What do i choose

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Optic gaming, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Prudentia

Artemis and Tomoe.
    definitely go for the artemis of those 2
  2. FieldMarshall

The Phaseshift got changed. The charge up delay was removed and it now has two fire modes.
    First fire mode is like a BASR (1 hit kill on headshots) with two shots before it overheats.
    The second fire mode is a semi auto mode that lets you fire more before it overheats but does less damage.
  3. Optic gaming

how do i switch between fire modes
  4. Optic gaming

OK so ive narrowed it down to the phase shift Ns7-pdw and the nsx diamyo what do u guys think
  5. Optic gaming

Also i found i love the nsx tomoe but like i said what do u guys think
  6. ElGordo95

If you actually like the Daimyo give the Ghost with the Coolant-upgrade thing (which is basically a straightpull bolt for staying scoped-in between shots) a try, like Prudentia said. I'd suggest you grab the OG4x scope with the big red cross crosshair, it's great for tracking enemies and leading your shots.

I'd argue for the Ghost because that thing gives you 5 shots instead the maximum 4 on the Daimyo, and has 700 damage per bullet so even if you're not confident on shooting people in da face you still do a good amount of damage to the body.

Just remember: Don't get frustrated with the short range bolt-actions. I'd say it takes a few thousand kills to get quite confident with 'em in CQC and midrange and hit headshots more consistently (a low mouse sense ingame and on your mouse helps tremendously, personally I use 0.080 ingame and 400 DPI on my mouse). And you can also lean back on 100 metres and snipe from there if the situation gets hairy.
    But once you master the short range BA it's a ton of fun. Especially dropping some tryhard heavy assaults with a nice snapshot to da brains hehehe. . . :D

PS: If you still wanna stick with the SMGs the NS7-pdw is hot garbage compared to the VS Eridani and the Sirius in regards of damage. (I bought the black version of the cassette player back in the day and I could still punch myself in the face for that :oops:).
    • Up x 1
  7. Optic gaming

Thanks for all of your help eigordo95
  8. Optic gaming

By coolant upgrade thing do you mean supercooled coil
  9. AlcyoneSerene

Daimyo relies on headshots, but it has very sudden and short bullet drop so the range stays limited. Never liked the weapon, and never used it much, but it is nicely responsive.

Tomoe is alright, also relies on headshots, and I think I do recommend it.

NS-7 is great, definitely recommend, but it really is short to medium range, with excellent accuracy as with most NS weapons.

Phaseshift is really hard to learn to apply successfully, but it is good, no bullet drop, infinite ammo, and the ability to swap firing modes near-instantly unlocks some hidden potential. The heat mechanic is perfectly in sync-with cloaking, cover, position, decloak. Just try not to use a silencer as that cripples it's already low bullet velocity. It is also empire-specific, and unique to VS faction.

Ghost is excellent for mid-range, my go-to for the longest time when swapping out of the long-range Parallax.

Vandal is my favorite scout rifle from testing, and prefer it over the battle rifle or the other VS one since the cone of fire stays slightly tighter while still delivering the needed power for it's mid-range purpose, but as with other scout rifles, the slow bullet velocities remains a problem.

Everyone will have a different preference, but in order of what I found the best: Phaseshift > Ghost > Tomoe, and if you can get scout rifles to work for you, then Vandal, or if you can, wait for the upcoming empire-specific scout rifles in case the VS variants are good in comparison.
  10. Tasogie

ffs dont get phaseshift, its ****. Get V10, its best sniper rifle they have (arguably). Combat inf an Sniper are very diff play styles. I have a sniper an an smg char myself. Dont be one of these "snipers" who stand on a hilltop an blaze away never hitting anything.

Get V10, an a 12x scope, then your good to go. Learn to 1 hit. Your prime targes are standing still chars, or chars that are running sideways for starters. you will learn how to lead them an get a head shot on them.
    Chars that are moving round randomly take alot of practice an some % of luck. If your on Connery look up fragkatAU sometime ill come an snipe with you. I am no expert but I do pretty good.
  11. Zak Preston

Phaseshift needs some time to accommodate to bullet velocity and no drop, and this is what semi-auto mode is for. Besides that Phantom, Spectre, Nyx, Eidolon have roughly the same muzzle velocity and no bullet drop. Also XM-98 and Ghost have similar projectile speed, so accomodating to PS is not that hard.

What makes Phasehift really unique is the ability to 1HK with silencer and no bullet drop.
    • 6x scope + forward grip + silencer
    • catlike + target focus implants
    • Hunter cloak, NW armor, recon device and medkits
    semi-auto mode by default and u can sneak behind enemy lines, drop 1-2 targets and relocate. Actually, I recently discovered for myself that 6x scope is quite enough to snipe ppl up to 200m with most sniper and scout rifles: it makes recoil feel to kick less, reduces the effect of scope sway, makes it easier to land shots on moving targets and in general you are much more potent on low and medium distance.
    I wouldn't say PS is THE best sniper rifles, but at least it's one of the most unique ones and gives you opportunities no other SASR\BASR can do.
  12. Tasogie

I use the 44 for that sorta work. It can perform way better than a SAR inf. Stalker cloak+ 44 +catlike and.... master whatsist?.... an your good to go. I can get really nice kill scores of 10-20 sometimes (for me thats good)
  13. ElGordo95

No problem pal I just elaborated on another already given answer! :D

Yep that's the one.

Have fun! ;)