[Suggestion] The forum's full of... these days, this is why we should remove KDR

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Vulpecula07, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Vulpecula07

I have a KDR of 3.5 which I'm pretty happy with.

What's annoying me is how people choose the cowardly play style. I'm not blaming them for doing so, because this game is unbalanced, sometimes they are so disadvantaged. I blame the stats tracking system.

In the end, KDR will only become a tool that reminds people to farm, not to fight.
    • Up x 1
  2. Vulpecula07

Do you know MAXes can be revived? Potentially, you just spend 450 and you can live longer than in any other resource costing things. As long as you are in a good team.

If no one's following you, repairing and reviving you, think about it, why is this happening? Why for many times players would rather crouch in a spawn room than going out to assist a MAX, which could potentially help take back the capture point?
  3. Tasogie

kdr was a system invented to keep the young ones focused. They dont have the attention span of older people. But it sadly backfired. Now they see it as some sort of idiotic bible. As if it means something. Obviously to normal people its meaningless but the damage has been done now.
  4. Tasogie

if you cant figure that out at time on your own, your either very young or very very stupid.... or both....
  5. Vulpecula07

I think I gave some bad examples of the buffing and nerfing threads, I've seen the real salty ones, just couldn't think of an example when I wrote this. I think the most recent example is how people worried the ASP could ruin the game, although they haven't even seen them in the game.
  6. LtBomber1

Well, still play my first and only char. KDR is ****. In my first three years, i was playing on a potato laptop with stunning 10-20 fps. Ofc i had to play support, but i had fun. Nowadays things changed, KDR is going up, still the char is around 1, thanks to my noob-time.

Why am i telling this: It is a flawed statistic, that can have some meaning. If you dont like the stat, leave it. People using it as a competition parameter. Even if you would remove it, those people will never play offensively or suicidal. It their nature...
  7. Twin Suns

Show us on the doll where the big bad KDR touched you?

Is it the K, the D,or the R...or could it be that those letters when put together trigger people.

That acronym is overpowering to the sensitive ones. Maybe in Planetside III you could have them drive ambulances instead of giving them the option to fire a gun.
  8. Gustavo M

As an oldfart who used to grow in a environment where "fun = challenge"... KDR is more of a "Amount of times I got outgunned or outnumbered by the enemy" thing. I really don't see a reason to care about it in a game where you can get killed behind cover or by some """"tryhard"""" sitting on a hill inside his """"farmwagon"""".
    • Up x 2
  9. customer548

I don't really get OP's intentions here.

He wants to remove a stat, because people are supposed to stop fighting due to it and act "cowardly". But OP is admitting that he prefers to stay crouched in his spawnroom sometimes, in order to protect his KD.

He is saying KD is bad for the game and players, but he is the only one showing us his own KD. (A 3 KD has nothing so special for an Infi who mainly uses Railjack, SAS-R and LA80 (in a relatively slow way beetween each kills).

Again, I think the topic is more ego related. And biaised. (My own opinion, I hope to be wrong).

Again... Solve your own problems, THEN you'll be able to ask for removing stuff from the game for a reason or another.
  10. Vulpecula07

You only pick the things that make this post sound contradictory, you even added more to make it sound so. Now this looks really biased.

I answered the question in #20. I never said I sat there just to protect my KD, and I only gave my KD to prove it does not hurt my own feelings, never said it’s relevant or I believe it’s relevant. You even went to check my stats to prove yourself? What an effort. How biased you are to think this is my only character and only account?

I don’t have a problem to solve, it’s your assumption that I have a problem.

Maybe it’s not you don’t get my imtention, you just refuse to get my intentions.

I may have wrote something confusing, but at least read #20. In the end I just want this game to be as fun as what it was 4 years ago.
  11. DarkStarAnubis

Renz0r (he was a rather competitive ps2 player, certainly not a spawnroom warrior) made a nice video on YouTube about KDR and why it is so wrong and detrimental to team and faction objectives:

• Up x 2
  12. TR5L4Y3R

oblicatory max can be revived unlike vehicles and c4 costs nanites for EACH use
  13. TR5L4Y3R

players need stats that matter, ask yourself in a conqueststyle game what matters the most?
    imo kdr simply matters the least ...
  14. Liewec123

most medics are about as useful as a quadriplegic lifeguard. ;)
    i have a mere 15 seconds for one of these braindead idjits to revive me or 450 resource is gone?
    all because some guy lobbed his magical murder-everything-in-15m grenade across the room?
  15. customer548

You obviously didn't read.
  16. TR5L4Y3R

then you have an unfortunate ammount of support
    doesn´t change that you still have those perks over others
  17. TR5L4Y3R

the op? yes i stopped at "remove airvehicles" doesn´t change my general statement
  18. Liewec123

No other unit with a resource cost (besides flash) needs the "perk of getting revived after being oneshot",
    because they CANNOT be oneshot, not even the buggies!
    And I can buy the most expensive units for a whopping 90 nanites cheaper than the one that does get oneshot,
    Which coincidentally is also the slowest unit in the game.
    Seeing the issue here? XD
  19. Twin Suns

Really killer?...trashing medics now. It's our fault?

Do Not Resuscitate. Copy!
    • Up x 1
  20. Peebuddy

Have an overall KDR and say a monthly KDR, Boom, problem solved

Also KDR promote farming? No, planetside IS the farm. People dont farm to improve their kdr they farm to gain the most certs. Well lowbies do that, higher BRs play the way they want because we have the certs and any improvement in our KDR will have virtually no impact in the overall scheme of things.

I'd like to think after 70 you get to be free spirits!