FAO Roxxlyy - what's this captcha nonsense?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JobiWan, Apr 20, 2018.

1. JobiWan

A few weeks ago a tick box to say 'I'm not a bot' appeared to log into this forum, which is mildly annoying, but since yesterday I'm getting those stupid 'tick all the road signs' type.

I've just logged in and it's taken me nearly a minute to log in because the images keep changing and it says 'keep clicking until there are no more cars/buses/roads etc'.

Just....why????
  2. Callyste

I've only had this happens once.
    However, I'm deeply annoyed that I have to relog every 5 mins. I'd log in, read a couple threads, hit reply one one of them "You have to be logged in to reply". Really now?
  3. JobiWan

It's happened to me every time I try to log in for the past 24 hours. And it's not always obvious what they mean. Does the pole of a sign count as a sign? Does a mini-bus count as a bus or a car?

It's not like the board is plagued with spammers or trolls, it's totally unnecessary IMO.
    • Up x 1
  4. tommyrocket

It might apply to their other games, too. H1Z1 became free-to-play recently, after all.
  5. Coliax

Captcha is a defense against Bot's whitch is (as you all know) a problem for Planetside 2. Because of Captcha, bots cannot log in because they are not able to tick a box or choose Pictures where you can see (for example) cars.
    And you should be happy that you dont have write this nanites:

[IMG]
    (because that is sometimes cancer)
    • Up x 1
  6. Campagne

Yeah, very annoying.

Probably not really meant for the PS2 forums in particular though, probably just a broad implementation for the more trafficked forums.
    • Up x 1
  7. JibbaJabba

Sometimes I retry so much that I begin to believe maybe I am a bot and have an existential crisis.

It's not cool giving people an existential crisis, Daybreak.
    • Up x 2
  8. Roxxlyy Community Relations

We added Recaptcha a month or so ago across our sites to help combat spammers and up security. It can definitely be a bit of a pain but is overall a good change. Unfortunately we can't do much of anything about the random picture changes, as we haven't developed that software ourselves.

As far as being logged out of the forums every 5 minutes like someone else mentioned above, that sounds like a different problem entirely. Not sure how to resolve it, but have you seen what happens from a different browser or device?
    • Up x 2
  9. asmodraxus

My last pay check was 9k Bucks working 12 hours a week online. My sisters friend has been averaging 15k for months now and she works about 20 hours a week. I can’t believe how easy it was once I tried it out. Read more this site https://www.planetside2.com/register

/s
    • Up x 3
  10. customer548

Each time I have to click on a road sign in order to log into forums, I remember my 1 000 000 deaths due to roadkills in game.
    It hurts my feelings.
    • Up x 2
  11. FateJH

What is this road sign of which you people speak? I only have to flick a checkmark.
  12. DIGGSAN0

• Up x 2
  13. JobiWan

Today it's gone back to just ticking a box. Thankxx for the response (see what I did there?)
  14. JobiWan

Oh I spoke too soon, back to the stupid road signs/cars/buses nonsense again. I guess I'll just visit here a lot less then, it's just totally over the top.
  15. Diilicious

when it says pick all pictures of cars, do you include the tyres as well? which might be in a different pane.
    when it says pick all pictures of bridges, do you include the bridge supports as well as the overhang ?
    when it says pick all pictures of signs, do you include the sign posts too?

it is really annoying.. i prefered the garbled nonesense words to be honest
    • Up x 2
  16. Campagne

Great, so now Google is collecting even more information without my informed consent. :rolleyes: