CAN WE NOT HAVE PEOPLE RUNNING AROUND WITH 2xC4 PLEASE?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Private Drake, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Private Drake

SERIOUSLY, RUINING THE GAME WITH 1 INFANTRY PIECE OF $#@& ABLE TO JUST 1 SHOT ANYTHING IN THE GAME PLEASE REMOVE THIS GARBAGE FOR REAL. WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE 2 BRICKS OF C4 ITS ALREADY OP WITH EACH PERSON CAPABLE OF HAVING 1 THINK ABOUT IT. WHAT THE HELL KIND OF BALANCE IS DUDES WITH 2 BRICKS OF C4 THAT IS SO NOT FUN FOR SKILLED PEOPLE GETTING TROLLED/TEAM KILLING WHICH HAPPENS TOO MUCH IN THIS GAME. IF WE KEEP 2 BRICKS MIGHT AS WELL REMOVE LAND VEHICLES FROM THE GAME AND MAX SUITS SINCE THOSE ONLY LAST 5 SECONDS NOW SINCE ANY $#%&ING HICK CAN CARRY TWO BRICKS OF C4 GARBAGE OVERPOWERED CRAP THAT THROWS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY TO GOD DAMN FAR.
    • Up x 1
  2. DrPapaPenguin

I know right. We need 3 per person. I can't clear out a chokepoint with only 2.
    • Up x 2
  3. adamts01

It had to be exploited before it could be nerfed. But it's coming soon. The slight delay isn't enough, but it'll help with the laggy Ambusher suicide rushes.
  4. Liewec123

they should give LA a c4 launcher, and just replace the "spawn max" button with a button that i can click to delete 450 nanites.
    it'd save me the 30 seconds of pulling a max, getting c4'd by fairies and my corpse getting ignored by moron medics.
    • Up x 4
  5. Demigan

Ways to avoid having to make "I got killed by C4 and didn't like it" threads:

1. Move once in a while
    2. Look around once in a while for Situational Awareness (SA)
    3. Check likely places LA's could spawn and try to approach you
    4. Use proxy radar
    5. Use Spitfires
    6. Use friendly infantry SA to spot for you
    7. Don't tunnelvision that much
    8. Don't park behind cover that enemy infantry can reach and scale in relative safety
    • Up x 6
  6. Liewec123

none of those steps will stop 4/5 classes from hurling c4 through a doorway to oneshot everyone on the other side.
    shall no.9 be never ever go near doorways? :D
    • Up x 3
  7. OldMaster80

Ok situational awareness is crucial but C4 is obviously out of control. You attack a tower and they throw C4 from the balcony, pass through a door: die to C4, every base with jumper is a paradise for C4 fairies, you duel a tank 1 vs 1 and it often ends with a pilot bailing out to throw C4... Not to mention the combo with Ambusher jetpack. This is getting ridiridiculous and I am afraid devs will need years before they start doing something. After all we needed like 3 yaers to get Valkyrie in a decent position, go figure out before they admit we a problem with C4.

As far as I am concerned Flak and Flanker Armor should be buffed to provide extreme protection. I have max Flanker Armor on my lightning and it's garbage: I often die to C4 nevertheless. As infantry why should I invest in Flak Armor? C4 will take away most of my hp anyway, and LA need just 0,5 seconds to switch to primary weapons. I would be ****** up anyway.
    • Up x 3
  8. Daigons

None of the pre-CAI advice work very well in the current state of the game. Opposing players not rendering while exiting vehicles making it easy to deploy C4 by non-LA. The introduction of Ambusher Jump Jets negates proxy radar and the so called SA due to player speed, rendering issues and instant drop of multiple C4 bricks. I'm seeing drivers jumping out to C4 instead of using their vehicle weapon. The problem is compounded when the driver is an LA and they simply exit their vehicle and catapult themselves to your vehicles for an instant C4 kill. Spitfires would only be useful if there are 3-4 deployed however I've seen some turds get around this by using an alt to drop friendly C4 or AV mines under a vehicle and than use an opposing Infil to Xbow the explosives to get the kill credit. The Xbowing can be done outside of the range of Spitifres.

A step in the right direction is to only allow one brick to be deployed at a time. You can drop another until the first one is detonated.
    The only advice I can offer for vehicle drivers is to never stop moving and never drive over any friendly explosives.
    • Up x 1
  9. Daigons

I'm not even sure why they even offer Flanker Armor for Lightning. Even at max level, it'll still get slagged by 2 bricks of C4.
  10. AuraBliss

On engy you can 4x c4 with utility belt. But I think we need x8.
    • Up x 1
  11. Demigan

C4 isn't where it should be, granted, but until we have a viable alternative for infantry it needs to stay.

I've already commented dozens of times what could be done. From simply splitting C4 into an AV and AI version with each using the current model and just giving them different numbers to either be good against tanks or infantry but not both would already solve a lot of things. You can take it further with different ways they work. For example, a deployable explosive which will obviously be far more lethal. For example a thermite pack which after deploying will keep dealing damage for a long time until it's destroyed with small-arms fire or a repairgun. Another explosive could be thrown, but can only be detonated through weapons fire. Others could be on timers, depending on the power behind the timer they could have sound warnings to notify people what's happening.

