[Vehicle] Galaxy and landing pad

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by elkikko92, Jan 30, 2018.

1. elkikko92

I suggest galaxy can deploy on landing pad
    Do you agree?
    • Up x 1
  2. DirArtillerySupport

It gave the game dimension and I liked it. It also gave purpose to a vehicle that to this day is primarily used as battering ram with a whale horn. There's a million ways they could have made it work. Unfortunately you'll hear a lot of regurgitated reasons of why it didn't work and therefor can't ever work.
  3. Demigan

The reason those get "regurgitated" is because they were the truth. Galaxies were tougher, faster, better armed, easier to outrepair enemies and could deploy in better places.

If anything, the Valkyrie should get an AMS ability and deploy on the ground. Its relative weakness when stationary especially compared to the Sunderer makes it not OP.

the Galaxy could get an FOB function. For example the ability to deploy nearby bases (but not as close as a Sunderer) and then version 1 resupplies friendly tanks and aircraft, while version 2 allows infantry to spawn there and for Players to spawn light vehicles like Lightnings, if necessary using cortium from its own stores or a nearby silo. This gives both attackers and defenders more options to start and keep the vehicle fight going, and also to stage attacks on those PMB's build in the middle of nowhere with the intent of not being attacked because its too much trouble to get there.
    • Up x 5
  4. DirArtillerySupport

So make them weaker, unarmed, slow, irreparable messes lugging a “deployment AMS”...a million and one ways of making it work. Those landing pads on the bio domes are large useless props...much like the galaxy.
  5. LordKrelas

So a flying AMS, that can be easily positioned where no Sunderer can reach, and has the ability to fly to the sky-limit rendering all but aircraft incapable of even intercepting it let alone removing it.
    Add in the massive size, and that's a built-in-negatives... which is now amplifying the nerfs, and even then is a better tactical option.

You'd have to level on so many negatives onto the platform just to not out-preform a land-vehicle AMS.
    Or just abandon the universal AMS option on Galaxies.

Valks are a much better concept for it: Demigan was right on that one - not to mention the Valk needs more Love.
    • Up x 1
  6. Prudentia

stop insulting my baby.
    The Galaxy is a Combat Vehicle. it can instagib tanks, duel ESFs, ambush Libs, Farm infantry, Endlessly Spawn Infantry, put entire squads EVERYWHERE with an extremely low risk of interception and ontop of that all it has whale noises as a horn.

If you think the Galaxy is useless you should stop lonewolfing and join a decent outfit.
    • Up x 1
  7. elkikko92

What devs think about new ability for GALAXY?
  8. Halkesh

How do you deploy your galaxy-AMS on air-pad with the current no-deploy zone ?
    • Up x 1
  9. JibbaJabba

Great suggestion I think.

Originally it was the Galaxy that was meant to be the AMS, not the sunderer. During beta it was like this. The devs envisioned it this way. The guy who made the biolab said he envisioned two platoons going at it with one galaxy each parked on the biolab pads.

They made a last minute change to move AMS to the Sundy. There were really good reasons for this.

However, confining AMS abilities of a Galaxy to just airpads might just work. It gets back to one of the envisioned goals but skirts many of the showstopper problems.

Implementation might be pretty tricky. That's significant code stuff, not just cosmetic. The Galaxy AMS code still exists but it would have to be heavily tweaked to only work on airpads. They would have to "green zone" the airpads inside the larger no-deploy zone as well.
  10. Dualice

He's got you there, fellas.
    • Up x 4
  11. Demigan

Why make the Galaxy weaker, unarmed, slow, irreparable messes, if you can just give the Valkyrie this job without making it OP at all?

And give the Galaxy a larger support role by allowing these to function as small forward bases. Deploy one near a friendly base under attack to give friendlies access to a vehicle spawn that isn't instantly camped just because an enemy arrived to attack you, and easy access to get there (just spawn). This makes more sense and gives more versatility in both attack and defense while both aircraft still have a distinct role compared to eachother.
  12. DirArtillerySupport

I just think the scale is wrong..the landing platforms on the biodomes are massive. I recall seeing Gals landed on the platforms deployed with directional shields engaged and it just reminded me of the old Planetside.

The rest sounds good to me.
  13. Insignus

14. Demigan

Maybe I should have elaborated, but my idea would make the Valkyrie deployable anywhere where there's no no-deploy zone, rather than just Biolabs.
    • Up x 1
  15. elkikko92

I think is a good idea if Valkyrie can deploy (everywhere).

For galaxy no deploy ability, Maybe a veichle terminal
  16. DirArtillerySupport

LOVE the Valkyrie and it should.
    • Up x 1