ban the statpadders

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by supahitecjetfyta, Feb 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supahitecjetfyta

5 sundies in the warpgate all shooting constantly farming ammo resupply points
    • Up x 1
  2. strikearrow

They tend to use ammo sunderers to the point now where I see 5-6 in the VS warpgate constantly. Plus some of them build vehicle terminals inside mountains and then somehow pull ammo sunderers inside the mountain and do this.
  3. supahitecjetfyta

logged into my NC on connery only to find more ammo sundies there too,
    HHCN this time,
    annoying sound they make, cant hear anything else when anywhere near them
    bang bang bang,
    bang bang bang,
    bang bang bang,
    bang bang bang,
    bang bang bang,
    bang bang bang,
    bang bang bang,
    • Up x 1
  4. FateJH

In the TR, this is called "exhilaration."
    • Up x 1
  5. Eternaloptimist

Pretty sure it's against the rules - have you recorded any of it and reported it?
    • Up x 1
  6. DemonicTreerat

That would be a start but it needs to be taken further to really put an end to wholesale stat padding.

The consequences need to affect every member of any outfits involved in a really negative way and be done publicly so everyone can see why the outfit & its members were punished. You see right now the mindset of too many players is "well as long as I don't do the actual stat padding/ cheating/ etc I can benefit from it so I won't report it." What needs to happen is that when an outfit starts that stuff people leave it fast because they're scared of having certs & DBC docked, having their account suspended or even outright banned, and above all being humiliated as a confirmed cheater in public.

The beauty of being draconian in such clear cut cases is that once its made clear that everyone associated with the cheaters will suffer too, people quickly cut their ties to the cheaters. And since cheaters really only care about getting their ego boosted being socially isolated hurts them very badly. Enough that most will leave for less hostile games, which opens the door to (secretly) relaxing the need to assume guilt by association, yet leaving the players with all the good habits (avoiding & reporting cheaters, not tolerating their antics, etc).
    • Up x 1
  7. strikearrow

Sitting in a ammo sunderer or just running a macro for the resupply certs is not fun PLUS it breaks the rules. Not breaking rules should be ingrained into every child with severe punishment by the time they are 5. If they want to change the rules, then they need to follow the rules about how to go about changing rules.

The reason we have so much crime in the USA is because children are not taught well enough.
  8. FateJH

Found Vlad the Impaler.
  9. stalkish

They are the tip of the iceberg m8, check this website out, clearly shows who is stat padding and when theyre doing it.
    One wonders why the devs cant create their own one of these, or even just look at this one for an idea of who is padding.
    Once they have an idea they can 'watch' the player(s) involved and issue a stat reset.

Id prefer a stat reset to a ban, put their char back to 0 everytime this is detected, theyll soon stop.
    If they have 3 resets and they pad a 4th time, perm ban them, theyre obviously not interested in actualy playing to game so the devs have lost nothing.
    • Up x 1
  10. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Feel free to report them, but please don't blacklist names here as it directly violates the forum rules.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.