Servers Down For 7 Hours???

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DQCraze, Mar 22, 2018.

1. DQCraze

Plug em back in please..
  2. Prudentia

still no new record
    • Up x 1
  3. Sparkatb

Bored AF.
    • Up x 1
  4. strikearrow

What is the record? It's been 8.5 hours now and I wonder if maybe they'll just stay down until the next workday, because today's workday is over.
  5. MrowCat

Guys,

They've given us the information we need to know. They are working to get us into the game, don't forget this is their job. The longer they are down for the less they can potentially earn which translates into more headaches for them. I know it sucks not having the ability to play the game but at the same time I would rather have this happen today rather than Friday morning. I am sure that they are doing everything they can practically do to make sure Planetside is up soon.
    • Up x 5
  6. Prudentia

72+ hours for the EU servers :rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  7. Doc Jim

Ah, good old Consuela must have had a bad fall in the server room...
    • Up x 1
  8. airtaz

9. Exploding Acorn

Well at least I can have a good laugh at the fact that I just came back to the game after years only last night and was having a grand nostalgia trip. Didn't really miss maintenance / patch day screw ups but looks like they're still around as well.
    • Up x 4
  10. TerraSlayer03

• Up x 1
  11. airtaz

Yeah, crazy eh?
  12. Kalabaster1

I appreciate it is their job etc etc however, these issues are from deployments to production servers. Not beta, development or user acceptance test servers. If my people deployed updates / releases into production that caused them to be unavailable there would be questions asked and serious assurance that procedures would be put in ensure it would not be happening again, at least anytime soon. It seems that many times an update or a maintenance activity is taking down a production system; might be time to look at what quality assuranmce approach is being taken?
  13. Zardahn

Middle Management Mike....I don't care what the procedure says I know pressing the big red button will make it go faster...Just do it .
    Operator Orvall.. your the boss......Boss the servers wont come back up and we lost the last backups , I suggest we restore and start fresh.

MM Mike...umm okay how long till the last known good backup gets here?
    Orvall..ummm we can Fedex from our secure facility in Kansas and have it here by 6pm.
    Mike...okay but put on the forum update just a couple of hours ,,,stupid gamers wont know

BAAAA HAAA HAAAA Middle Management Mike How about a legit update. lol too funny sticking to the 2 hour call ROFL
    • Up x 1
  14. Roxxlyy Community Relations

For reference, this isn't a maintenance we do all the time - it has to do with the sustainability of our databases which will (eventually) help support the long-term health of things on the back end. Today's extended downtime has been unfortunate, but at the very least it will help things in the long run.
  15. JobiWan

My outfit had a large OP planned for tonight, some even took a day off work to join in.

Sucks.
    • Up x 2
  16. DQCraze

Thanks for the update, but in the future can you just say we are going to take the servers down for a day, it would avert a lot of frustration.
    • Up x 1
  17. Roxxlyy Community Relations

"Extended downtime" - this wasn't the intended outcome. Servers were initially expected to come back up in the announced 2 hours. The updates we've been sharing today are happening as the team works on the issues that arose in real time.
    • Up x 4
  18. Darhsiddes

I have the solution to this problem, you have to make a Makemaker to the hard disk, then a full defrag and put an extra fan to the motherboard and turn it on
  19. utofbu

yeah, just watching the rolling server resets, I can only imagine what yall are dealing with.
  20. Novius363

Just have to be patient people, remember Murphy's Law. Can't plan for everything and DBG are doing everything they can at the current moment to assess and fix the issue.
    • Up x 2