Ambusher jump jets should have a separate key

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by belmonkey, Feb 14, 2018.

1. belmonkey

Since Ambusher jets can have a tendency to go off unintentionally when doing certain things (like jumping up something while jets are on cooldown), I feel like it makes a bit of sense to allow Ambusher to (at least optionally) be bound to the ability key like all the other ones, instead of just being merged with the jump key. It would also have the perk of allowing Ambusher to quickly be used without jumping.
    • Up x 4
  2. HippoCryties

Love ure knifing sprees on emerald monkey
    • Up x 1
  3. belmonkey

Thanks. Tbh, while I see the topic as an issue that I think should be resolved (even just by letting the ability key activate jump jets too; no reworking menus required), I kinda hope for it so that I can use Ambusher without first jumping, making Ambusher knifing easier.
  4. JibbaJabba

Aye, this can be overcome with some muscle memory but it's not natural, prone to mistakes, and just an overall crappy experience.
  5. Oleker2

Players are asking for that since it's launch... as per usual DBG is not giving a damn.
  6. typnct

7. DemonicTreerat

Add my two bits to that. Only it would be nice if all jet packs had that option. Along with some way to selectively turn on/ off certain implants such as IR vision, minor cloak, and Catlike (rank 5). IR would be much more useful if it didn't render you blind beyond 125m all the time, and minor cloak wouldn't be a pain in the rear (always cutting off a ress/ hack/ shot) if the user could determine when they want it to be active or not. As for catlike 5 - very useful except when you're worked your way up a to a window but can't jump in because you constantly hit your hear on the eaves. >.<

Its little things like that that make what would be great and fun items be relegated to the "screw this, back to min-max" rubbish bin.