I really hope the 10000 certs is an april fools joke

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by typnct, Mar 29, 2018.

1. typnct

10k?
    Really??
    Thats waay to much, it takes more than a month with my current playtime per day to make.

Please make it cost less or at least 3K for the first time, as br100 still need to get a ton of playtime for that.

I dont see any reason to make it so expensive.......................
    • Up x 1
  2. LodeTria

It's not.

UPGRADE NOW!
    UPGRADE NOW!
    UPGRADE NOW!
    • Up x 2
  3. Prudentia

Good thing then you heard about it a few weeks in advance
    • Up x 2
  4. Roxxlyy Community Relations

It's not. It is a lot, but the ASP is intended to be a sort of "end game" piece of content for those that have beat the grind.
    • Up x 2
  5. CplRDaWiggy

One that confers a potentially massive advantage to players that already understand every aspect of the game.

Your focus should be on new players. I'm not against giving vets something, but for me this is a waste of what are finite resources that will only exacerbate the player retention problem.
    • Up x 5
  6. typnct

i just cant see 10k to not be alot even at higher br
    • Up x 2
  7. Prudentia

i have 155k total Certs and for the past 30k or so i've just thrown certs at whatever there was. and thats with all classes and all vehicles except the ant and without any Construction items which i have no interest in.
    i consider 10k to be expensive but not terribly
  8. Skraggz

Im kinda against making life harder for the newbs... it's a good way to bat away new potential money.... For you DB.

I know you want us to "try" the mentioned content before debating it heavily, but "trying" it could be entirely too late and drive people away. The game already suffers from a massive learning curve, why not allow just the Vets (/s)..... JUST THE VETS, to have weapons that are unobtainable to newbs.

This whole announcement is a turn off for me.
    • Up x 1
  9. Daigons

Membership does come with benefits.
  10. Luicanus

Could you clarify two of the ASP Skills please?

Universal - Side Arms in Primary Weapon Slot, does this allow Stalker Infils to carry two pistols or does the Primary slot remain locked?

HA - Heavy Weapon in Secondary Slot, does this include launchers?
    The LMG Secondary lets you take the T7 Mini-Chaingun in Primary and MSW-R secondary so the Heavy Weapon one seems mostly superfluous if all it does is let you use SMG/Shotguns with the Chaingun.

If I was able to take a Decimator and a Striker I'd find it as appealing as several others (Infil Carbine, Combat Vehicles, LA SMG Secondaries, etc) and it would further divide what choices I'd make, if there are too few good ones everyone will make the same choices.

On that note I've very glad that you already have 7 that I REALLY want and I'm limited to only 5. That should lead to at least some diversity in the choices made.
  11. Prudentia

No
    No
    The heavy secondary slot is kinda useless to NC and TR because your heavy weapons are close quarters weapons anyway. but for VS it can be quite interesting to run lasher + Pump action for a Loadout thats supposed to lash most of the time, instead of just having a pocket lasher with an LMG incase you have an opportunity.
    • Up x 1
  12. Luicanus

Sadly that does render both these options essentially worthless to most users, I expect they will be automatically overlooked in favour of options that present better advantages.
  13. CaptCran

It's like voting. YOU have a choice to either spend the 10k or not. I think it's a waste of certs and takes away from the diversity of what the classes offer. I'd rather see the ability to raid dead troops gear again for faction specific weapons as long as you are that class. And you only have it for that life, once you die you lose the gear and have to raid again.
  14. Liewec123

useless?! hell naw!
    it allows you to carry a longrange monster like godsaw AND a cqc god like jackhammer.
    king of all ranges.

i do agree it will be nice to not have to choose between lasher fun and maw practicality though :p
  15. Prudentia

you can still do that with the LMG secondary perk :p just the heavy secondary perk is kinda useless cause i doubt anyone is gonna want to run around with a warden/AMR that badly :D
  16. Liewec123

i quite like my warden/grenade launcher :D
    grenade launcher + jackhammer? yes please! :D
  17. Luicanus

While I like the concept it would be pretty hard to implement I suspect, and would your tracers now be a different factions colour? it would cause a lot of friendly fire/general confusion if they were.
  18. Luicanus

A combination you could use anyway if you took the LMG secondary and not the Heavy Weapon Secondary. The HW Secondary is only useful if you want it with a Shotgun or SMG which we were pointing out is useless for TR and NC becuase their HW choices are CQC already.
    • Up x 2
  19. JibbaJabba

10k certs is not a lot for a BR100 to BR120 player. You start struggling to find things to spend on at those ranks.
  20. Lord_Avatar

Meh, chill. Not only is 10k not all that much, but the "massive advantage" isn't all that massive. More versatility - that's it. I hope the devs stick to their guns and don't give in to whining.
    • Up x 2