Connery Asian lag too much - I'm done

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by strikearrow, Apr 8, 2018.

1. strikearrow

I'm done. 4 years of the game, but the clientside hit detection lag is just too much. It's been annoying me for a year now with the Asian invasion of Connery, but tonight was just too much. Literally dying instantly to a ranger in my ESF 3x....No time to react just died as fast as a OHK tank round .... different players too.

Don't even bother with all the "oh you'll be back stuff" I quit League of Legends when they changed the rune/mastery system almost a year ago after 5 years in the game and I have not returned to that game either. I quit mechwarrior online because of the mechbay being such trash and never looked back since they have not fixed it.

When I get fed up, I quit and do not return until a fix happens and LoL hasn't changed, Mechwarrior online has not changed, and I doubt they'll fix the hit detection lag here, so I will not return.
    • Up x 1
  2. Sazukata

Official sources have stated with reasonable confidence that a Tokyo server with one-time character transfers is on the way. (Soon™)

I'm no network tech expert, but it's possible that it's difficult to mitigate the effects of fluctuating ping/chunk damage without doing something drastic such as discounting the shooter's bullets during these scenarios.
  3. strikearrow

They need to take that drastic measure then. Even if they start a Tokyo server, they would have to make it a mandatory transfer based on ping to really fix the problem.
  4. TowerOfGlower

Actually, there was talk about a ping block after the grace period of free character transfer to the new server. I think it should be done, or at least make the threat legitimate enough to make those players take advantage of the free move.

As for Mechwarrior Online, things got worse. Just under a year ago they introduced a Skill Tree, which is really not a Skill Tree, to replace the weapon and mech modules. Now it takes much more time to level a mech, and the benefits are less than what they were under the old system. Mainly because they force you to spend the limited amount of skill points that can be applied at one time on “skills” that are useless, unwanted, or of such percentages that they are nearly useless, to get the ones you want. Those of us with a brain cell determined it was actually was a global nerf in order to try and increase the time-to-kill. It failed.
  5. DeadlyOmen

Wishing that a large segment of a server's population be vilified is not only myopic, it is stupid.

Bye.
  6. SteelMantis

It's not so fun for those of us playing from Asia either, I have been shot and killed after moving into cover countless times. Unfortunately Connery is the best ping we can get from Asia since Australia servers are usually pretty bad. For some reason a lot of companies seem to think they can just put a server in Australia and it will cover Asia as well since it's closer on the map than the US. Which really makes no sense since it doesn't work and the population of Australia as a whole is only equal to Tokyo and the surrounding cities.

Funny you mention Mechwarrior Online, I left PS2 for MWO years ago since high ping is less of an issue in MWO (they have another kind of hit detection, client side I think) and they had their server for this side of the world in Singapore. The main reason I came back to PS2 recently is MWO just moved the Sing server to Aus.

You can't really go wrong with either game though, they are both great games in their own ways and shooters with more to think about than most COD knock offs. MWO has a new 1v1 mode dropping in around a week that should be fun to mess around in.

Bring on the Tokyo server please!
  7. Tasogie

that makes 10 so far that have quit myself inc. An thats just ones that have come forth. Funny thing is where theres smoke theres fire. I hate to break it to you but this game is 5 years old. It cant afford to bleed customers.

The "Asian" lag is real an it is deliberate. They swarm an area an utterly destroy any gameplay.

I am with the OP 100%
  8. DeadlyOmen

If you have quit, then why are you here?

The last thing a "dieing game" needs is myopia. "I got shot up, so I'll blame the largest segment of a server's population!" No.

Take your racism and pathetic excuses to the next game.
  9. Erendil

Don't forget that Connery itself has been kind of a flaky server for up to the last 2-3 years, particularly on the weekends.

When you experience what appears to be a bad lag event, you should always immediately press TAB and check the Server Latency.

Oftentimes when I experience a really bad lag event the Server Latency will have briefly spiked to anywhere from 1,000 - 12,000ms. Yes, that's one to twelve seconds. It usually only lasts for a few seconds but it's enough for some really funky crap to go down.

That latency has nothing to do with the Asian playerbase and everything to do with DBG's servers/internal network.
  10. Tasogie

ahh that good old die hard excuse "its racism" NO! it is not racism dippy it is FACT.... you dont like it I dont care.... fact is still same.
    As for me being a racist, I am covered in Korean tattoos dip**** an my ******* artist is Korean so kliss my ****.
  11. JadeSinn

sad to say i have to agree with OP on this. the asian players ping is just to damn high to be on connory. they need there own server and they needed it like a year ago. we all know what happen to there first server and if you dont. if memory serves me right they boycoted it. becuse they wanted to play " on the amaracan server " so there first server was removed allowing them to play on connory with the rest of us.

i personaly beleave (( sad that ill see some good asian players im friends with go over this )) that they need to install a ping blocker. if your ping is higher then a set ammount. you cant access the server at all and have to move to another one.

at the same time insted of locking each charicter to each server. the charicters should beable to be moved freely server to server. insted of you haveing to have them on just one server. you can move around with them and go to any server that your ping does not get blocked from.

if and when they install the ping block mesure where going to see a flood of hate on reddit and here on the forums from the high ping players.

i only have on thing to say to them " sorry but you should play on the server closet to you and stop playing on ours "
    • Up x 1
  12. Ares8

I don't know why American players still play on Connery when it's been known for a long time that it was taken over by Asian players and hackers. Please don't uninstall and come to Emerald, it's a much better server with minimal lag and very few Asian players. A lot of the outfits communicate with each another and work together. And on Friday and Saturday nights, you will see huge beautiful battles that are reminiscent of the early years of PS2.
  13. Tasogie

but
    do you ahve weekday wars

Pluss I cant be expected to play with Millwall fans. I wont do it :D
  14. WarCannon9000

I do agree is has been very hard to deal with. I left the server sometime ago since i live on the east coast anyways. I think most players will not switch since they might not want to lose all the hard work since you cannot transfer characters. I left my NC main on connery i had since launch for TR and VS on emerald but lucky i was only rank 54. I can understand both sides and it is indeed a 2 way street but what can you do. It has been nice on emerald tho i will not lie, outfits are great.
  15. DeadlyOmen

Oh, a color blind racist! Nice...I've never heard that before.

Look, here's the truth: you had an in-game experience so scary and dis-orientating and discombobulating that your intellect was dumbfounded to such an extent that the only response you could muster was the vilification of people sharing in the same experience.

Then, you decided to publicly humiliate yourself over it.

Briggs was wrecked by this drivel. And now you and your kind turn to Connery. Well played.