Sunderer as attack vehicle loadout?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Icehole1999, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Icehole1999

Is there an effective Sunderer build to make it an attack vehicle? I’d mostly use it to bully light armor and Lightnings. I have my kid and one of his squeaker friends as dedicated gunners.
  2. Campagne

Dual Basilisks and blockage armour is pretty universal, should be more than enough to beat back light armour.
    • Up x 2
  3. Prudentia

Blockade + Fire supression makes for a battlebus
    if you wanna be insulting and don't expect too many enemies at once you can also use shield, deploy and then start shooting
    • Up x 1
  4. Icehole1999

Any chassis slot recommendations?
  5. Armcross

I always use Racer, just learn to slow down when needed.
    • Up x 2
  6. Doc Jim

I've never even tried the rival chassis or whatever it's called, I went straight to the racer and have never regretted it.
    • Up x 2
  7. LtBomber1

Rival was great as long as rear armor was better, now both are viable. Racer for some good ramming.

The offensive Battlebus runs Blockade, FireSup, Racer. 3 Engies. Gunner stay, driver can hop and repair (allways jumping out the left door, keep in mind).
    A harder to play battle bus makes use of the shield. Make sure the sundi can deploy without delay. Let weaker foes shoot the shield, while you damage them. As soon as the shield colapse, undeploy and chase them down. Could be worth mentioning that its great to have bail LAs with ambush and C4 when charging against armor.
    • Up x 3
  8. Prudentia

Oh also NEVER run without Grenade Bandolier and Repair grenades as a battlebus. healing 500HP before resistances on top of Fire Suppresion gives you amazing survivability
    • Up x 2
  9. Icehole1999

Ok, so I’ve got Blockade 3, Racer1 and FS1 on it so far. I upgraded the optics and magazine size for the Basilisks, which I think I’m going to keep on it.
  10. Dualice

Guess the dual Fury battlebus is no longer so good since the "CAI" thing happened? Last time I played with my outfit (sometime in September last year I think) the racer chassis/blockade armour/fire supression/dual Fury with thermal optics, was the primary troll loadout for a sundy.
    • Up x 1
  11. Doc Jim

Bear in mind that fire suppression has to be maxed out in order to make a difference. Whenever I start certing out a new vehicle loadout which includes fire suppression, fire suppression is the first part that I finish. The 3% from rank 1 are just not going to make much of a difference compared to the 12% from rank 4.
    • Up x 2
  12. Corezer

focus on FS3 first, then max blockade, then FS4, then racer 2 and 3

the 1 cert zoom is plenty for basilisks, they aren't accurate enough to need more, and I wouldn't focus on mag size too much either with faction weapons for the bus on the horizon.
    • Up x 2
  13. Icehole1999

A bit of an update, my kid has expanded his outfit and now I have a half dozen squeaker preeteens with Archer Engineers to ride around in the Sundy.

I wish TR had a bright yellow camo so I could make it look like a school bus.
    • Up x 4
  14. Saxon

When you try the rival combat you will regret, everything to do with traction and steering on my sundy is awesome
    • Up x 1
  15. stalkish

Seems to roll over less aswel with rival, everytime i equip racer my sundy feels like this: (and ends up like it aswel :D )
    • Up x 1
  16. Towie

I second that - ran racer for a long time but the better handling from rival is more beneficial to me than getting there slightly sooner.
    • Up x 1