[Suggestion] time to increase max c4 resistance?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Liewec123, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Prudentia

yes... thats the same point demigan has made all the time too...
    If a standard MAX survives 1 C4 with 2000 to 2500 effective HP than it can easily be finished off, either with another C4, or with half mag of a standard primary gun. with Ordinance armor the MAX would still have the same ~50% it currently survives with which means you either run ordinance and have 5000 effective HP left after C4 or you run kinetic which means you have ~3500 left after 1 C4. 5000 HP leaves you with enough to survive a non headshot magdump from anyone but TR and 3500 means you get magdumped easily if you get hit by a flash or Conc nade.
    • Up x 2
  2. LodeTria

No, because that would make infantry-side harder. They don't want to have to deal with something that can't be cheesed with skill-less counters like c4. The same can be said for aircraft and how people complained less when flak, another skill-less counter, was made OP.
  3. FateJH

From the first page:
    That's not actually equivalent. That's the point Halkesh was suggesting too.

That "lustrous baubles" comment was pointed. Demigan has a habit of introducing complexities that upset a ton of applecarts (and he's very willing to write exhaustively about them) over targeted solutions. Those complexities do sound grand and something we, as a playerbase, should hope for. We have no evidence the developers can achieve our visions of excellence without massive stumbling blocks of their own design. I'm going for something that will perform the least amount of collateral damage and changing a single spreadsheet column's number by a few points is the best I got.
    • Up x 3
  4. Prudentia

oh then i just confused demigan with someone who agreed with the post, i tend to not pay a lot of attention to the names of posters and just focus on their ideas. unless it's champagne, but then it's irrelevant if i answer to his person or to his argument, his arguments are so consistently wrong that it's easy to pick him out of a crowd :p
  5. frozen north

Truth right here.
  6. Campagne

That's rich coming from your righteous and morally unassailable position of whatever it is you believe according to your own perception of "balance."

Get off your soapbox. I obviously hold a counter opinion not unlike that of your own, but even I don't go around spouting the same rhetoric blaming others for every single change or suggestion I don't like or don't agree with.

Yeah, facts have a way of standing out in a sea of circumstantial evidence and hearsay. :p
  7. Prudentia

ofcourse mister "Higher accuracy is a negative"
  8. MonnyMoony

I don't think Maxes being resistant to a single brick of C4 would be all that problematic.

Maxes are usually found in intense firefights - and as such, the chances of encountering a full health Max in this situation is virtually zero.

The only thing it would stop is cheesy ambusher jump jet LA lone wolf kills.
    • Up x 3
  9. Campagne

That strawman. It is almost surprising how unsurprised I am. :p
  10. CplRDaWiggy

You're right, it kinda is.

But if you said higher accuracy was a negative, I mean, c'mon dude, you had it coming.
  11. Campagne

No, never did. I know he's referring to our "discussion" about the Promise, but I don't know how he made that leap in logic. Ought to be an engineer making such a huge strawman like that.
  12. adamts01

That really is an approach everyone should strive for with every suggestion. Not only are we less likely to get a full C4 rework thanks to limited resources, that kind of change would most certainly open its own can of worms, such as lessening C4's range then not letting it deal damage to a Sundy or Tank if on the nose. That's why I see a simple base resistance as the single viable solution.
    • Up x 1
  13. frozen north

Agreed.
  14. LoveDispenser

Lowering damage of ANY weapon reduces value of your actions against enemies. So the reward for killing is not so satisfying. The game already is VERY arcade-style. Like, come on - 6-7 body shots with most firearms to kill, underbarrel grenades are useless with like 1 meter radius explosion, damn Duster's grenades need 3 splash hits within 2 meters to kill while real life analog's 1 hit kill radius is like 5-10 meters.
    And if there is a room, tightly filled with bunch of stupid degenerates, who can't play tactical and **** - this is obligatory to kill them with 1 stick of C4.
  15. FateJH

Unless you've been unenlightened, that's always been this franchise's hat since the beginning - longer time to kills. The original game didn't even have a head hitbox or a sniper rifle that killed in one shot. Grenades (and grenade launchers) required multiple to kill. The closest analogy to C-4 - the Boomer - might have been a one blast kill but it was also a mandatory plant and trigger explosive.

That's not to say we didn't have cloaked Boomer runners but it wasn't the easiest thing to pull off.

MAXes also didn't die to just one. Could take three or such, depending on what he had on him at the time. Decimators were more reliable (especially with that swap exploit they never manage to completely stamp out).
  16. LoveDispenser

When I started playing this game in 2014 I didn't know that. But back then it was closer to other games in terms of damage balance. But now I'm, like, in love with this game, cuz there are no analogs with same map scale and MMO-style open world/no session fights. And the ONLY thing that frustrates me now - long TTK's with 99% weapons.
    Sometimes I'm getting into huge crowds of enemies and I have like 2-3 seconds before they see me. In any other game I could just press the trigger and spray them with bullets, and everyone get rekt. But in this game - well, you know...
    The main problem with that - you're loosing any motivation to play tactical, sneaky or agressive, cuz when you get to any advantageous position behind enemies' lines, you just don't have enough firepower to punish those, who can't control what's going on around them.
  17. FateJH

You might be tempted to think, "Flanked them; they're done for," but the reality is that's only a starting point. It's presumptive to declare victory before even firing a single shot and no one having died.
  18. DQCraze

I see gamers whining more as the years go on about how this is to hard or that is to hard. Some of the games we started with like Quake 1 would never make it in todays world because...skill. People want easy mode these days, they wanna die and respawn over and over again mindlessly. This game is an arena deathmatch already, there is no reward for staying alive for long periods of time besides a xp, its not going to get me any implants sooner, doesnt make me invulnerable for periods of time, just a few extra xp. So if i can kill a MBT with 2 bricks of C4, surely i can kill a max...
    • Up x 1
  19. MonnyMoony

What we have to remember is that Maxes are a lot more vulnerable to C4 than they used to be for the following reasons:

1. Loss of Max Charge. I used to use this a lot to evade C4 fairies and roadkill cheese - but since it's removal, it's a lot more difficult to avoid these things.

2. Increase in C4 responsiveness. C4 can now be dropped and triggered much faster than it used to be giving the Max far less time to react or take out the C4 throwee before it is detonated. It has made C4 much more viable as a quick kill weapon, especially for classes other than LA (I see medics using it a lot).

3. Introduction of Ambusher jet pack. This jet pack is great fun, but has also made it far easier to get vehicle and max kills using C4. It has made the LA by far the fastest unit in the game which is compounded further when you consider that Maxes have been slowed down by point 1 (making the relative change even greater) and point 2 which means they can use C4 as a fast attack weapon.

In the mean time, the Max has gained nothing to counter these things.
    • Up x 2
  20. adamts01

Don't even start with real life comparisons. C4 is very well balanced against tanks, with the exception of Ambushers. My issue is the spam of C4 in infantry fights. I want it nerfed against infantry for the sake of gameplay, not because I think infantry armor could logically resist that explosion. I'm of the firm belief that this game needs more direct fire and less flak, HE spam, and lock-ons, for the sake of competition, not realism.
    • Up x 1