What do i choose

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Optic gaming, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Optic gaming

I cant figure this out I am a vanu sovereignty player and i play infiltrator and cant seem to figure out the right weapon I am a mid range to long range player and don't know if i should go sniper or sub machine gun What are some options for those types of weapons. weapon price limit 1000.
  2. LodeTria

When you say "long range" player do you mean sniping from a distance?
  3. Optic gaming

4. Zak Preston

Go for Phaseshift, it's a unique sniper rifle that can be used both for mid-range sniping with silencer to long-range 300m+ kills. It has no bullet drop and 2 firing modes. The downside is that it has huge recoil and quite low projectile speed.
  5. Optic gaming

OK THANK U I WILL GET IT
  6. 0fly0

I don't get it, did they change the phaseshift and make it good when i was gone...
    Last time i check you have a 1-2 sec charge on the phaseshift before shooting and you can't do that will being cloack making that gun useless and dangerous for a sniper.
  7. SixNineFour

If you are infiltrator torn between snipers and smgs, maybe you should go with the middle ground and choose a scout or battle rifle.
    • Up x 1
  8. Eternaloptimist

I just got the Vandal and it is a really good scout rifle. Other than that I still find the VA39 SASR to be good at any range since the change to recoil and introduction of the ballistics computer.

Never tried the Phaseshift though, so I defer to the opinion of others who use it. NB the Blackhand, which is use for medium range stalking, has got a much increased max damage range after the patch today................just sayin' :)
  9. Pelojian

i'd suggest trialing the sniper rifle, if it isn't your thing you can just wait out the trial cooldown and then trial another weapon.
    • Up x 1
  10. DarkStarAnubis

Between a Battle Rifle and a SASR I would get a SASR: better damage at range and good affinity for tap firing (read this: http://iridar.net/planetside2/weapons/sniper-rifles/)

But being Vanu, as others said, you have an even better alternative: the Phaseshift. It has:

(1) SASR mode (so you can spam fire)
    (2) BASR mode (headshots)
    (3) Infinite Ammo

On top, the phaseshift is (AFAIK) the only bolt-action sniper rifle without bullet drop.

Instead, if you are thinking about short/medium range, try the NS-7 PDW.
    • Up x 1
  11. Prudentia

Get the Ghost and slap the Coolantwhatever thing on and then you have a onehit headshot kill weapon with a great RPM
    • Up x 1
  12. Daigons

Try the weapons out in VR before purchasing or trial it. Also use DB bucks if you have any instead of using certs.
  13. Optic gaming

if i decided to go mid ground battlerifle or scout rifle what should i chose that mid to long ground
  14. Halkesh

SASR are a good and cheap choice but don't forget they got crappy accuracy when you move while ADS.
    If you want a close to medium range weapon, your only (poor) choice are full auto scout rifle.
    If you want a medium to long range weapon, then semi auto scout/sniper rifle and battle rifle are your best bet.
    If you want a troll weapon, then daimyo.
  15. Optic gaming

would the nsx tomoe work as a run kill option for mid range fights
  16. Prudentia

wouldn't recommend it. it's hit hard by any hit detection issues that crop up from time to time and you REALLY need to aim for headshots. and it's entirely useless in CQC.
    The NS7 PDW performs about equal or better at most ranges.
  17. Optic gaming

ok thanks for ansering my next question about the ns7pdw
  18. Optic gaming

i will most likely go for that then i will start saving for secondarys
  19. CplRDaWiggy

Flash + Fury + Stealth = Profit.
  20. Optic gaming

I tried phase shift and did not like it is there any choices for vs infiltrator that combines smg and sniper. Basically I mean is there any full auto that also has amazing range