Having other weapons, like LAW's, grenade launchers, recoilless rifles, micromissiles, virusbombs (nerfing weapons), acid launchers, nanite deconstruction weapons and whatever would all go a long way in making C4 not the go-to weapon.

Each of these idea's could even be sold in different editions. The first is the same as we have now: Pay per shot, which can only be replenished at Sunderers and costs nanites each time you replenish, but you won't lose it with dying.
    The second is pay for the weapon, which is closer to how MAX's are used. You buy the weapon, if you die you lose it, if you are revived you can keep using it, and you can replenish at ammopacks.
    The last one is pay for the weapon and pay per shot. This would be for the most powerful weapons available to infantry.

Only for CQC combat where you keep pushing your opponent after you damaged them so far they'll likely have exited. I have barely experienced anyone trying to C4 me after exiting as I've kept my distance after some harsh teachings long ago.

No it doesn't. It is an extremely specific situation where you can jump the 50m towards your target and reach him in one go. Also it's quite hard to judge someone's distance from you without placing a waypoint first, so it's unlikely that you know if you are perfectly outside of that 50m range and jump from the edge unless you equipped sensor shield for this specific purpose. On an unrelated note, Proxy Radar is far too weak for the certcost. It needs something like an activateable ability attached to it to instantly scan and detect any opponent within a certain distance, and it needs a higher max range and lower levels need to start at 40m minimum.

I've only seen some Sunderers try that, but they are easily spotted in how they charge you. It's usually a free kill unless you don't pay attention to why a Sunderer might be charging you.

How can it be instant? You can simply drive forwards and get hit by only 1 C4. Also, is anyone really actively doing this with anything else than Sunderers or Harassers? Because it's going to cost you a crapton of nanites for each attempt, and any unsuccessful one means you just lost yourself a bunch of nanites much faster than the vehicles you are trying to attack.

1 Spitfire is all you need. It warns you enemies are nearby, then you react to that.
    Also, having 4rth factioners basically TK while letting a frenemy blow up the C4/mines isn't something you can shove under the "but Spitfires are useless" or "C4 is OP" list, this is under the "screw the people who abuse the game by hampering their own faction".

A step in the direction of "now vehicles will be almost completely impervious to infantry". C4 can only be reduced in effectiveness against vehicles after viable alternatives arrive into the utility slot.
    • Up x 1
  12. DeadlyOmen

You died to C4. Relax and re-spawn.

Instead of begging for mercy, one may find success in developing countermeasures.
    • Up x 1
  13. Daigons

14. FateJH

The viable alternative for Infantry is more Infantry, if they don't want to fight back with other Vehicles. Concentrating firepower demolishes anything that isn't uberwood (or spacesteel) and replacing one weapon that feels very unfairly imbalanced with many others that encroach that luster is not progress in anything but building up inventory clutter.

You're not going to ween people off C-4 with anything but C-4. All the clever prose and presentation isn't going to change the opinion of someone who believes they need it, or that they can exchange it for something less sudden or less fatal. Do you really envision players won't take these new wonders you describe and not (try to) use them in the exact same way that people complain about C-4?
    • Up x 2
  15. AlcyoneSerene

So many C4 fairies everywhere, most of which have zero consideration about suiciding. The ability to ambush, throw that brick unusually far, detonate quickly even with the slight new trigger nerf, big AoE insta-kill everything is overboard.

Armor feels too weak as it is, and C4 everywhere just makes this problem that much worse.
    • Up x 4
  16. adamts01

No C4 and Ambushers, and 50% resistance for Maxes and Infantry. Let it soften targets on points, not be the single best solution to everything. But I do think it's fine against vehicles, on the condition that it can't be equipped with Ambushers.
    • Up x 3
  17. Callyste

Dude, you forgot to turn your capslock key off.
  18. Twin Suns

For killing themselves with their own C4 they receive extra wait time to spawn. "risk vs reward"

Also no revives for easy mode LA's w/C4 that blow themselves up just to spam a point with C4. "risk vs reward"
  19. Twin Suns

Same could be said about LA's & HA's that don't attack objectives. Morons! Funny how my medic runs right by them and actually attacks the objective.

It's tough being a light assault trapped in a medics body.

P.s. This medic would've got you back on you're feet. Believe.
  20. Sprant Flere-Imsaho

As someone with over 3k C4 kills and over 5k enemy vehicles destoryed (80+% w/ C4), let me give you advice on how to avoid a C4 death.

1) Keep moving/driving
    It's impossible to land C4 on a vehicle that's moving unless they drive directly under me and my timing is spot on.

2) look around
    Don't try to run over light assault. Look around in third person to get a higher elevation view when driving.

3) Don't crowd a doorway.
    Can't kill you with C4 by tossing it through the door if you're 10 feet from the doorway.
    • Up x 1