Watchman

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AISkander, Feb 9, 2018.

1. AISkander

Add a little bit. Just a little bit of recoil. It's an LMG not a SMG/Carabine. It's too accurate for its role

Becouse getting 5 easy consecutive headshots is too much.
  2. HippoCryties

Lol I ain’t used it yet but people say it’s ****...
  3. FateJH

• Up x 2
  4. AISkander

Just needs a little bit of accuracy nerf
  5. Crash Bandicoot

I knew someone would make a thread and start crying about it...
    • Up x 2
  6. raffa2

No. Just no.
    Such a low damage per bullet and high rate of fire, if it gets an accuracy nerf, it might end in unusable territory.
    Also doesn't seem much more powerful than other TR weapons, MSW-R is much better in most situations.
  7. Ucarenya

It shouldn't be nerfed as it is just another all-arounder. Any nerf to it will get me back to MSW-R/Minigun/Battle Rifle/Shotgun shifting.
  8. Voiidd

The nerf will be comming and the tears will flow... that thing is a heavy SMG atm.
  9. DarkStarAnubis

It is a very nice all-purpose Lmg. I have purchased it yesterday and started to get familiar with it, my feedback:

-it seems not to be happy with a x4 sight
    -forget the super-duper RPM in an heavy battle if your FPS drops
    -it is rather precise at all ranges
    -slap IA ammo and it is good for long-range, slap SPA and it is good for CQC
    -I melted a Max yesterday facing him directly and filling his head with rounds, it is a rare pleasure :)
    -coming from the MSW-R I reload even if I shoot a round and this is an habit that can get you killed with the Watchman
    -love the graphics, very nice looking
    • Up x 1
  10. HAXTIME

A few things before jumping into this:
    • The first auraxium of the Watchman was made by a very high KPH player who, IIRC, has more than 50.000 kills with the MSW-R
    • Before doing any comparisons, I believe the Watchman should be compared to high mobility and high KPM focused weapons, such as the MSW-R, Orion, Betelgeuse, and the like, and not to the NC Promise or the VS MAW; sure it's an all-arounder but it really is only good for close-to-medium ranges, with some slightly better medium range capabilities but less KPH potential with Impact Ammo
    Now as for the Watchman itself, and what my opinion about it is (I have ~200 kills with it so far, not that much time to play PS2 nowadays as I have a company to run)...

It really is nothing more than your usual CQB LMG, just has a higher mag-size, slightly better range, and a monstrous reload duration.

If it wasn't for its amazing aesthetics (and audio, I like the powered spin-down sound when you stop firing), I would likely not use it at all, as I prefer the style of heavy-hitting and/or accurate LMGs more (TMG-50 mainly, but the looks of that gun were changed with this update, it's now lower on the screen and feels smaller and weaker in its visual department).

As for whether a nerf would be warranted or not... we'll have to wait. If it performs better than the Orion, Anchor, GD-22S, and the like, then a slight nerf is justified. If it does not, it's all just bads whining 'cuz being bad.
    • Up x 1
  11. Eternaloptimist

It feels (as I suspected) like using a TORQ9 AR. Very effective at a variety of ranges. But I'm not buying one until I see how or whether it gets toned down.
    • Up x 2
  12. AISkander

The canis was nerfed becouse it could HS easly.

The watchmen does the same having various range capabilities.
    I'm not saying to nerf it to the ground. I'm saying to adjust it.
  13. Liewec123

i used it all of last night and im still undecided on whether or not it is an MCG replacement.
    tis awesome, i'm just not sure if it is more awesome than MCG
  14. Lord_Avatar

Since I suck horribly with the MCG (and I do mean *horribly*) it'd be a no-brainer for me...
  15. raffa2

Finally TR gets a new weapon with high faction specific traits and people get mad.
    Being mad for the Gladius being nerfed, which is right due to its high damage at range, and Canis due to its aimbot mechanics, might obfuscate your vision towards this weapon.
  16. Campagne

"High damage at range?" What? The Gladius drops four damage tiers over 44 meters.

And that's not even what the nerf was about!
    • Up x 1
  17. Prudentia

all SMGs drop 4 damage tiers at range. not all of them kill with a consistent 3 headshots up to 22meters while also having no recoil.
  18. raffa2

That's what the nerf is about, the devs recognized its strenght, but didn't want to remove its damage, which is a faction specific trait, so they nerfed the magazine to make it less versatile as it is right now.
  19. Doc Jim

*cough* NS-7 PDW *cough*
    • Up x 2
  20. Lord_Avatar

It's an exception, not the rule.