I am speachless...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DIGGSAN0, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Myarin

So true, perfect wording on that.

This seems like the kind of feature they'll keep behind stupid walls, until they eventually realize years later, it would've been exactly how to attract new blood if they just gave it to everyone for free at level 1.

Risk brings reward, guys, not playing it safe and cozy with predictable pricing.
    • Up x 2
  2. CplRDaWiggy

Its because they gambled and decided to use their limited resources to try to conjure up a short term increase in membership and be damned the consequences instead of applying a lateral thought process such as, oh, I don't know, giving new players a reason to stick around even though they just get continually farmed by tryhard pros.

All they have done in the 2 years I was away seems to be trying to dismantle what made this game unique in some desperate attempt to appease their shareholders, while conveniently forgetting an old adage in business. To make money, you have to spend money.

That means advertising. That means valuing new players instead of treating them like meat for your vets to grind. That means fixing bugs. That means listening to players who would really like for base design to be addressed. It also means admitting mistakes, and since DayBreak seem intent on being deaf, then the only recourse is to vote with your wallet, which is what I'm doing.
    • Up x 3
  3. frozen north

Fair enough. I did say 100 an hour was the maximum average that could be reasonably expected overall, and admittedly, I was going off of personal stats somewhat. I stand by my math as sort of a high point to assume, as in " This long or longer".

Going by the numbers you mentioned ( assuming the lower value of 100 per day, cause its easier math), that works out to 100 days of game play, or a little over three months. That only accounts for the certs as well. For the levels, i'll just use the values of a friend of mine ( he is an above average player, but that does allow an optimistic value to be set). Last time I checked, he had somewhere around 1110 hours in game, and was at BR 107. This was for only one character as well. Honestly though, I would not surprised if the average need was closer to 2000 hours based on what you mentioned earlier.

Regardless of the math however, my end point remains the same. The time investment required, especially for non-member players to achieve ASP, is simply ridiculous.
  4. frozen north

Pretty much.
  5. JadeSinn

agreed veary much on that.

time spent in the game. pluse the over priceing of something that should be an addon from the get go of the game. and the failure that is the dev team that has not been changed since SOE lost the game to DB, this game needs to die or be sold to a company that can do something with it. or thy need to fire the morons they have incharge.

there player base was droping allready. the signs can be seen all over connery server and the others. its just a matter of time before the servers are over run with asians that have no idea whats going on in the game. leaveing all the english speaking player base walking away.
  6. Madae

20-50% reduction in resource cost means you can pull that many more vehicles much sooner than normal.
  7. FLHuk

New player experience, April 2018. Log out, give it a month....

"****ters everywhere!"
    [IMG]
  8. WarCannon9000

Meaning a look at certain weapons and the faction trait. There is something keeping players from playing the faction since the pop is low, maybe looking into it may fix the issue a little. But then again everyone thinks the VS is fine and that having a 27% pop on prime time is great vs others having 37%-35%. Some players say numbers do not mean anything but i do disagree lol.
    • Up x 1
  9. Zak Preston

The 27% prime-time VS world pop is nothing compared to 12-15% in off-peaks...
  10. raidneq

If ASP is here to stay (which it probably will since dev time has been invested into it) than getting to BR100 shouldnt be a requirement. There should just be a ASP point rewarded each 25 battle ranks, and than let people prestige if they want to get more. This way new and even old players that dont play that often will be able to use it. With the current system BR100 players are just going to reck everyone else even more than they already do. This is really bad for retaining new players.

Unfortunately this is probably too sane of a suggestion, and will never be implemented since DB will never be able to swallow its pride and admit that ASP is a bad idea.
    • Up x 1
  11. SixNineFour

But really what alternative does PS2 have you think ?

PS2 has been greatly mishandled over the years.

This is a game that had been on life support for a long while until they revamped the implant system, turning it into loot crate system that DOES create income for the company.

Using this system as main way to generate revenue is no longer SAFE in 2018 because of Electronic Arts ****up with SW Battlefront.
    This is very likely why this system was pushed to live so quick. Cosmetics don't cut it. Relying on implants is too risky. The game NEEDS a way to make money.

