[Suggestion] Flying Quad copters

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SkyBlitzerxx, Feb 21, 2018.

1. SkyBlitzerxx

if i want anything in the game, its something really fun to do. and flying around on a drone bike is my kinda fun. maybe someone could help design it, cuz i have no skils whatsoever with computer graphic design. i could sketch it up on paper tho. single seater, one gun hardpoint, and boost. maybe even scout radar. now that would be hella fun, for the same nanite cost as the flash.
  2. stalkish

We did have a recon drone in the works at one point but devs decided against it.

No weapons tho, just recon on this one:
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  3. Insignus

This sounds akin to a flash.

I'm not inherently opposed to the option of a lower cost aircraft, however,there are some problems I see with this idea.

The current airgame generally has all the available vehicles it needs to fill niches. The ESF and the Valk both have scout radar, with scout radar being a major part of the Valk's utility and niche, so adding as single seat, cheaper vehicle with direct pilot control weapons and an afterburner would fundamentally compromise it's effectiveness.

A similar idea I devised to get around this was basically a spawn-able hang glider with limited fuel (A single use activated boost) with a pair of smoke launchers.