[Suggestion] [MBT] a special camo's for the best mbt's drivers in each faction(given once a week)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by typnct, Feb 25, 2018.

1. typnct

special one of a kind camo's like full gold, black(no faction color) etc...

theres a lot of great mbt players in the game(krutojyojik2 is prob nc best mbt player in miller)
    and i really want the top players to be given something special and a camo(one of a kind that cant be bought) will show some real skill!

seriously this will attract players to try to be the best at what they like to get some special non buyable stuff! and make some interesting competition :D

any other suggestions will be greeted with open mind )))
  2. LegendarySalmonSnake

So pretty much Marks of Excellence?
    Problem is that unlike WoT this is a combined arms game with no matchmaking of any kind. I feel that rewards like this could only be handed in their own dedicated events.
  3. LtBomber1

Who is "the best"?

The one with most kills? --> HE hill spammer...
    The one with most vehicle kills? Flash farmer incoming (and kill stealer)...
    Most XP? Better get badges while in tank and join-cap every base...

Sadly, the "best" tanker is hard to find in a open world sandbox game. Is the one who kills most sundies the better because he has impact on the game than a tank vs tank dueller, or is he just picking easy targets?
    • Up x 1
  4. typnct

I guess it really is a tough choice on how to do it so i would rate it like this
    1 point per harraser kill
    2 points per lightning kill
    2 points per sundy
    2 per esf
    3 per liberator
    3 per mbt kill

5 inf kills per 1 point

Badges dont add you any rating(fighting in an underpop(your nation in at least 5% difference is 30% point bonus)

Tell me what you think about it
  5. Jubikus

Sorry but theres no real way to tell who the best is and the the development time to even track such a thing wouldn't be worth the effort for the dev team. Even your suggested system here is highly flawed. First how would it decide points if your gunner got the kill and not the driver. Second and most importantly this style of point system would mean the best tank driver would be the one that simply had the most time to play and get kills not necessarily any real measurement of skill.

I really like the idea of rewarding the best but this isnt the type of game where the best has a solid definition.