Its been such a long time

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DQCraze, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Nikbis

@TheRatRule

You are stunning. Nobody, ever, in the world, can come up with a solution, for you. How binary are you.
    And again with the superlatives "Your argument is completely baseless". I see MAX, I throw C4 with LA. Read it as much as needed.

I like Charge so I don't know what I'm talking about. Connect the dots for me here please. It's unrelated.

Warframe, World of Warcraft, Starcraft, DotA, League of Legends, Counter-Strike, Trackmania, Minecraft, and so on. If a game is good, it stays and is played, no matter how old it is. 5 years is nothing.

It is, otherwise Charge would still be IG.

I play(ed) LA, Infiltrator, MAX, Medic & Tech here and there, a few ground vehicles, often the Sunderer. With AA, AV, shotgun, LMG, pistol, C4, knife, grenades including smoke. Various roles and ways to be usefull in a battle.
    Tunnel vision gaming at its core, for sure !

Unless you point a specific video, I'll have hard time finding one as there are too many here.
    Still, I've watched this one : where he suggest things, and in all of that ? The Charge to be reintroduced after a MAX revamp.

+ ~100% damage taken from AV ammos.
    And/or : once the MAX is destroyed, it stays destroyed. Only its pilot, the infantry unit that was inside, can be revived.
    See ?

I've re-DL'ed PS2 once again, I'll se for myself how the game's going
  2. HippoCryties

Honestly, I’m not even gonna bother reading your reply after seeing you saying stop superlatives, I can use as many as I like.
    So childish no point in even arguing with a fool like you who believes an entire games opinion is based on what he believes and that everything he believes has to be correct.
  3. Nikbis

I DO understand your frustration following our conversation, as I probably feel the same toward you.
    I try to defend a wider variety, gameplay wise, more options on how to react and drive one's playtime ("fun"). Both as a single player and within an entire active map.
    What I don't really know is organised teamplay, which you seem to know better (speaking about friends hating Charge as much as you do).

Our PS2 experiences are on the opposite side. I solo, you teamplay. In between, those whom use the better of both sides to their adventage at the expense of each of us. They brings the game at its best. Which is... frustrating, sometimes :D
    Here, the difference between you and me is, I signed for a solo gameplay experience in a multiplayer environment, while you did not.

...Really, tell me if I'm wrong somewhere. I'm not tricking you, I like to turn pieces and see what happens :p

Your use of superlatives tries to close doors right away. I take care of everything I say, because I mean it (as much as possible). I miss this game and the possibilities it offered 2+ years ago. Sure it needed to be tweaked. But completely removing core mechanics of, here, the MAX, or in-topic, thermals... optics (not sure as I hate and can't drive aircrafts x) ) ? Too much of a change.

Fool might I be. Who cares ? :D
    My opinion has value, those who "teamplays" too, and those "in between" too. All that is a matter of balance, always.
    However, getting rid of core mechanics to solve it all is wrong, when that so called "balance" should be the goal.

I don't teamplay, except when I deploy a Sundy at that awesome spot and I know without a word people will come.
    I don't aircraft because I... just can't ahah ! And except Sundies, I barely ground vehicles.
    So no, I don't hold "THE KEY §!!!§§!" to the perfect PS2 gameplay, but a few ones, at least. For the others I don't fully comprehend, I'm here, exchenging with you, and other people.
    I try not to be narrow minded and learn others opinion. I'll keep doing it as much as needed.

Does all that makes sense for anybody, even just a little ? :eek:
  4. FateJH

There was no Charge problem.

If you wanted to make Charging complicated, however, you used MANA turrets (can't run through them) and anti-personnel mines and C-4. These days you could have probably added Engineer defense walls (an an obstruction) and AT Mines (in the same lieu as C-4). Actually, you could have ever applied AT mines back in the day too, but you had to sneak up on the MAX to lay it which, depending on what they were doing may have been easy. I've killed MAXes with carbines, sticky grenades, Infiltrator rifles, UBGLs, Lashers, ...; these days you have Archers and explosive bolts to reinforce that sort of damage. Obviously, you also had rocket launchers, carried in requirement by anywhere from a fourth to a third of the playerbase at any given time, and now rocklet rifles, carried in requirement by another class. After they began appearing on radar naturally, you really didn't have as much excuse not knowing that they were coming.

If you or your squad didn't know how to deal with MAXes, with or without Charge, you were either ill-prepared, inattentive, or straight-up not really as good as you believe you were. I'm sorry. It just never was that difficult in the first place.
    • Up x 1
  5. HippoCryties

Yup I get you... sorry if I came out as aggressive. I did used to solo before I joined my outfit though it really improves the game. Agree to disagree?
  6. HippoCryties

Hahahahah. Might I ask how many times you hit a MAX charging away from a chokepoint surrounded by engineers healing him with a rocket launcher or AT mines. Probably 0. Everyone in my squad is above br 80and have played the game for at least 3 years. MAX’s escaping chokepoints when they should die is not down to skill, it is down to a gameplay mechanic which was badly developed. So , no it isn’t easy to hit a charging max unless they are running directly at you which st a chokepoint they won’t be.
  7. FateJH

Five years. Started in December 2012.
    Oh, come now, give me a little credit. I don't have as bad aiming skill as your whole squad.
    • Up x 1
  8. HippoCryties

Ahaha I play with the the best player in the entire game when I play with Trident which is Nucleartouch. So yeah .... he would destroy you every single damn time
  9. FLHuk

I wish you could've met Choon2 :D

Your loyalty to the current Trident does you credit but it is colouring your outlook somewhat....
  10. DQCraze

I guess my point on this thread is I have no problem with AA that requires some sort of skill like the walker, but 1 skyguard is enough for any convoy. Ranger is Overpowered right now as it sits and the sky guard needs to be toned down just a bit. The other thing is, I have an anti infantry cannon that doesnt spot infantry, even the A10s and Apaches have night vision that spots infantry and this is 1000s of years in the future...
  11. strangedood

You mean "Air v Ground Farming" is gone!?!?!? Oh noes! Teh gaem is ruind!!! </sarcasm>
  12. DQCraze

Not farming but why have an anti infantry cannon that doesnt spot infantry?
  13. Pacster3

And why do I have an anti air lockon that basicly needs an aircraft to get into dumbfire range before it locks on?

And yeah...too bad there are actiually one or 2 expensive vehicles that can drive you off...while being bad at ANYTHING else. Be happy that your thing is not similar limited. You can basicly take on ANYTHING while almost nothing can hurt you(unless you are really stupid). But hey, it's skyguards and walkers that are OP...sure.
  14. Pacster3

I'd agree with you if you would use your liberator only on fights where you have like 10 enemies+. Unfortunately I usually seem to spot them on small scale fights where they can farm away cause no single player or small group can do anything against them unless they waste much more resources. A liberator ends any type of ground fun...and the ranger at least makes it possible to fight back(if the liberator dalton gunner ain't good that is).