[Suggestion] MAX is the only "vehicle" in the game that can be ressurected. It's time to change that.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gustavo M, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Gustavo M

Title. If the MAX dies once -- the player must respawn and switch to MAX, once again, in a infantry terminal. Oh, and reduce its cost to 250 to compensate.
  2. DIGGSAN0

I would welcome that idea because the maxcrushes are indeed very strong.
    • Up x 1
  3. Jac70

Nah, it's not as if MAXes are a big issue now. Any small infantry force can wreck them with rockets or C4. Plus, it is proper satisfying to go head to head with a Lib or an ESF, get killed, resurrect yourself and then take them out :confused:
  4. Doc Jim

Since MAX units are vehicles of sorts, I would also like MAX units to be set on fire when their hit points reach low levels, burning MAX units should move even slower and spew fire and smoke.
    • Up x 1
  5. Gustavo M

Yeah. I mean, NC MAX's can't even attack at range!The poor folk.
    And also allow players to get inside phoenix rockets because, you know... they are actually vehicles.
    ...wait
  6. Halkesh

It could be nice if infantry bleed to death when their shield is down.
    • Up x 2
  7. Callyste

I'm ok with that if they add a gunner seat on the MAX.
    I want to climb on their shoulder and man a turret on their head.
    • Up x 3
  8. Sazukata

I don't see how MAXs are (sort of) considered vehicles. If they actually had a collision box for friendlies, or maybe exploded on death, we might be able to make a case that it's a hybrid.

But mechanically, they are just big and slow infantry with a nanite cost.
    In terms of meta, they are still big and slow infantry with a nanite cost.
    Lore-wise, it's an infantry in servo-assisted armor, not a mech suit/mini-Voltron.

Sorry, I'm in a nitpicking mood.
  9. asmodraxus

So the Mechanized Assault eXo suit is a Vehicle?

Would that mean Heavy Assaults are light Vehicles and Light Assaults are aircraft?

So does this mean that flak should now burst on Light Assaults (who take extra damage) and that Heavy Assaults also take extra damage from Max / Infantry AV weapons...

Or shall we assume that MAX suits are technically infantry (in an armored exo skeleton with big guns) and so are HA and LA respectively just in not so big suits with smaller guns (which actually do more damage on a bullet for bullet comparison).
  10. The Rogue Wolf

It takes a Medic with a fully-certed tool about six seconds to revive a MAX. Why aren't you killing that Medic?
  11. Metalsheep

Back in beta SOE made MAX units not revivable. They literally vanished overnight. MAX units are far too squishy to justify making them not rezzable. You would have to increase their survivabiliy significantly to compensate for their lack of sustainability without revives. MAXs were pulled so rarely that SOE reversed the descision in the next patch. And this was in beta before everyone and their mother had C4 and Decimators. (Though HA shields were like 650HP and Nanoweave added 250 so a HA could go toe to toe with MAXs)

They tried it once before and it was much worse off for the game as a whole.
  12. Liewec123

it is also the only vehicle that a freaking flash can roadkill...
    it is also the most expensive unit in the game by a large 90 margin (now that ASP allows us to reduce mbt, gal and lib cost to 360.)
    it is also the slowest unit in the game
    it is also one of the two units with a resource cost that dies to a single c4, the other being the 50 resource quadbike...

so yeah i agree, lets REMOVE THE REVIVE ability,
    but instead of reducing the cost, make the 450 sarcophagus worth a damn!
    currently most medics are freaking useless anyway so i'd rather just have a 450 resource investment
    that actually functions like a 450 resource investment.

no more goddamn roadkills, no more goddamn insta-death from a single c4.
    buff health all round so it can take more rockets, av nades, archer shots etc.
  13. baka

If the MAX is a vehicle, then I want the ability to bail out and be fully equipped and full health in my infantry loadout.
  14. JibbaJabba

There is near universal agreement that the MAXes need some love.

They cost more than frickin' tanks. Charge is gone. C4 massacres them. The NC max can get outdamaged by a frickin' medic at range. The VS Max has a "shoot me" mode that gives them added vulnerability at the cost of the same TTK output. Res grenades don't work on them and they come back to life needing an engineer. Anti tank mines AND antipersonnel mines both detonate on them. They can't redeploy to vehicles so you get to buy another with another tanks worth of nanintes. Harassers run them down without taking any damage... etc...

But then this guy comes along and suggests we give them a nerf?

Please, please show us on the doll where the MAX touched you. Cuz right now I am NOT seeing where you are coming from with this BS.
  15. ColonelChingles

And here I thought the solution would be to make vehicles "revivable" as well.

Let vehicle husks represent dead bodies that stay on the battlefield for a while longer. Through continued heavy fire, the husks and hulls can eventually be destroyed, but as long as they exist they provide cover and can be "revived".

[IMG]

Introduce recovery vehicles that serve as Medics/Engineers for vehicles. Unarmed, but capable of protected repairs or "reviving" vehicle wrecks.

Allow different factions to "revive" any vehicle on the battlefield, creating an empty vehicle locked for that faction once it's repaired. VS with Prowlers, TR Magriders, etc. This creates a race to secure/deny destroyed hulls to prevent them from falling into enemy hands.

Boom, now suddenly vehicles are not as ridiculously underpowered, more objectives are introduced to the game, supporting teamwork is encouraged, and MAXes are no longer the only vehicles in the game that can be resurrected.
  16. raffa2

You clearly don't use maxes, you clearly don't use C4 neither.