How do i counter Vanu HA with Betelgeuse?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Coliax, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Coliax

I dont want to say that the betelgeuse is op (even if i think that she is) but i have no idea how to counter this weapon. Those VS HA kill you sooo ***** fast with headshots that you dont even have any time to react.
    I mainly play cqc nc HA (means smg and shotty). I try Auto/pumpaction shotguns, i try smg with laser so that i have mutch more movement as them, but still... pam pam pam and im dead (really dont like the headshot sound).

Do you have any tips how i can counter betelgeuse HA as NC HA? (any help would be appreciated)
  2. Eternaloptimist

Any weapon will kill you really quickly with headshots, not just the Battlegoose.

Try head-shotting in reply with the Anchor if you are NC HA. That thing is a monster when used that way. Or, if you are not so accurate, use the Promise (highest RoF weapon in the NC LMG arsenal I think).
  3. Sazukata

Don't fight them. In Bartle's Taxonomy, they are "Killers": Those that enjoy dominating other players and find the most effective means to do so.

They do so well because they make sure to only get in 1v1s, which they will win. Don't engage head-on, wait for an ally to engage alongside you or as a distraction to swoop in from a flank. They wait around corners with their crosshairs at head level, enter sight lines crouched and start crouching erratically to avoid successive headshots. Expect hopping + medkits. Expect ADAD hitbox abuse.

If the environment allows you to flank and get into CQC, bring a shotgun and aim center mass. If it lands, it hurts. If they crouch, it hurts more.

If it's still looking hopeless, redeploy. Don't feed their stats.
    • Up x 1
  4. Trebb

If I die in a fight and see nothing but Vanu HAs with Beetlejuice guns on my death screen, I immediately pull a stealthy banshee ESF. Fight Cheese with Cheese.

If I see someone warping around by exploiting the ADADADAD movement, I report them for exploiting. Maybe they'll smooth out the netcode or nerf the spam movement if they get enough reports. Who knows. Worked with the Dalton aimbotters.
    • Up x 1
  5. Blam320

As one of those "cheesy" HAs with an Auraxium Beetlejuice, I can tell you its only upside is the heat mechanic, which hugely improves your staying-power thanks to not needing ammo. Outside of that It's really only most effective in close-to-mid range, meaning anything with better range immediately gives you an advantage. It doesn't help that you can't put any attachments on the Beetlejuice besides a scope. I've taken to using the Pulsar more purely because it performs better in more situations.

Besides, the most common weapon I see NC HAs using is the Godsaw. If you're going to spam that I see no reason why I shouldn't spam the Beetlejuice.
    • Up x 1
  6. CplRDaWiggy

A shotgun OR the answer to all things, which is c4
    • Up x 1
  7. BanthaFodder

Don't fight them in a 1v1, wait for back up to arrive. If you're constantly getting killed by them then it's better to just move onto a different fight, don't get farmed. Personally I highly suggest lowering your sensitivity/dpi, you'll get better over time.
  8. Metalsheep

You can beat a HA the same way you can beat a Cyberdemon.

[IMG]

In all seriousness though, if they have a BG or any directive weapon, that means they have gotten a THOUSANDS of kills with many different LMGs. The BG itself isn't especially powerful, but the player is highly skilled. Change up your tactics. Unless you are just as skilled as them, fighting fire with fire isn't going to work. As its likely a player with a BG is simply better than you are. Switch to a cloaker or LA and come at them with a different approach. Switch to Engineer and lay some traps or proxy mines. Trying to "main" a specific class is going to limit your effectiveness as a player. Be flexible and change your class/kit to overcome your obstacle. That would be my best advice, adapt and overcome.

If you insist on sticking to HA, try to level the playing field using Concs or good flanks. A shotgun is pretty effective if you can get into range, personally I like the Jackhammer because the triplejack can end the fight quickly even with HA shield. The gen 1 Pump Actions cant 1shot a HA with shield up, but the Gen2 can if you hit all the pellets. But the Jackhammer just vomits out 3 rounds and pretty much handles it. The Piston can be a decent substitute.
    • Up x 1
  9. adamts01

Haha. I do the exact same thing, and I get so many bounties from it. While I'm ******** on them with my AI nosegun I make sure to be a bail assault so they can't get a kill if they somehow manage to shoot me down. It's glorious.
  10. infilallday

headshots with automatic weapons are deadly, no matter which one you use. Im finding lately that people are becoming very skilled at medium range headshots with carbines. Destroys my infiltrator in a heart beat. I get mad but only because it is my fault for allowing that to happen.. Should have been better. The skill to pop of headshots that quickly with automatic weapons at distance deserves to be praised.
  11. Coliax

THX for your answers <3, i will try some of that
  12. typnct

On close range:adadadad
    Medium range:adwasd
    Long range:ctrl ctrl ad ctrl
  13. Lord_Avatar

Same way you would counter any other infantry - shoot them (preferably in the head). The Beetlejuice doesn't offer any advantages in a straight up fight, in fact - it's inferior to the Orion in that regard.