I like the idea behind the ASP system - individual customization, but I wish it was available to everyone from the start. Being vocal about it doesn't help much either. It is important that the devs and publishers understand that the way it is executed is bad idea for player retention. But if you go around telling everyone how bad this system is then it simply drives even more people away from the game.
  12. AgentRed

I know I will get flak for this but they don't care look how they handled Everquest landmark they had a PR nightmare and burned a lot of people. Their main focus is h1z1 right now and trying pug holes in a burning/sinking ship. If they would start listening to the whole community not just a few select group it would be nice. I used to throw cash at DBG till the whole with landmark and how they pretty much scammed me and a lot of people giving them a big FU . Now they put a paywall or long play hours for some player to progress just isn't the right way of doing it. Yea I can buy membership but why would I do that when I been burned so hard buy the company. I really love this game but this isn't right D":
  13. kassad

So now that we have ASP heros can we have super saiyans? Maybe 100000 certs to unlock it?
  14. DIGGSAN0

I know it does sound hard but daybreak does need a competition... There is a new engine coming which does allow thousands of players to play with each other on one map (just like planetside 2) but better.

I would love to play a Deadspace HUD like shooter as MMOFPS.

Imagine you see the lifebar on your teammates back!

It would be so nice.

Back to the topic, i have counted my spendage on this game and the conclusion is that i did spend around 600€ over the past four years, yet my voice is unheard.

I just want my reported bugs to be heard, understood and then fixed.

Why does my word wear no weight?
    • Up x 2
  15. LtBomber1

True, but look at the numbers:
    At best, one saves around 100N on a MBT/Lib/Gal with the perk. Thats 2 min.

With membership and boosts and multipliers you can archive one can easy get 100N+ / min. That alone cuts your downtime to roughly 50%+, as in total you have to wait only 4-5 min for your 450N to refill. That 20% discount IS minor.

Also take note,
    • usually you pull vehicles slightly off-action and have some spare time for narnites to recharge...
    • you can cycle with your gunner (s)
    • playing passive increase lifetime, situational awareness
  16. JadeSinn

didnt you get the memo h1z1 is dead. the game is a wash and db is droping it. if they have not allready droped it. there pulling the h1z1 staff back over to PS2 and its the same people they let go to h1z1 in the first place from PS2

anyway i agree with most people here. the ASP system should of been added in as a from br 1 to 100 thing. drop the last 20 brs from the 120 br level cap and give players the option to pristease when they reach br 100 the first time insted of makeing them wait to do it then have to gain up the 100 levels all over again

right now the whole system is a cash grab and DB knows it. and its not makeing them worry at all. even though there loseing player base and no one new is comeing into the game now. sites are starting to take notice. free to play game sites that host and adverties games that are free to play are reporting on this game ragulerly and when someone starts giveing bad press on a game like this the player base starts to drop more.

if they want to make money. start puting things in the game players want. not just shoveing them to the shop to buy membership to unlock a system they cant actualy use till there br 100 and then have to grind back there 100 levels that are not gone becuse they are back at br 1 again.

new players will not stay . old players will be salty or enjoy the system and casuals will look at this as haveing a dev team spit in there eye. " you can have it when you pay us for it. or grind that 10k certs muahaha "
  17. adamts01

I'm going to be grinding my level 57 and 75 alts for months to get them to 100. Resetting at 75 might be more reasonable. But I don't mind being at 1 again on my main. That 120 basically just measures how much of your life you've spent on this game, not necessarily skill. Either way, I play for fun, not for a shiny label to show off.

It's not that bad. I've seen tons of new players lately. I've been playing on and off for 2 years and the continual work they've been putting in keeps me investing in this game. Nothing in ASP is OP, and things that were borderline were unnecessarily removed, maybe except infil carbines. Anyway, ASP basically just opens up new play styles, same as unlocking a new weapon. I don't feel at a disadvantage at all on my noob alt accounts. What's needed at this point is constructive criticism, but mostly leadership in game. Outfits need to start working together and help the community grow. DBG has work to do, but the community plays an equal part.
  18. AtckAtck

I can agree with your calculation. I average around 100 certs a hour. If i have bad day, then lower maybe 80 a hour or if i have a very good day 150 a hour.

But this is when playing full Action non stop. If i Play to achieve something Special like getting kills with lock ons, or with pistols only, then it is near nothing maybe 20-50 an hour.

I am nowhere near a very good Player, average around 1.6 k/d. So i think this is perfectly doable.
    But on the other Hand i also know Players that struggle to achieve the amount of kills i make a day within a month. And so their cert gain is very low. Those Players will never get to achieve 10k certs to get the unlock.

This is somewhat a community Problem. Take a look at cobalt, the vs totally dominate the Server at the Moment and we have pretty even Population most of the time.
    Actually here the TR is lacking, most of the time being double teamed and sadly not very well organized, with a split Population of europeans and russians that do not Play together. So basically half of our Population does something by themselfes. This is a gurantee to fail.

This is nothing that can be fixed with buffs and nerfs. It doesn't matter to bring in Overpowered weapons if Players seem to Play without tactial thinking, rushing into a meatgrinder without reason. (Yes, i refer to the russians on cobalt.)