[Guide] Highly Technical Weapon Comparison: 143 @ 698 LMGs

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Iridar51, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Iridar51

>>> Posted at Iridar.net <<<

This article compares MGR-L1 Promise, T9 CARV-S, Pulsar LSW and SVA-88.

I'd like to review Anchor and Maw next, but no promises on deadlines.
  2. Gutseen

boi, for TR anything outside of TMG-50, standard CARV and NS15 is crap.
    For NC there is SAW and Anchor
    For VS Betel and standard LMG
    thats it, and i didnt even had to spew out a wall of text and useless stats
  3. Iridar51

yeah boi, who needs theory of gravity, it's obvious that things fall downwards.
  4. Gutseen

oh boi, u tilted with that comparison.
  5. Prudentia

nah you are acting pretty dumb, boi
  6. Gutseen

tell that to mama Merkel.
  7. Fishpoke

Makes you wonder if spending dev resources on all those "new weapons" was even worth it in the long run? I'd wager building a better game would have made more money over time.
  8. DarkStarAnubis

Agree.

In general those "new weapons" do not have a lot to offer compared to the existing set of LMGs:

The Watchman is a bullet hose but handicapped by a 5.5 sec short reload and an abysmal 7 sec long reload. You can be killed multiple times while you are busy reloading.

The Promise has been covered by Iridar's review. It is not bad, but meh in terms of damage. The Anchor is better at short/medium range and the SAW is better at medium/long range, so it has no place to stay.

The MAW is not bad as well, but it competes with the Orion in short/medium range and for the lucky people who use it, the Bettlejiuce.
  9. Ragnarock

Promise is good for the W+M1 type of gameplay.It is accurate enough in close ranges, but the damage output is kind of low ,so you gotta go for those headshots or you'll get outdamaged.

So TL:DR; why pick promise when you can use the godsaw for long, or anchor for short range combat? promise is ok at medium and meh at short-long range fights, due to bad damage output.