What are the actual advantages of Vanu?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bogdanov989, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Blam320

Vanu has very fast reloads and weapons with different gimmicks, such as charged-shots, cooldowns instead of reloads, or zero bullet drop, given we use a lot of plasma-based weapons.
  2. CaptCran

3. The Shady Engineer

Wasn't there something early in the game's development about VS small arms having small splash damage but suffer an extra tier of damage drop off over range but the idea got scrapped before beta?
  4. Prudentia

They had an extra tier of dropoff for no bullet drop.
    it got quickly established that no bullet drop is irrelevant on anything short of 100m targeting and the extra dropoff made vanu weapons worthless at 50m+ already so it got removed
  5. iDante

[IMG]

ill just leave it here no need more explanation
    • Up x 3
  6. adamts01

I think that was true before Cai, but the new Striker completely invalidating enemy air has really thrown a wrench in to things.
  7. iDante

its still true m8 it came to a point where Vanu got amunition where they dont have to aim anymore lmao
    Vanu faction as a whole is just disgrace to any fps
  8. Prudentia

it came to a point where Nc got a gun where you don't even have to control Recoil anymore lmao
    NC faction as a whole is just a disgrace to any fps
  9. iDante

idk why u keep saying it has no recoil when Promise actualy fight with you alot i have feeling you havent used it and just talk bs from its stats
    and its still more effective to burst with any NC lmg anyway, Promise is meh weapon overall

also maw/watchman > promise so i have no idea why ure so triggered , truth hurts i guess xD

oh and 1 more thing you just compared not having to aim to not having to control recoil rofl
    • Up x 2
  10. AlcyoneSerene

Except we never wanted this unstable ammo to begin with, nor the completely OP iteration on release (the great Canis massacre), so perhaps you can blame whoever came up with this idea in the first place.
  11. Prudentia

you keep saying Unstable ammo has not to aim when it only increases your projectile size by about 3 to 5cm
  12. iDante

nobody wanted it
    its just i dont get the person that balances the game, devs just forcefully keep making vanu a easy mode faction
    i dont blame players but the whole faction not players is a joke in terms of skill requirement

a tank that can get anywhere it wants with the most accurate turret in entire game
    AI weps that just massacre infantrys w,o even aiming at them
    unstable ammo
    hardest to hit aircraft due to its model
    fastest reload, nearly no recoil, no bullet drop
    i could go on and on, devs really need to start balancing factions cause this is getting ridiculous
  13. iDante

are you serious now?
    do you know how much big incrase is 3-5cm on a bullet???
  14. Prudentia

from 3cm to 6cm? yeah 2x. which means you can miss by about 0.05° and still hit more than normally
  15. iDante

yeah

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  16. Prudentia

as i said, from 3 to 6cm. you can normally already miss by by 1-2cm due to the hitbox sizes.
  17. iDante

mate just look how far i was aiming from the head and you re telling me thats ok?

also inb4 sniper rifles with unstable ammo xD
  18. Prudentia

considering that you just did a whooping 200 damage, sure.
    but hey, atleast it's not the TR striker with a 15m projectile hitbox ;)
    • Up x 1
  19. HippoCryties

Oh Hah I misinterpreted it .... if u can’t be nuclear I’m the next best thing what’s ure in game name on cobalt?
  20. adamts01

To be fair, about every player knew that gun was broken, just not the devs. I haven't logged in since it's release but it sounds like it's in a good place now. It helps players who can't aim but punishes vets with lower dps. Not the direction I would have liked a new weapon to go, but whatever. Where I will agree that VS goes against a proper shooter is the Lasher and Scythe PPA. No aiming at all, just spam shots on the floor till you rack up enough damage for a kill. But as Prudentia mentioned, the Striker takes the cake. 15m wiggle room for shots..... I'd argue that weapon is the single most broken thing in the game. I think the mechanic is great for AA for this game, but it's tracking range needs to at least be cut in half.
    • Up x 1