Gameing Performance

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AeroS, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Towie

Very sound advice - if you're going to upgrade CPU/Mobo then you may as well go with the latest. The i5-8400 is the current darling of the gaming world, people see '2.8Ghz' and think meh but with 6 cores and 4Ghz turbo it is quite a champ and doesn't even get hot.

Worth mentioning the AMD Ryzen too - vastly superior to the previous gen AMD...
  2. AeroS

In case my cooling system rework wont work,

How about a i5-8400 with an geforce gtx1050ti with 8bg ddr4 2134 MHz?

how good will this setup run ps2? any fps guess or experience you guys made?

THX to all of you and your nice and suggestiv help
  3. allesneu2

4. Iridar51

100+ FPS on average, with a minimum about 70 FPS, and a maximum of 160+, on Ultra settings without shadows. It's honestly somewhat of an overkill if you're not using a 120 Hz monitor.

Like I said, solve your cooling problems and get a GTX 1050 or 1050 Ti first, and only if it won't be enough think about upgrading the rest of the PC.
  5. frozen north

What he said.
  6. BamaRage

I built a PC for my nephew who plays and he is running a 650 with an I5 cpu and he does well.
  7. Iridar51

I find that hard to believe. What I expect is <60 FPS on potato settings and input lag. You might not notice it because you're not the one playing.
  8. BamaRage

i don't care to much about what you believe. But I played on the machine for a week while I worked on my own machine. Now, it would get a bit lagy in abnormally large battles especially around player made bases. But in every other instance it performed very well on medium settings and reasonable render distance.