Faction Specific Flash

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rezz, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Rezz

Hey all,

I was thinking about the Flash and how much better it could be if the developers introduced some faction specific traits to the flash. Here are my ideas.

NC
    Keeps the original flash but has more health + a shield to protect the driver and the flash for a certain period of time, just like the vanguard.

TR
    Has the turbo pre-built into the flash so it does not require purchase and is generally faster than the VS and NC flashes.

VS
    Hovers like a magrider and can move in any direction, just like the magrider however turning the mounted weapon is no longer possible, and instead you have to turn the flash itself. Almost like some sort of hover bike.

These are some basic ideas.. But I thought they would be pretty cool to have in the game.

Thoughts?
  2. Halkesh

3. Hegeteus

Sounds fun, although I suppose VS flash should be very agile to handle something such as a Kobalt with these mechanics.
  4. Killuminati C

I'd like the cosmetic aspect but I don't know about the actual abilities. I feel like they'd be pretty tough to deal with when cloaked and when I'm in a vehicle I'm more afraid of cloaked fury flashes in this game lately than mbt's.
  5. BanthaFodder

Having a multi-directional flash with a gun attachment would be pretty broken. That would be like a mongoose vs a ghost in halo, people dont seem to realize how strong the hover ability is.
  6. Corezer

what they need more is class specific flash abilities.

ability, tool, and flash mods should be the only restrictions placed on you for class choice. cause freedom and stuff.
  7. LtBomber1

Not necessary, if one applies huge momentum and more sluggish accelerlation.
  8. Skraggz

I want faction specific vehicles as well, though they don't have to mechanical work different, operate the same like ESF (minor differences). Devs could easily open then to the community for a contest type if they lack the creative design. I think it would add faction diversity even if cosmetic only, It is the reason I like Scythe>Mosy>Reaver.
  9. Corezer

I'd be happy even with a faction specific look... The faction lightning and harasser cosmetics should be default, with the current default being a purchasable "NS plating" to help you pretend to be a giraffe or something.
  10. typnct

If you'll give me a rough sketch on each then ill draw them with the faction traits(wont 3d model it as it takes too much time)