some light on this, it would be appreciated.
  2. tommyrocket

I've read about another situation like this somewhat recently, and I have a theory as to why it may happen.

The constants:
    1.) Many years-old character, not logged into for that period
    2.) rank reset to 1, yet keeping all earnings and unlocks

I know you didn't mention whether or not your character kept its certs & or unlocks, but did it?

Now for my theory:
    At some point, internal changes were made in the game, likely server-side. Old characters that haven't been logged into, wouldn't be synced with the changes that were made at that time. More changes may have been made further down the line than the one just proposed. This second change likely requires that the character had synced during the first change. If not, the second change did a reset on the character or characters' ranks, as to try attempt to finally synchronize the character after all its years being unused. So to speak, since it hadn't synchronized with the server & client data until just recently, the server had no apparent history stored for your character, and decided automatically that the best course of action, (A fail-safe, no less) was to reset its rank.

Of course, theory aside, it's in all possibility that it is just a new server-sided bug. Or... something else entirely. I can't really say for certain at the moment. Just plausible ideas, or possibilities.
    • Up x 1
  3. GekkoGames

4. BeanOfFury

Yeah, when I checked the character, it did still have the stuff I had unlocked.
  5. BeanOfFury

6. BeanOfFury

Also to note, I can't say for sure when it happened since I never really looked at the character in my login screen, but I think it happened within the last couple weeks.
  7. Pacster3

A BR32 toon? I'd be happy. It's not like it needs long to get there again and if you get all the level up certs again, you are actually the lucky one. ;-)
    Different story if you had a BR 60+ or something like that.
  8. BeanOfFury

Yeah, it's not life ending, but the fact that it even happened isn't good.
  9. GekkoGames

you could vote it up or write a comment there, in case they solve this manually they dont forget your char ;)

yeah i lost BR80... without A.S.P., i wouldnt care much but now i want my LMG on my Engineer...
  10. Liewec123

all i can say is congrats on the free 1500 certs you'll get for reaching BR15 again!
  11. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Hey, we're pushing out a fix for this tomorrow morning and are aware of the issue. In the meantime, feel free to put in a ticket with CS at help.daybreakgames.com - once this gets fixed you should recover your progress and we should have a little XP boost or something similar for you.
    • Up x 2
  12. BeanOfFury

I went ahead and put in the ticket as you suggested for documentation. Thanks!
  13. GekkoGames

Well you only fixed the BR of my twinks(wich i havent touched since i started playing again)... i realy missed those 18 battleranks there... not.
    My main charakter is still the same BR i reached in the meantime (BR65), i hoped you would add the lost Battleranks there, wich should result in something like BR93(according to this http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_Rank)...
  14. BeanOfFury

Character rank is back to what it was. Thanks!
    • Up x 2