Any solution to low FPS?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hondarama, Mar 30, 2018.

1. baka

That... is disappointing. I had been hoping a 1060 would give me a boost over my 960, someday when prices stabilize.
  2. Hondarama

It is, but my GPU is only at about 30-35% GPU usage, so for some reason it's not properly utilizing my GPU, no clue why.
  3. sogorlaB

I7 4790k, gtx 1070, 4x4gb, and fps can go down to 30 fps on lowest settings :) over this years they degrade performance and quality of graphics and its even worst.
  4. adamts01

i7 3.4, 1050 4gb and I sometimes hit 60fps in HUGE fights on mostly ultra settings, higher than in-game options allow, and I'm normally above 100fps. Read my previous post. Potato settings might be holding your back.
  5. typnct

Another solution to low fps!!!
    Its awesome and works well(caution you need a good cooling system)
    Download Gputweak II
    Go to advanced and target fps to 60
    Thats it
    I tested it out on 96+ 96+
    So far its done its job quite well
    Though i felt some tearing but its minimal compared to the advantage
  6. Iridar51

You're not making a silly mistake of actually believing the in-game FPS counter, are you? If your GPU is usage is below 100%, you are NOT GPU-bound.
  7. baka

so anyhow, I went into my PS2 folder and resurrected one of my old useroption files (I save them, sue me) which I had called UserOption_UltraMix.ini (original I know, add that to the lawsuit).

[Rendering]
    GraphicsQuality=3
    TextureQuality=0
    ShadowQuality=1
    RenderDistance=1000.000000
    RenderDistanceScalar=0.600000
    Gamma=0.000000
    MaximumFPS=144
    UseLod0a=0
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=2
    FogShadowsEnable=0
    EffectsQuality=3
    TerrainQuality=3
    FloraQuality=4
    ModelQuality=3
    ParticleLOD=2
    ParticleDistanceScale=0.650000
    MotionBlur=0
    VerticalFOV=74
    UseAspectFOV=1
    Smoothing=0
    VSync=0
    AO=0
    BloomEnabled=1

Logged in and played over an hour, looked fantastic and played very well (Anywhere between 60 to 130fps). I might reinstalled GeForce Experience and record some to show (alway remembering I am not a great player!).
    This game has some of the most random performance I have ever seen.