[Suggestion] Crowdfunding is a great idea.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by dragonbreath, Apr 23, 2018.

1. dragonbreath

Just got done with Cyrious Gaming's "Suit the %*#$ up." video and would like to recommend the crowdfunding idea.
    A simple donation setup with levels of development. If we get this much money at this level, then this will be implemented. If we get donations to the second level, you get this implemented. This would allow the development team a chance to be open and transparent with the players, as well as a way for Daybreak to see that people are willing to spend money on this game.
    The donations could even be station cash. A station cash marathon. As long as the players can feel safe putting their money towards something substantive and not just a last effort money grab, I think this could really help out.
    I think we need to start thinking big, not just complaining about small things.
    A point of reference - Star Citizen's development team. Directly taking advice and ideas from the players.
  2. FateJH

I think the debacle with the Roadmap clearly demonstrated that feature development in this game is a waterfall. We only get to say "a little more to the left" or "a little more to the right", and even that is dodgy.
    • Up x 1
  3. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Feel free to discuss this, but before people get too carried away I did want to step in and state that crowdfunding this game is not something that is going to happen.
  4. dragonbreath

If crowdfunding is not going to happen, are there any substitutions or other ways to know what is going to happen to the game? A more solid roadmap?
  5. Gustavo M

You know what is a good way to "fund" the game? Buy stuff from the cash shop.
    Shocking, I know.
    • Up x 2
  6. CplRDaWiggy

Think this in response to Cyrious' latest video, and it suggested the idea by way of purchasing DBC.

Basic idea was for the devs to have a list of things, be it gameplay or game performance related, with targets being met via players getting DBC.

Not a bad idea, but I get why DBG may not countenance the proposition. Still, food for thought.
    • Up x 1
  7. frozen north

I don't think this game needs crowd funding, so much as it needs cheaper cosmetics. The shear cost of some of the cosmetic options feels rather prohibitive at times, especially when you consider that many are best used in combination with others.

I mean, for perspective, just to create one good looking set for a harasser is a full 20 dollars worth of station cash. That's 20 dollars even with me skipping out on a number of more minor cosmetic options ( chief among those being skipped is the hood ornament, decals, and camo). And while 20 dollars may not seem like much, that's for only one vehicle, and not everyone has a ready supply of spendable cash.
    • Up x 1
  8. CplRDaWiggy

Its very hard to disagree with those sentiments. Sure, the game is free, but the cost of what is on offer is kinda on the extreme end of value for money.
  9. frozen north

Exactly!