Alerts. Enough is enough

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by adamts01, Apr 23, 2018.

1. adamts01

Anything would be better than Meltdown, literally anything. Hiveside, random winners, 4 continents open at all times with no locking.... Anything but these chronic lopsided fights and constant double-teaming.
    • Up x 4
  2. HippoCryties

Cyrious discussed this in his most recent video... apparently they watch his videos so maybe they’ll listen finally
  3. adamts01

Everyone's discussed this to death. I don't care which direction they go, as long as they do something.
    • Up x 2
  4. Diilicious

i dont know... yea its ****, on saturday VS and TR attacked NC on indar to the point where the map was split perfectly in half with NC having just the north warpgate and like 1 other base. look to one side of the warpgate, dozens of magriders, look to the other side millions of prowlers.

It was sort of nice in a way as it meant you didnt have to go very far for a fight, you drive out of the warp gate bubble and they're all right there lol. Indar is a bad example because its so abbysmal, but most of the bases on the north of indar nobody ever sees, just a perpetual seabed listening post/crown/ti alloys/quartz ridge/indar comm/Indar excavation site/regent rock/howling pass, crap fest

the further away from the center of the divide between the factions starting territory you go is exponentially less fought at.. so, i was actually glad for that.
  5. Roxxlyy Community Relations

We've already mentioned that we will be making some changes to Meltdown alerts in the coming months!
    • Up x 3
  6. The Shady Engineer

Is there a chance for the 2 hour winner takes it all alerts to make a comeback?
  7. VhynSeven

Also what would be great :
    Remove that f**king 1hit-tick everytime a strike explodes ! It is impossible to redeploy as the countdown is permanently cancelled due to that little hit. As a result, I have to look for a way to sucide myself when I'm not directly under enemy fire, and it can be reaaally annoying.
    • Up x 2
  8. JibbaJabba

And meanwhile that queue to the next continent is filling fast.....
  9. adamts01

I did hear that was in the plans, and I get DBG is doing a lot for the staff/budget they have, but instead of waiting 1/2 a year with this broken system it would be nice to at least go back to what we had. Hiveside was awful, but at least you could ignore construction and have some good fights till the quick lock. Anyway, thank you for the time you've been spending on the forum. I'm just being a squeaky wheel, and still supporting you guys with subscriptions and what not.
    • Up x 2
  10. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Totally understand where you're coming from, but we're planning on continuing to move forward instead of going back and starting from where we used to be. Hitting that revert button when it comes to game design can be pretty dangerous for more than one reason, but we promise to keep making progress until we get it right.

(Also, thanks!)
    • Up x 1
  11. Jbeasty

Very glad to hear that it is being looked into, thanks for the response Roxxlyy.

Before ~2 days ago, I am pretty sure my primary faction on Emerald hadn't started/won an alert in over 2 weeks during normal hours. Really needs a change.
  12. JibbaJabba

Any idea how bad of a balance issue we introduced? Pretty sure VS players are now stacked up on implants far more than NC players. Kinda made a balance breaking self-feedback loop with this reward system. :(
    • Up x 1
  13. frozen north

I do get why the continent locking system was introduced, and at least for the time being, I do feel like it is kinda a necessary evil to have it in place. Don't get me wrong, a part of me definitely still hates it, but at least I understand why it had to get added.

I do definitely think though, that there should be a greater variety of alerts. Especially alerts that occur quickly, or can be run simultaneously. An example being " Try and cap these six places in the next 15 minutes." or something to that effect. Basically, keep the alerts frequent, and unpredictable.
    • Up x 3