[BUG] Claymores exploding harmlessly?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DrPapaPenguin, Apr 8, 2018.

1. DrPapaPenguin

Has anyone had their claymore mines just explode harmlessly dealing no damage as of late? My buddy and I have noticed that sometimes the enemy triggers them without suffering any damage at all, just wondering if someone else has had that.
  2. Prudentia

Good old Conal damage.
    tho i definitely have the same effect sometimes with NC mines running over them and not getting any damage.
    guess it's partly connected to all these random invisible walls that pop up randomly everywhere
  3. LtBomber1

Lag, edges, stairs, catlike implant, sprint-jumping...
    Ai mines in general are sometimes not working properly since the mine needs LoS to the target, and in comination with lag one can get out of harms way. Exspecially when sprinting, i avoided many mines even after hearing the "beep" sound.
  4. PlanetBound

Jumping or speed
  5. zelekk

They explode in 90°. So it easy to get out of explosion radius if you are moving fast.
    These mines are also very often placed in wrong direction. I have seen countless claymores facing walls or at friendly positions
  6. Luicanus

I find that this is usually the result of players moving through the killzone too fast so they're safe by the time it actually goes off. A way to improve the effectiveness is to (if aimed at a doorway) angle the claymore slightly into the room so that you increase the relative size of the killzone they need to pass through.